The Swan Princess Reviews

MeetMeinMontauk
December 14, 2011
Terrible.
July 27, 2007
Derek is so shallow. I want to see the ballet now.
August 7, 2006
It's actually a pretty good movie. Very entertaining.
mingsysar
½ August 15, 2006
Could've been so good.
½ May 5, 2007
Not a Disney, but still a good animation. The story and the songs keep you happy and interested.
½ November 22, 2014
As much as I love fairy tales, I can't vouch for The Swan Princess. The animation looks cheap, the songs are terrible, and it just doesn't have that magical feeling. It also seems like it is geared solely towards younger kids. (First and only viewing - 11/23/2014)
March 25, 2011
As a story adaptation of Swan Lake, it doesn't fall too short. In everything else however.,, The animation is mediocre at best, and often takes short-cuts either for budget or laziness. The cast can't carry a tune to save themselves, and even if they could the songs lyrics are preposterous. And why, in God's name, was there a puffin in this? Disney this is not, and although I have sometimes had my issues with Disney, in this case that is definitely an insult.

"There comes a time, the possum said, when if all else fails just play dead."
August 3, 2010
I really love this movie! I didn't watch it as a child, but instead as a teenager. The music really caught onto me! The Swan Princess is just a good movie in general.
June 25, 2010
I remember I really loved it when I was young. Tried watching it again recently and it lost a bit of its magic.
July 29, 2007
A fun little time, with some impressive moments, and some great sidekicks. It does not reach the high-end of Disney, but it's one of the better knock-offs from the early 90s.
October 10, 2009
I like this movie because there is a cool song that i really like and the song is called Far longer than forever.
½ March 12, 2009
a great twist to the classic the swan lake with wonderful songs and characters that add the comic relief.
June 10, 2008
I haven't seen it in a long time

I haven't seen it in along time

I don't even remember seening it
October 6, 2007
Good for all ages (who like love stories). Some funny moments! Good characters! I watch repeatedly and never tire of it.
August 3, 2007
I know it's a little old, but it's a really good movie and story. It's the movie that got me into romantic movies.
August 2, 2007
The story and the songs delighted me when I was young and even now when I'm older,it still hasn't lost its magic.
May 17, 2007
I love this movie! Its so cute! Its one of my favorites. The characters are great. Everyone should see this! Its the best.
½ July 9, 2007
I don't know why, but I've always liked this movie, and would like to watch it again for old times sake
½ June 10, 2007
aww i remember this, i loved it when i was little, man i have to watch it again - the only thing i remember is that one song - far longer than forever - made me cry like a ton.
June 8, 2007
i'm such a sappy kid at heart I shall always love this movie *sniffles* nevermind that i practically can quote it from start to finish lol, i didn't care much for the sequels but of course this first one was best. Love the songs too.