Taken - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taken Reviews

May 23, 2009
Thrilling action movie; once it gets started, it never lets up. Scores real points for never wasting time and keeping the hits coming. Liam Neeson owns in the lead role.
August 30, 2015
My favorite Liam Neeson movie of all. The best story, acting and actors
December 26, 2015
Neeson carries a story which devolves into endless punches which serve to make the protagonist seem invincible, obliterating the chance for tension from the final act.
½ March 26, 2009
I like Liam. He can play good or bad. Plus that accent helps. I'm also interested in some of the issues raised in the film.
½ December 22, 2015
Liam Neeson plays a badass who must save his daughter. A simple but very effective plot. This film started the trend of Liam Neeson being an action hero and I can tell you one thing if I got a phone call from him I would shitting it. The acting was superb especially Liam. Neeson who was able to show both his dramatic chops but also his action chops. The movie has great action scenes which leave you on the edge of your seat. I give this film 9/10
August 19, 2015
Taken will make you sit on the edge of your seat and entertain the hell out of you.
December 19, 2015
As far as thriller's go, this may arguably be the best crafted one ever. Liam Neeson is in top form. A memorable role and film!
April 1, 2009
This looks really good.
August 11, 2012
Fast-paced, ruthless, and entertaining, but highly unlikely and not well acted.
½ December 9, 2015
Trilling with tons of action. The adventure of the overall film leaves you gripping at the edge of your seat. However, the action only seems to be the film's strong suit.
December 8, 2015
A decent popcorn flick that keeps you entertained but is nothing overly special.
February 10, 2009
really enjoyable action film - great storyline, one of Liam Neeson's best films to date
½ November 30, 2015
One of the best action films so far this century.
½ November 29, 2015
Duas jovens americanas são sequestradas por vagabundos da albania para serem drogadas e se prostituírem, porém o pai de uma delas é uma mega malaco do serviço secreto e vai matar todo mundo e salvar sua filha... quanto a outra garota ele até a encontra, mas deixa ela no local e nada mais é falado sobre ela!
½ February 23, 2009
Quite a gripping little thriller. The action is exciting and frequent... and the steps TAKEN feel smart and keep you on the edge of your seat.
November 26, 2015
* Liam Neeson gives a superb leading performance. Certified Bad Ass!
* All the action sequences were brilliantly coreographed. This felt like one of the purest action films I've seen in a long time!
* The pacing of the film is excellent. The run time flies by due to the non stop action on show!
½ November 16, 2015
"Taken" is a very fun crime/action movie. "Taken" has good acting mostly from "Liam Neeson" and "Famke Janssen". "Taken" has a okay plot and I'm saying okay because some characters e.g. "Maggie Grace" are a slightly annoying. And the antagonist is unknown. Because it's a bit unclear who the antagonist is. Action scenes are quite enjoyable in this movie. I'd recommend watching "Taken" because it's a fun action movie and I give it a 7/10.
November 13, 2015
BEST. MOVIE. EVER. Actually, if Nikki Cage were in it, it would be the best movie ever made. So its a close second but a darn good one.
October 30, 2015
The very definition of an ok thriller and a 50/50 rate of a movie being good and horrible at the same time, it really doesn't present anything new or create a great action thriller that is worth watching again and again but Liam Nesson is the only great thing about the film only the movie never really circles around his character and the interesting elements of what he does and how he kills and brings terror to the story, "Thumbs Down" its not that great of a film.
½ October 28, 2015
Taken 1-2-3 all great, prob the first series where the next is as good as the first. Go Liam you are my hero