Surviving Christmas Reviews

½ April 21, 2015
I saw it for a laugh. Sadly, it did not provide even the slightest of chuckles. It was just...boring. I get what the point of it was, but it didn't even come close to delivering the message intended.
February 11, 2015
solid Christmas movie
½ January 11, 2015
Really deserves better than what it got. While not the best film out there, it also is a welcome addition to the Christmas genre after so many worse ones.
½ January 3, 2015
bad story, bad acting, bad directing,
December 25, 2014
Underrated. Far from perfect but a really good, enjoyable movie nonetheless. Great chemistry between Applegate and Affleck, Affleck like you'll never see him again, he's enjoyable, but as he's far down the "Serious, Serious" road now, you'll not see him anywhere near this funny and goofy again.
Fantastic supporting cast, Gandolfini is so good as the gruff Dad, O'Hara so perfect as the Mom and to Gandolfini's Dad, Macy as the granddad, and others, can't imagine a better cast. Really good lines peppered throughout, overlook the odd bit here and there and just an enjoyable hour and a half.
Clearly there was some struggle during production to get this made, makes you wonder what it could have been, but also clearly why a good cast is so important, and what a great cast can do to save a movie even to the point of making it an enjoyable 90 minutes.
December 15, 2014
A strange plot which wasn't believable.
½ December 14, 2014
This is another one of those Christmas films that probably only holds it's rating due to nostalgic values and Christmas setting.
December 13, 2014
This movie made me laugh for the entire movie and no I am not uneducated, I just love movies that make me laugh instead of recoiling in horror at all the blood and guts.
½ December 10, 2014
I enjoy this movie every year ; "you were in Pippen in high school; you played Wind" and " I think your mom's starting to like your grandfather hitting on her. here's a sentence you don't often hear on Christmas Eve."
November 28, 2014
Very poor production.
November 25, 2014
poorly acted, horrible script. bad set design. Overall a horrible movie.
½ November 24, 2014
literally the worst movie I have ever seen.. no other way to explain it.
February 16, 2010
(First and only viewing - 11/19/2013)
August 2, 2014
Es una película que no ofrece nada nuevo al espectador que en vez de trasmitir un sentimiento navideño se convierte en un festín de sueños.
No hay chispas en los diálogos, al igual que los personajes que son bastante olvidables.
May 8, 2014
this movie is pretty funny i enjoyed it.
February 10, 2014
This was really funny.
½ January 31, 2014
a two yuck X-mas pic
January 10, 2014
Makes me laugh everytime
January 1, 2014
A rich man hires a family to interpret his childhood memories of the festive season. A complete lack of likeable characters makes the film seem pretty obnoxious. Furthermore, the concept pretty soon falls flat in dullness.
December 31, 2013
It's a weird concept of a film,a man who lost touch with his folks & reality decides to rent the house he used to live in as a kid and engage the people living in now to be his Christmas family. It's weird but somehow it's entertaining, some jokes are good but Affleck is as wooden as ever...too bad it could have been a better film.