Suspect Zero Reviews

July 29, 2015
Ben Kingsley good but Suspect Zero bad,very very bad.
April 6, 2015
A pretty silly sort of ok.
½ April 4, 2015
Excellent Ben Kingsley
February 25, 2015
I'm not sure what most of these critics think a good movie is but, it must be somewhere @ victims running, getting in a car, driving half way around the world, getting out of the car and run right smack into the killers hands so they can see the blood and guts splatter everywhere. Special Effects, Predictable, No Story. Not knowing what is going to happen next is what makes a good movie. I think this movie has a good story that leaves you guessing, giving little clues along the way to solve the riddle. If you just like Blood and Guts films don't bother but, if you like more of a mystery, watch it, pay attention to details and judge for yourself.
½ February 10, 2015
This film had a really interesting plot but the ending was overly ridiculous. It simply tried to hard to be original while completely mimicking Se7en. Don't waste your time.
½ December 2, 2014
I hate this fucking movie.
October 29, 2006
WOW.....WOW....WOW....JUST SEEN THIS MOVIE 4 THE 1ST TIME N I REALLY REALLY DID NOT ENJOY THIS MOVIE AT ALL, IT IS SO SO SO SO BAD, MAN WITH SUCH A GREAT CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE, IT IS SO SO SO SO BAD, ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO BAD, IT IS DREADFUL, AWFUL, RUBBISH, POINTLESS, MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO SO BAD IT IS SO DREADFUL, ITS A REALLY REALLY BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO AWFUL, 2 WATCH......ITS GOT GOOD CAR CHASES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS JUST SO BAD, IT IS SO AWFUL 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO BAD,....JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE IT IS SO SO SO BAD......
July 16, 2014
Yes, it is preposterous, but.... I watched the whole thing. It has a bit of creepiness to it, I thought the plot points were stupid but it was watchable still...
April 7, 2014
A dull and plodding knock-off of Se7en that was putting me to sleep with it's unoriginality and phoned-in performances. I know there was some studio interference and lots of rewrites to the script, and it shows big time with the pacing being choppy and a lot of the exposition is rushed. The real eye-sore is the editing and directing which are just haphazard and seizure-inducing at times during the so-called "disturbing" moments, which ya know, is so "edgy". I couldn't wait for this to end, which is thankfully short and maybe someday they'll try it again, because the idea is actually solid.
December 31, 2013
This film is interesting because critics went down on it badly but having seen it many times i still wonder why? It's a good film, the story is well written, the cast is great, it's dark, tensed and intriguing.
November 9, 2013
E. Elias Merhige desperately wants to be David Lynch. While there are some nice visual treatments in this film, the story (such as it is) and characters (as deep as thick cardboard) fails to engage the viewer in any way whatsoever. I want my ninety-nine minutes back.
½ October 19, 2013
Moody with lots of potential that is never fully achieved.
December 17, 2011
A great idea is wasted on a terrible plot. Great actors are wasted in terrible roles. And much time is wasted watching a terrible movie.
September 3, 2013
I don't understand everyone's dislike of this movie. Ben Kingsley is brilliant. It is scary, tense, moving. In my top ten of suspense/thriller movies. Nothing like X-files.
½ July 14, 2013
A great performance from Ben Kingsley, but the story was slow moving and fairly predictable. It also had the feeling that it was filmed in the 80s for some reason.
½ April 24, 2013
pretty interesting one! not a typical serial-killer movie! fbi, serial killer and somebody secret in between both of them who is on the good side and is helping the way he can with his curse!
January 26, 2013
not bad... ben kingsley was amazing
January 13, 2013
i was too bored to focus............
½ January 10, 2013
There was a good film here, somewhere. What made it to the screen, however, was not. Eckhart, whom I normally enjoy, was not good at all. Moss had very little to do except ride Eckhart hard and then console him when he suddenly tells her he loves her. Kingsley does a pretty decent job being the over-the-top villain (or one of them, anyway).

There isn't enough backstory, the jumps between scenes are jarring and seem to be missing transitional information, and the lead characters don't really have anything story-driven to explain why they are acting the way they are. The photography in places is quite nicely done, however.

The whole things winds up trying to be Se7en, but fails each step of the way. Knowing some of the work Zak Penn has done since, my guess is that the direction and/or the editing is what fails this movie.

(V)