Tad, The Lost Explorer Reviews

September 22, 2014
There's some great visuals and animation is sometimes (but not always) great. But despites strong action sequences, "Tad" is boring most of the time, due to inconstency dialogues and a lack of humor.
½ October 27, 2013
Good animated movie, well done and enjoyable explorer story. I can for see a second part to this one.
March 9, 2014
The animation in this movie has always been one of my favorites. This type of animation is also seen in Pirates! Band of Misfits and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Tad, the Lost Explorer works as a surprisingly good satire of primarily Indiana Jones but also Tarzan and Star Wars. I was very surprised at how clever this movie was and I think this shouldn't be overlooked
June 25, 2013
It has a good animation, but the story is predictable, the dialogues are terrible and the soundtrack is unoriginal and horrible. It's as stupid as Hoodwinked.
April 8, 2013
>dialouge is outright terrible, many of the voices feel mismatched
>characters are forgettable
>the plot is standard fare and forgettable
>animation and art direction are very good, especially for a low budget animation movie
>the nods to Lucasfilm were gratifying
>ending was a bit out of place
>The action is fast, and so many different things are packed into one movie

If there's one thing I can say its that this movie tried really hard.
½ January 28, 2013
Tad, The Lost Explorer (Las aventuras de Tadeo Jones). An Spanish animation adventure film. The movie reminded me of Oscar-winning animation film Up. Tad is a brick-layer, he is fond of archeology and avid fan of media-sensationalized handsome young explorer 'Max' - one day he gets the chance to be part of an exhilarating adventure that involves his favorite 'Max' and some goons.

It almost felt like this was a thrust upon audience by filmmakers. Few characters are worth watching here, and some were totally irritating. If this film was to be evaluated in big-markets, I am sure that some flaws could have been eliminated and we might have a pure entertainment here. Comedy, well I guess, I recall just two or three scenes worth guffaws.
March 21, 2013
Never knew such a movie exists. But it was nice. A fun movie to watch.
½ March 10, 2013
I think its the magic of animation which makes this movie a pleasant watch without having a strong script but is full of fun and adventures coupled with likeable characters.
½ February 24, 2013