RT on DVD: Taken Exclusive; Underworld 3, Trek Blu-ray Set!

Plus, '90sTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a Donnie Darko prequel, and more invade shelves.

Galaxy Quest: Deluxe Edition -- 90%

By Grabthar's hammer, Galaxy Quest hits shelves this week in a Deluxe Edition! The re-issue arrives just in time to remind Trekkies just how lovingly the parody addressed the nature of Star Trek fandom. Tim Allen plays the Shatner-esque Jason Nesmith, a washed-up actor still basking in the glow of his popular star vehicle, Galaxy Quest, when a band of dorky real aliens (led by the awesomely rubber-faced Enrico Colantoni) enlist him to save their planet. Pick up the Deluxe Edition for great extras, like Sigourney Weaver's backstage rap (featuring Sam Rockwell on the beat box) and a Thermian audio track. And remember: Never give up, never surrender!

Next: Ashton Kutcher nabs a cougar in Personal Effects

Comments

Chris B.

Chris Bellew

yayyy i finally get to see taken cuz i never got to see it in theaters. underworld looks pretty good but other than that i could really care less. a sequel to donnie darko? are you serious?

May 11 - 05:41 PM

inactive user

Jared King

I'll definately pick up "Galaxy Quest"! Hilarious film.

May 11 - 06:06 PM

RamALamADingDong

That Guy

I love Galaxy Quest, it's the perfect Star Trek movie, but the special features don't sound all that different than the version I have.

If I didn't have all the Star Trek original crew movies, and if I wanted and/or had the money for Blu-Ray, I'd consider the new set. But I like my 12 disc set with all the bells and whistles it already has.

May 11 - 06:09 PM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

I have a weakness for Jena Malone. . . so . . . I'll eventually get "Lying."

I looked at what I'm getting from our friends at Netflix. 3 films listed here, and another called "Passengers"

Summary from Netflix below:

"When therapist Claire Summers (Anne Hathaway) starts working with the surviving passengers of a plane crash, she discovers that their account of the tragedy differs significantly from the airline's official, sanitized version. As she digs for the truth, the survivors suddenly begin to vanish, and Claire finds herself swept into a dark world of intrigue and conspiracy. Patrick Wilson, Andre Braugher and Dianne Wiest also star this eerie thriller. "

May 11 - 06:31 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

I LOVE Galaxy Quest, such a good comedy! Sam Rockwell is the best in that! I gotta pick that up. I rent Taken, kind of fun, and I'm interested in seeing the unrated cut. I'll avoid Underworld because I didn't like the first two movies.

May 11 - 08:51 PM

ColinTheCimmerian

Colin Hay

Wow, Turtles was on for 7( ?) seasons? That's impressive for a kid's cartoon. I'm tempted to acquire those sets some day, but I doubt the show will have the same appeal to me now as it did 20 years ago. Some cartoons are good enough that I can still enjoy them now, but most are not.

Underworld was ok; it was something different from the first two and had some excellent production values; it looked really cool. Story was pretty non-existent though. Didn't help that we already knew essentially how it ends.

Taken was great, I'll definitely want to acquire it, but I suspect there'll be a director's cut coming in a few months, since there were apparently cuts made to the European cut for the North American release. I think I'll wait for that.

Galaxy Quest is a lot of fun; the whole cast does a wonderful job. And I love Sigourney as a blonde.

May 11 - 08:52 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Also nobody buy that Star Trek set, I don't think it's even remastered and it doesn't feature Director's Cuts. I'll wait for the next inevitable double dip.

May 11 - 08:53 PM

inactive user

Jared King

I don't want the director's cut. I want the original theatrical version. I still won't get it, becuase I own all the "good" Star Trek's already.

May 11 - 09:22 PM

inactive user

Jared King

May 11 - 09:22 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

yeah im not buying 6 bluray star trek movies when i only want 2 of them. I thought i read somewhere they were remastered. I could be wrong however.

May 11 - 10:20 PM

manwithoutfear19

Daniel Raimondi

TMNT i thought it lasted at least 9 years!

May 12 - 06:02 AM

Funkmaster Flex

Phillip Martin

I beleive they are remastered. Paramount used that as an excuse to why they didn't include Director's Cuts, especially of TMP. They said the effects and extra sceens couldn't be remastered so they only gave the theatrical versions.

May 12 - 06:36 AM

frogleg

Josh Quarles

I'm interested in the Darko sequel. Skeptical, but interested.

May 12 - 09:04 AM

cypress550

jeremy burnside

ill definately get galaxy quest and ill probably rent taken. i might get tmnt later on.

May 12 - 09:04 AM

Dave J

Dave J

marketing ploy

May 12 - 12:07 PM

Zaraki

Rick V

The Grudge 3? you have to be joking, the last one was bad enough but jesus... Sorry but chicks with white make-up on =/= scary...or little boys that meow. I bet Michael Jackson loves that part.

Taken looks great, going to need to give that a shot.

May 12 - 11:38 PM

inactive user

Jared King

LOL!...It's funny because it's true.

May 13 - 09:26 AM

inactive user

Jared King

LOL!...It's funny because it's true.

May 13 - 09:26 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup