Taken Reviews

January 25, 2013
another review I hav 2 redo
½ April 26, 2015
One of the most fun action movies i have ever seen giving us one of Liam Neeson's most memorable quotes.
½ April 26, 2015
Great 90-minute action thriller.
½ April 25, 2015
Trilling with tons of action. The adventure of the overall film leaves you gripping at the edge of your seat. However, the action only seems to be the film's strong suit.
½ April 23, 2015
I really loved this movie. It has great action parts and you could really feel the love of a father for his daughter. In all three movies Liam Neeson is a fantastic actor. He really shows his set off skills each move and they seem to get better and better each movie. Taken was the best out of all three of them because he was confident. He wasn't letting nothing get in his way. He stood his ground and got back what he wanted.
April 20, 2015
Neeson is watchable it's just the way Luc Besson writes scripts as if he just makes the same movie. Especially the god awful actress Maggie Grace (who cannot act), in this movie she is damsel in to stress, it's like watching Megan Fox in the last transformer movies expect Neeson is there to save her. And why is the good dad saving the dumb daughter?
December 9, 2011
This movie exposes the horrible human trafficking scene around the world (something we need to be reminded about) and also makes us barrack for a dad who's trying to save her daughter from cruel men who despicably say, "It's not personal. It's just business." Go Liam! It's unfortunate that he doesn't ever show any compassion to those who have harmed his daughter.
½ April 10, 2015
I cant help it, I love Liam!
April 8, 2015
Having an action movie with Liam Neeson adds the thrill with well performed quotes and action scenes that takes moviegoers hyped along the way even though the plot isn't that interesting.
June 24, 2014
I liked the suspenseful, thrilling aspect of the Taken. The plot is average. The acting may not be the greatest, but Liam Neesons one liner is awesome.
½ March 26, 2014
Liam Neeson stars in a movie that deserves all the praise and love its been getting. Taken is a brilliant, masterful and thoroughly gripping action movie, that supports great direction, set pieces and performances, and its clear why this was a breakout role for Liam Neeson, as he gives his first and best performance as the bad ass Dad who could beat you up with his pinky. You feel for the character and you want Bryan Mills to succeed in his mission, and Taken absolutely achieves what it set out to and then some. Check out Taken if you get the chance, you won't be sorry you did!

9/10
January 28, 2015
I really enjoyed "Taken" even though I'm not an action fan. The reason is simple: The movie doesn't make a big deal out of the fact that Liam Neesons character is unkillable and a complete badass motherfucker. Also the action is right in face for two reasons: Firstly the cuts are not like in the most recent action movies, that means its most of the time not cut right on the impact. You know, first shot the punch, cut right before the face, second shot the impact. Taken doesn't abuse that cheap trick and the punches feel real. Secondly the sound is perfect. A realistic sound adds to realistic atmosphere.
So I don't think "Taken" is your average action movie like the tomatometer says.
And you should obviously not expect a deep story. Turn off your brain and enjoy.
½ March 19, 2015
Taken has a history a little poor, but gives us good action scenes that we will remain etched in the mind by its good cinematography, plus liam neeson gives an unexpected strong performance in an action movie, and that helps a lot. 7/10
March 28, 2015
It's quite easy to say that the plot and its twists are downright implausible, some sequences even go to borderline ridiculous. But it's also quite hard to say that the film is not entertaining because it definitely is. So pick your poison. I'd go for the latter.
March 11, 2015
Great actions movies have simple plot lines, a very identifiable problem, a villain that's easy to hate, and the odds stacked against the hero. Taken has all that.

It goes to show how a good, but under-the-radar-movie can succeed with an effective marketing campaign.
March 11, 2015
"when I say I don't worry about content, it is the same as a painter worrying about whether the apples that he's painting are sweet or sour. Who cares? It's his style, his manner of painting them, that's where the emotion comes from." - Alfred Hitchcock. All I hear from the Taken reviews are that it is a blast to watch but it lacks sense in its story. What does that matter in this sort of film? If anything, it's more realistic than what most people want to admit. There are parents who are very over protective and serious, that are divorced and there are kidnappings. Why can't they all be connected in a story? It's like Hitchcock says, it's the style in which it's told, which is very, very entertaining. This is a realistic story told in the exact way it was meant to. No one downgrades inception because the concept of dreams within a dream makes no sense, it is in fact rewarded for its creativity. So why is Taken downgraded on its context ? I think critics ought to critique how they criticize movies, because sometimes it just doesn't make sense.
March 8, 2015
This film will go down in history as one of the most epic films in a trllogy, it provides a new world fear with an ordinary, while still extraordinary hero. The writing was masterful to say the least and in a time of movies like Hostel, this film really represents the fear of human trafficking much better then any predecessor. Liam Neeson at his finest.
½ February 27, 2015
Liam Neeson is the answer to the 21st Century Charles Bronson! This movie kept it going and did not disappoint!
February 22, 2015
Such a smooth action movie, what more do you want; why everything has too be difficult to understand to be good?! it's all the same to smart people
½ February 20, 2009
No one should ever hate this movie... it's that good!