Talento de Barrio Reviews

MANUGINO
April 18, 2011
A young drug dealer falls in love while facing disruption among the men in his gang, and being offered a career as a Reggaetón singer.

Not bad at all. Very proud of this film specially because I'm from Puerto Rico. Parents don't show this movie to your kids, it's pretty violent so you have been warned. Very symbolic because we know who Daddy Yankee is and where he is now, and it showed where he came from. It was a very strong film. It's an emotional story, and it left me admiring him more as an artist. I'm glad he made this film because he is one of the first(and one of the best) Reggaeton stars, and the music would not be the same without him. I'm glad he got out of that lifestyle and brought his talent to light for the world to see because even after all these years, although it hasn't been that long, he is still holding it down. His musical style, beats, and rap represent the lifestyle and you feel that it is coming from deep within his heart and soul that makes him an original that cannot be duplicated.

A misunderstood youth from the streets of Puerto Rico must choose between musical superstardom and underworld notoriety after falling for a beautiful uptown girl whose positive influence causes him to seriously consider giving up a life of crime. Edgar Dinero (Daddy Yankee) was balancing thug life with greater ambitions when he first met the girl of his dreams. In order to prevent the girl from slipping through his fingers, Dinero does his best to prevent her from discovering his true ties to the violent barrio underworld. By day, Dinero slips into the recording studio with dreams of becoming a big reggaeton star, and by night be takes to the streets to defend his turf from the most violent criminals in the city. One day, Dinero realizes he finally has the opportunity to leave his life of crime behind. Will he ever convince the corrupt cops that he's changed his ways, and will his brothers on the street find the courage to forgive him for abandoning them during their darkest hour? Now, as Dinero attempts to choose between perishing as the prince of the underworld or thriving as the king of reggaeton, he must open his ears to the beat of the barrio in order to discover his true fate.
February 15, 2013
I woke up to the reality of Puerto Rico and the underground economy After watching this movie. This, in so many ways, it is not fiction. A sad reality that a lot of marginated kids see this as inspirational.
½ January 20, 2013
The story is not that bad at all but the acting horrible. Also this only shows the dark side of Puerto Rico.
July 2, 2012
This movie as bad as bad Action script as well, or Ed Wood would make a mess as big as this, disappointing part of a Musician and Actor as Bad Daddy Yankee is not worth the slightest doubt that this film is as shameful as Batman & Robin or King Kong Lives
March 2, 2011
Nor is this so bad, bad acting, bad script and violence carried no purpose but everything is at least entertaining for some people and some intense.
February 24, 2011
" An Embarrassment For Puerto Rico's Cinema".
½ January 8, 2011
Worse thing to ever come out of Puerto Rico sin reggaeton.
September 11, 2010
This movie was bad. I live in Puerto Rico, and I understand the message and can see why all these stupid Puertorican users are giving this good reviews. All this movie did was say "PUERTO RICO SUCKS. IT'S ALL CRIME AND DRUGS HERE.". It tried to have a good message, but it just fell flat as a failed 8-Mile wannabe.
January 4, 2010
As a puertorican, I am truly ashamed of this. People always ask "what's wrong with us Puerto Rico?". Puertorican crtics seemed to have loved this film and feel proud of this. Promoting violence and showing people the dark and rude side of Puerto Rico (don't get me wrong Purto Rico has plenty of good things). Now that is a way to scare tourists away Daddy Yankee. I could not be more upset about any movie other than this one.

Its a big 0
November 14, 2009
DY does it big, the music in this film is amazing. great movie!
Boricua...Ya tu sabes!
October 19, 2009
As a Puertorrican, I'm ashamed of this movie. This is were a lot of stereotypes come from. Please, do NOT watch this... thing. I hate this movie, I hate everything about it. 10% is too much.
September 9, 2009
I think this is cheap and a wanna be gangsta movie.Never try to get this sorry excuse of a movie.
October 9, 2008