Tangled Reviews

½ October 2, 2015
Wow. I was very surprised. Honestly I wasn't expecting much, and knew nothing more about the fairy tale of Rapunzel other than it's a girl in a castle with really long hair and someone says "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair". But this turned out to be something of a masterpiece. The visuals were stunning, the animation was wonderful, the characters were interesting and likable, and the story was something even adults would enjoy. This movie really did Disney proud. Not something deep or thought-provoking, just fun and wonderful. Excellent.
September 18, 2015
Continuing with the Disney theme for today, I decided to give Tangled a whirl - and I'm glad I did. Sweet, fun and funny - one of the few Disney movies I remember laughing out loud for at parts.

I found the music, overall, uninspired, though, with the exception of 'I've Got a Dream'. That was classic all around. I love the Cupid guy. And the animal sidekicks were, as usual, a highlight.

I liked that they gave some explanation for why Mother Gothel kept Rapunzel locked up and away from the world, and also a reason for never cutting the hair.
September 13, 2015
I loved the music in this movie, it's like 10x better than the music in Frozen. Unfortunately they didn't seem to have any one stand out song which I think is why this movie is more overlooked than Frozen was. However, a cute story with cute characters and a nice simple plot about how when you focus on the smaller accomplishments in life, they will eventually pay off in bigger rewards. For CGI they did a great job of making it look beautiful, though I wish it had just been animated in the style of the end credits.
July 19, 2013
Another great movie from Disney. Animation was great and songs were good. Pretty enjoyable for a family movie.
February 12, 2012
1st Disney movie to not totally suck probably since Tarzan and Emperor's New Groove
September 1, 2015
Super movie and super 3d
½ August 31, 2015
Not bad, but feels too contemporary
October 7, 2012
Like most people, I went into this movie expecting a generic princess movie. Turns out it was one of Disney's best since the Lion King. With unexpected twists and quirky, perfectly timed humor, Tangled stands tall in the line of Disney's successes.
August 18, 2015
I'm not that into musicals, but Tangled changed the game.
½ August 10, 2015
A recent DVD viewing, on top of numerous other viewings including one time in the theaters during the original run.

Rating: Fantastic

I adore this movie completely as I do with many Disney movies, and a prime example of how they continue to make great contributions to animation aside from Pixar. Let's dive right into the long list of positives for this film.

The characters are the strongest aspect, especially the leads of Flynn Rider and Rapunzel, voiced by Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore respectively. Admittedly Levi's Rider steals the show, but that should not demean Moore's performance by any means. Rider just pulls off a natural charm that captivates the audience, and his smolder is apparent throughout. His humor is the biggest draw of the character, and most times he quips flawlessly. My favorite line to show an overall view of Rider is when he is fighting the sword-wielding horse Maximus with a frying pan and says "You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"

Moving onto Punzie she is definitely a well rounded dynamic character. Her transition from a sheltered scared girl into a relentless woman is perfect, and representative of a more progressive Disney. Her tenacity makes you cheer throughout the movie for her to be victorious in her initially simple goal.

The action is engaging, particularly the scene in the gorge. The pace of being chased always keeps a sense of urgency. The villains are frightening and unpredictable, especially Mother Grothel. She is downright creepy and conniving, and when her plan is playing out you feel her strength. This leads right into the heart-wrenching finale bringing together a wonderful experience.

Nit picking the film leaves with only one complaint that some parts feel simplistic. Yes this is a Disney movie but some moments of over the top fantasy detract from the other stronger points in the film.

Also the scene with the King crying before setting out a lantern on the lost princess's birthday gets me every time, every time!
August 2, 2015
Superb Disney Movie 10 out of 10
August 6, 2015
the only thing i didn't like was her hairstyle at the end. like hello??? that's permanent! apart from that this is definitely one of my favourite princess movies ever. it has heart, humour and great songs. i watch it all the time to refresh my memory of it
July 24, 2015
i thought it was a pretty good movie on rapunzel
½ July 7, 2015
The kingdom's most notorious; yet charming, bandit Flynn Rider (Zachary Levi) gets more than he bargained when, on-the-run again after stealing the crown jewels, he scales a mysterious tower looking for a hideout only to be taken hostage.

His beautiful; yet quirky captor Princess Rapunzel is a feisty tower-bound teen with 70 feet of magical, golden hair. Looking to venture out into the world and finally be part of the festival of lights she has longed for, she strikes a deal with the handsome thief.

She will return his satchel of contraband if he will help her to embrace the outside world. The unlikely duo set off on an action packed escapade discovering there is more than just what they can give back to each other.

Bringing to life to yet another classic tale but with a distinctively modern twist, Walt Disney Pictures presents Tangled; an adventure full of heart, humour and lots of hair.

Complete with a talking super-cop horse, an over-protective chameleon and a gruff gang of pub thugs, Tangled is sure to keep your little ones entertained this holiday season.

Published: The Queanbeyan Age
Date of Publication: 19/12/2010
½ July 6, 2015
7 songs in this movie

I did like the lizard and the horse though
½ June 22, 2015
I did not like Rapunzel, nor the horse. Phoebus' horse in The Hunchabck of Notre Dame was funnier.
June 15, 2015
Nice enough .. fairly boring & typical.
June 1, 2015
Very good. Only problems I had with it is some strange logic, and the slightly tiring "mother knows best" thing.
June 1, 2015
The only newer princess movie that I really enjoyed. I loved the story, the animation. And how the romance progressed throughout the movie. The characters were so beautiful. The colors, and the scenery were absolutely amazing. I loved it. :D
½ August 8, 2014
Overall a fairly average Disney movie. What sets it apart are the characters of Repunzel and Maximus the horse, and the quality of animation Glen Keane was able to bring to it.