Taken 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taken 2 Reviews

½ February 5, 2016
Weak plot, underutilized villain and poorly edited fight scenes. Taken 2 is an unnecessary sequel to a perfectly fine movie. Though it does have some thrilling sequences and another exceptional performance by Liam Neeson.
January 24, 2016
I really liked this movie...should probably watch the first one now :p
May 2, 2015
How come this has a low tomato meter,
Sometimes i like total shit, and Most of the time i like good movies.
This is one of the shitty movies i enjoy watching.
I Suppose the story and how it is made was superb.

My Score Opinion: 78/100
½ August 11, 2012
Taken 2 is a tired, lifeless retread of the original, that features an uninspired turn from Liam Niesson, a ludicrous plot and pretty terrible dialogue. The film has no guts or brain, we know from the beginning that Niesson and his family will survive. It is predictable and therefore has to find other ways to entertain us. It doesn't. It tries to play on emotion, but it has little to draw from. The characters are paper thin and Niesson is indestructible. There's nothing human to connect to. One of the worst offenses of the film is the editing. It mistakes rapid fire editing for good action and most of the chase scenes are incomprehensible montage of jolts and jabs and crashes. It can't hold a single shot for more than a second or two. A very frustrating experience.
December 26, 2015
With the same failings as the original and nothing much to add, Tak2n does little to justify it's existence.
August 19, 2015
Taken 2 is extremely stupid. The grenade scene is painful, and the shaky cam doesn't help for the action sequences.
½ May 9, 2012
The absolute perfect action movie and perfect sequel.
November 20, 2015
Absolute unmitigated tripe. My partner and I walked out. Nothing else to say!
November 6, 2015
It isn't that the movie is bad so much as it is completely unnecessary. Taken (part 1) was so-so at best, though a bit of a sleeper hit and it was refreshing to see Neeson in such an action-heavy role. But now it seems to be his calling card and this sequel was just another instalment in the Neeson Renaissance as an action star. The plot is very straight-forward: someone gets kidnapped and someone tries to save them. The motive is clear: revenge. No silly money or power struggles, no twists involving betraying best friends, just a straight-up search and rescue. But...why? Oh, never mind: I suppose there was a money angle after all. Unless you REALLY enjoyed the first one, there's really no reason to watch this one.
October 4, 2012
Taken 2 has enough action scenes, gunshots, and gritty violence to please the audeince and Liam Neeson kicks plenty of ass, unfortunately plot wise we've all seen this before, it's not one of the worst sequels ever made but it's basically a repeat of Taken with less thrills and fun, unfortunately everything that made the first Taken a hit got "Taken" in this movie!
½ October 21, 2015
The best thing you can say about this piece of shit is that he kills a lot of smokers.
August 4, 2014
I loved the first taken film but I really did not like this film very much. The villain is awful and the action scenes r so shite. I hope 2 never see this stupid sequal again. Shame on u olivier megaton
½ October 17, 2015
It Was A Good Film And It Had Its Moments
½ October 12, 2015
This was a great sequel to the first one. It's basically the same story as the first one just the characters switch places. It still is a great movie and all but it takes some time for the story to get going. The first one is better but this one is a pretty close second.
½ October 10, 2015
Car chases, limited script and oh so predictable - but its Liam Neeson!
September 16, 2015
In the first Taken, Liam Neeson's Bryan Mills character kills a bunch of guys running a sex slave-kidnapping ring who took his daughter. Kidnapping the daughter of a highly-trained ex-CIA agent was not a good move. Nevertheless, in this second outing, family members of the guys Bryan killed in the first movie track him down and decide to take their revenge. Conveniently, Bryan is vacationing in Istanbul with his daughter and ex-wife, who become pawns in the bad guys' plan.

It's pretty much the same formula as the first one: Neeson's character is a one-man killing machine who will not stop until his family is safe. Despite the formula, the film does maintain a nice sense of suspense. You know how it will end, but you don't quite know how it will get there.

One interesting thing I noticed: Neeson is a big man and lumbers across the frame like a bear. The editing skillfully makes him look much faster and more agile than I think he really is.
½ August 22, 2015
Ehhhh. What a disappointment...actually no I knew it would suck. This movie is the 99 cent version of it's predecessor. The actors could not care less that they are in this movie, and the writing is bad as well. The action sequences directed by Olivier Megaton are atrocious and extremely hard to watch. Also, Maggie Grace throws grenades into a populated town. Yeah. The overall movie made me feel bland the entire time, and felt like a cash-grab. This is the most unnecessary action sequel ever, and somehow it got a third movie. Woo. 2.5/10
½ February 9, 2014
Another PERFECT FILM - if you're looking for something to put on the background while you build some Lego.
August 27, 2015
Just terrible this movie has no reason to exist. the writing is lazy the action is just shakey cam and the Dialogue is poor.
also what villan leaves his enemy for half an hour just for him to escape?
August 20, 2015
A Lazy sequel that fails in every level where Taken succeeded. This time the performances are lazy and weak, the plot is nowhere near as intresting as Taken was, the film lacks the thrills and surprises that make Taken a huge hit, the villain and his gang are just as lazy as the rest performances are, the action is lazy again and very cheap. Liam is badass as always but he can't save this lazy sequel !!!