Tapioca - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tapioca Reviews

½ April 18, 2009
This very cool little movie stars Ben Vereen and some of the best actors ever to come out of Second City, including Tim Kazurinsky, Greg Hollimon, and David Pasquesi. For those of us looking into the abyss of this financial crisis this film gets down to what it's really all about. It's funny, quirky, and lays out a great message of social justice. You will love it! The musical score is way cool too!
½ November 11, 2010
The hard luck story of a man bound for hell. One day, when god felt pity on this rotten soul, he sent st peter to save this lost soul. We watch this ugly, proud man become happy and humble, and glad for the chance to live in a community that loves him because he can make people genuinely happy. There is some cussing in this picture, but not too much and adds to the impact of the dialogue, which is somewhat sublime. Chicago at its best (which is saying alot, I hate FIPs). I saw this picture on 11/10/10 at home, being picked up at the local library. Go buy a copy for your collection, its worth watching twice. Watch it when you are feeling down, it will give you a lift. All my best to those who made this little gem. Now, back to the mines!
July 14, 2009
This very cool little indie movie is hilarious, starring Ben Vereen and some of Chicago's funniest performers from Second City. The score by Ryan Cohan is way cool too. Check it out, a comic tale of redemption!