Take the Money and Run Quotes
The top Take the Money and Run quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- The Narrator: Although he does not make the 10 Most Wanted list, he does win Gangster of the Year Award and is asked to speak at many luncheons and universities.
- Virgil Starkwell: Nobody's going to be wearing beige to a bank robbery, it's in poor taste.
- The Narrator: On July 11, Virgil and Louise marry. It is a simple ceremony following what he later described as a deeply moving blood test.
- Virgil Starkwell: All I know is my heart was really pounding and I felt, I felt a funny tingling all over, you know, and I, I don't know, I was either in love or, ah, I had smallpox.
- Virgil Starkwell: And he said, "Well, do I think that sex is dirty", and I , I said, "It is if you're doing it right."
- Virgil Starkwell: When she asked me some questions about Mozart, she got suspicious 'cause, ah, for a minute, ya know, I couldn't place the name.
- Virgil Starkwell: And here I'm lying through my teeth, I mean I, I can't tell Louise that I was in jail and that I rob and steal and never did an honest day's work in my life 'cause, you know, a lot of people hold those things against you.
- Father Starkwell: A no good atheist is what he was, that's what he was. I used to hit him and try to teach him about God but would he listen? No.
- Father Starkwell: He was an atheist. I, I tried to beat God into him but it was, it was too tough.
- Virgil Starkwell: I never met such a pretty girl, and I guess I'm just sensitive because real--- real beauty makes me want to gag.‐ Submitted by monsieur r (4 years ago)