RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Taken 2, The Possession, and More

Summary

This week on home video, we start with an action sequel and a mediocre supernatural thriller. Then, Woody Allen visits another European city, and a couple of solid actresses try to make a point about education reform. Then we've got an inspirational documentary about a scrappy ball team, as well as another about an iconic American city. Click through for the full list! Back to Article

Comments

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Stop rubbernecking! Nothing to see here.

Down to what matters - "Tin Drum" is a fine, but disturbing film. Definitely worth watching, but be warned if you buy it, you may be hesitant to revisit it. "Sleeper" is one of my favorite Woody Allens, and the 1934 "Man Who Knew Too Much" is my favorite Hitchcock from his British years. Great performance from Peter Lorre.

Jan 14 - 04:58 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Interesting you chose MWKTM as Hitchcock's best from his British years: I've always held THE 39 STEPS in the highest regard. Still can't get over the scene where Madeliene Carroll takes off her stockings while handcuffed to Donat, LOL.

Jan 14 - 05:22 PM

Dave J

I agree, "The 39 Steps" is probably what solidified Hitchcocks name on the map! I just saw that film with the 'close captioning' and it's even more effective since it doesn't sound muffled!

Jan 14 - 05:49 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Nah. I still prefer "Man". I even think "Lady Vanishes" gives "39 Steps" a run for its money. Obviously all three are worth watching.

Jan 14 - 06:09 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Shadow of a Doubt for me. Its simplistic in its intricacies.

Jan 14 - 10:20 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

I agree "The Man Who Knew Too Much" is one of his very best.

Jan 15 - 12:50 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Ooh, it's a Woody Allen day! TO ROME WITH LOVE is the only one on this list I intend to rent; loved TAKEN, but I shall pass on the follow-up unless it shows up on Netflix. Good Criterions, too. Oh, and for those that are unaware, HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY is now known as the film that beat CITIZEN KANE at the Oscars, but it's actually pretty good.

Best film in this list is SLEEPER, however, love the Jazz score, the wacky premise (health food nebbish is frozen and awakes 300 or some odd years in the future and must fight a totalitarian dictator kept alive by his nose). So many great lines, and love the Orgazmatron and the Silver Ball that sexual arouses people.

Jan 14 - 05:00 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

I was one of the few who liked "Taken 2" over the original. Not that it isn't a very dumb film. "To Rome with Love" was average, but worth viewing.

Jan 15 - 11:09 AM

Kriftonucci

Jim Ylonen

The first Taken wasn't even that good. But hey, given his choices, Neeson is slowly beginning to follow the Nic Cage formula when it comes to films.

Btw, is it me or did Christoph Waltz turn into Woody Allen whenst accepting his Globe yesterday?

Jan 14 - 05:13 PM

Jan 14 - 05:49 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Jan 14 - 06:09 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Shadow of a Doubt for me. Its simplistic in its intricacies.

Jan 14 - 10:20 PM

Jan 14 - 05:49 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Jan 14 - 06:09 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Shadow of a Doubt for me. Its simplistic in its intricacies.

Jan 14 - 10:20 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Jan 14 - 06:09 PM

Jon Cox

Jon Cox

bad week this week for home releases
nothing I want to see

Jan 14 - 09:03 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Taken 2 is a terrible film. I actually liked the idea of Neeson suffering repercussions following the first film but they couldn't do anything with it. "Hey hot daughter of mine in a foreign city! Can you run around some rooftops and set off grenades to find me? Thanks a bunch!" Idiotic.

Detropia is a good one, however. I've visited the city since I was a kid and man what a difference a couple of decades makes. Its so sad to see my Redwings home turf decay like it has. People should definitely check it out and think of how they would feel if it happened to their home.

Jan 14 - 09:17 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Actually, I've read the whole grenade thing is a plausible tactic. Nonetheless, I agree the second 'Taken' is very stupid.

Jan 15 - 11:10 AM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

I guess anything is plausible. But in this case I'm not buying it.

Jan 15 - 12:36 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

It was so stupid how she would launch grenades and destroy rooftops. Also very annoying. You think you can go to Turkey and start launching grenades? LOL

Jan 15 - 12:37 PM

Dave J

I remember their was a time when the Bronx was the worst area to live in New York City- now it's one of the safest places! All I can say about that is every city has a bad rural area no one really cares about including Rio de Janiero and Mexico!

Jan 15 - 12:45 PM

Dave J

And their is such thing as minor explosions if it's not grenades the producers would've used something else!

Jan 15 - 12:47 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Ewww.

Jan 14 - 10:12 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

LMAO, awesome response!

Jan 14 - 10:38 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Shadow of a Doubt for me. Its simplistic in its intricacies.

Jan 14 - 10:20 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

LMAO, awesome response!

Jan 14 - 10:38 PM

Gene Bodyl

Gene Bodyl

This week is really not a good week when it comes to home releases. The only film that looks remotely interesting is Taken 2. I really enjoyed the first film. Despite the bad reviews, I will probably check out the sequel. The other films here belongs in the five dollar bin at walmart.

Jan 15 - 09:59 AM

nate2709

Nate 2709

Getting Sleeper and Farewell My Queen on blu, nice light week.

Jan 15 - 10:03 AM

Jan 15 - 05:33 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Jan 15 - 11:10 AM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

I guess anything is plausible. But in this case I'm not buying it.

Jan 15 - 12:36 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Jan 15 - 12:37 PM

Jan 15 - 12:45 PM

Jan 15 - 12:47 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

I guess anything is plausible. But in this case I'm not buying it.

Jan 15 - 12:36 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships