91% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Surviving Christmas Reviews

Jigsaw
May 8, 2014
this movie is pretty funny i enjoyed it.
william b.
February 10, 2014
This was really funny.
January 31, 2014
a two yuck X-mas pic
January 10, 2014
Makes me laugh everytime
January 1, 2014
A rich man hires a family to interpret his childhood memories of the festive season. A complete lack of likeable characters makes the film seem pretty obnoxious. Furthermore, the concept pretty soon falls flat in dullness.
December 31, 2013
It's a weird concept of a film,a man who lost touch with his folks & reality decides to rent the house he used to live in as a kid and engage the people living in now to be his Christmas family. It's weird but somehow it's entertaining, some jokes are good but Affleck is as wooden as ever...too bad it could have been a better film.
December 28, 2013
An interesting story makes this comedy enjoyable.
filmlover1994
December 27, 2013
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
December 24, 2013
This movie is only good if its Christmas time and your feeling festive. The only acting in the movie that is any good is from Gandolfini & O'Hara. Affleck being the star is laughable. At least its only 90 minutes. Check it on tv during the holidays or something but don't bother hunting this movie down or anything, because its just not worth it.
Buggy43
December 21, 2013
A pretty bad movie all in. The only thing that makes this at all watchable is the fact that its a Christmas movie. Ben Affleck is just terrible- painful at times to watch- the rest of the cast (Gandolfini, Applegate, O'Hara) kind of makes up for him but keep Affleck away from comedy. The story is also lame (A lonely successful man pays the sullen owners of his childhood home to let him spend Christmas with them). Despite all the mediocre this did give me a couple of big laughs, and I suppose the whole being with family and money can't buy happiness is in keeping with the season too.12.13
December 11, 2013
well, let me be clear, i don't really want to see, but because of the low rating i feel that i have to see it.
December 9, 2013
i know i seem to be one of few on the planet who enjoy this flick, but i love it. i've never watched that i didn't laugh out loud. an annual favorite of mine - gandolfini, affleck and co. will always have a place in my world to spend the holidays!
Dann M

December 7, 2013
Lacking the magic of the season, Surviving Christmas is a shallow and uninspired film. Ben Affleck plays an eccentric millionaire ad executive who makes a deal with the family living at his childhood home to let him stay there and to help him live out his fantasy of an old fashion family Christmas. Affleck gives a phoned in performance, but co-star Christina Applegate really shines. The humor is also hit and miss, as a lot of it is in bad taste and inappropriate for a family comedy. There are a few moments of fun in Surviving Christmas, but there's no heart.
December 6, 2013
Ben Afleck is so dreamy.
November 30, 2013
It really isn't as bad as everyone says....yes, Ben Affleck gives probably his worst performance ever but there are a few laughs in there and makes you appreciate how there really is nothing like spending Christmas with the ones you love.
November 30, 2013
awful script. unlikeable characters
johnnytangster
November 16, 2007
This is pseudo-cynical comedy, however, not social satire. All the sharp corners are smoothed over and what's left is little more than a big screen sitcom. Just when you're about to dismiss Affleck and his over-the-top demeanor, the story starts to click. A movie I thought I was going to hate turned into a nice little treat. But I still can't figure out why they chose to open a Christmas picture two months ahead of the season it celebrates, since, by the end, it becomes a story with real Christmas spirit. For Christmas to be any source of laughs, many audience members will need to move past their fear of Ben Affleck. Yuletide cheer gets a kick in the shins with this funny but forced cinematic Christmas present. There are a few amusing moments, helped by subdued performances from Affleck and Gandolfini, but this is no "Bad Santa" despite its obvious ambition to play similar holiday tricks. As light, fluffy, cockle-warming holiday entertainment, this thing is pretty sweet.

VERDICT: "In The Zone" - [Mixed Reaction] These kinds of movies are usually movies that had some good things, but some bad things kept it from being amazing. This rating says buy an ex-rental or a cheap price of the DVD to own. If you consider cinema, ask for people's opinion on the film. (Films that are rated 2.5 or 3 stars)
February 16, 2013
Nearly painful to watch
December 29, 2012
I must be crazy because I thought it was funny. I actually laughed out loud a few times. And that's rare for me. I like Ben.