Tall Tale: The Unbelievable Adventures of Pecos Bill Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ September 3, 2012
Tall Tale is a terrific film with a great story and a good cast of actors. I grew up watching this film, and it's actually one of the better live action Disney films of the 90's. This is a well made film that definitely is fun for all ages. With an effective script, director Jeremiah Chechnik crafts a wonderful film with a great cast. This film is one of a few films that I enjoyed throughout my childhood. The film brings nostalgia to mind when I think of it. Really well done, and lots of fun from start to finish, the film is a wonderful experience for Disney lovers. The story is very well done, and really original. This is by far one of the best live action films that Disney has put out as others such as Jungle 2 Jungle was a horrible, poorly written and directed affair. However this film succeeds at being something special and fun for the entire family. The special effects are well done, and the cast do a fine job in their parts. This along with so many other films such as The Sandlot, Toy Story and Casper were a big part of my childhood. Tall Tale really is a terrific family film worth seeing and is certainly a film that anyone will enjoy. Oliver Platt here steals the show, and his performance was what made the film very enjoyable. Definitely a terrific live action Disney flick, and one of their better titles of the 1990's Lots of fun from start to finish, Tall Tale is wonderful entertainment definitely worth watching.
July 15, 2007
A decent lie action movie with Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyan and others. I like those American Tall Tales.
SC007
January 7, 2012
I missed this film when it originally came out. I finally saw it on Cable and was pleasantly surprised by it. I liked it. Nick Stahl must have done this film right after the Man Without A Face. Stahl is great as the lead. Patrick Swayze also shines as Pecos Bill. Stephen Lang and Scott Glenn provide solid supporting work here. It was cool seeing Jared Harris and William H. Macy in this film, before they became famous. I definitely recommend this film.
March 6, 2012
I didnt like this movie at first, but it has grown on me. It is a great kids movie. And patrick swayze is amazing.
September 5, 2010
I loved this movie when i was a kid and now that I have seen it again I still enjoy this adventure movie
October 25, 2009
I fegot about this movie it was one of my fav back in the day! They did 2 good when they made this! Now Im going to have to buy this one 2!
June 4, 2009
Pretty cute family film with an interesting cast of characters. and some less familiar or at least kewl tall tales.
January 1, 2009
If you grew up on those Wonderful World of Disney adventure films then this is the movie for you. If not, go seek them out, then watch this to apperciate where its coming from. More fun and easier going than some of the G fare of today.
April 28, 2008
This was actually pretty tight for a kid's movie. lt kinda scared me when l was little. Oliver Platt is the man.
March 12, 2008
i havent seen this movie in for ever. it is another movie that i used to watch all the time when i was little. i love the horse. widow maker
November 12, 2007
This one I like cause they say that legons are not true, but what if they are and with pecos bill, I always wanted to chase twisters and to see old cowboy roping one and riding it, makes you think, what if?
½ October 6, 2007
I remember this movie from when I was a kid. I remember being disappointed in John Henry's character, but loving the story....and the shooting off of perople's trigger fingers.
August 2, 2007
½ December 20, 2006
I liked this movie as a kid but I really want to watch it again. I was too j=oung to pay attention really.
April 25, 2015
Ambitious but poorly executed fairy tale that while not terrible isn't very good either.
½ May 30, 2014
I only saw this movie once as a kid and I have no interest in revisiting it.
June 10, 2013
Something maybe to watch once.
May 3, 2013
Despite lavish cinematography, some decent action and three American legends (Pecos Bill, John Henry and Paul Bunion) are brought to life terrifically by their performers (including the late great Swayze), Chechik's Wizard of Oz-esque Western ultimately lacks substance, with a flat and dull lead, both character & actor-wise, no exploration of its 'Old vs New World' theme and thus, coming off as narrow-minded and overly-simple, even by Disney standards, and a cop-out Deus Ex-Machina third act that throws out all the established rules and as a result, defeats whatever character arc or responsibility the protagonist had for the sake of simple spectacle.
March 31, 2013
As a kid this movie captivated and enchanted me with the excellent fantasy and story. Still one of my all time favorite Disney films
October 29, 2012
One of the earliest movies i remember watching. its a great tale!