Tart

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Tart Reviews

Mike N.
March 6, 2014
I hate being negative, but this just was not good.
January 10, 2013
Yet another story of an insecure teenager dealing with wealthy adolescents and their after school life style. Predictable, endless coke parties and unrealistic scenarios.
January 2, 2013
Dominique Swain is in this movie
hunterjt13
hunterjt13

May 26, 2012
An Upper East Side high school girl falls in with the wrong crowd.
Tart is an uninspired mess. First, in terms of character construction, there is a lot of mention of these characters' age, but they act like grown-ups, complete with the suit jackets and sipping on whiskey -- they're not just grown-ups; they're cliched grown-ups. And are they rich? They act like it, mentioning their parents as magnates of big businesses, but Cat's argument about the money for the dance and their surroundings are decidedly lower class at times, a mixture that produces confusion, not complexity.
Second, the dialogue is stilted and delivered like amateur actors are auditioning for community theater.
Finally, the plot is thoroughly predictable until it turns into a Lifetime movie at the very end; the final resolution has almost nothing to do with the rest of the film's conflict.
Overall, this film is without a redeeming element; even Bijou Phillips's beauty can't serve as a refuge from the shit that surrounds her.
consumerman
May 15, 2011
Now I can say I've seen Dominique Swain, Mischa Barton, and Bijou Phillips acting, and in one picture! They are quite talented. Decent story. I also think Lacey Chabert is adorably cute and played her part very well.
jam233
December 13, 2009
Interesting drama of troubled youth, well developed characters and very nicely acted by the cast. The direction is perceptive. Nice score, well edited. Mischa Barton is particularly good. Disturbing and thought provoking.
June 5, 2009
Some of the things that happen in this movie are just rediculous, but at least it was interesting.
divinetrash
divinetrash

December 3, 2008
This is the kind of film that's so lazy, we're supposed to believe Bijou Philips's character is the ultimate rebel just because it's played by Bijou Phillips (and, literally, because she uses some stairs in her school), random friendships are made and broken the quickest ways possible and every character is completely useless to the story (whenever there's an attempt at one).
azdw
November 9, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Zero).

First viewing: 21.06.2002
juicebox07
July 13, 2008
This movie was actually better than I thought it would be. The ending was very sad and shocking.
April 3, 2008
Melancholy, but good. Believable.
vytisn
March 19, 2008
I'm thinking just about one thing - maybe that's why girls have small dogs (like P.Hilton) :)
rhiannonjp27
February 1, 2008
A very odd film, but interesting to watch for the most part.
ninahwynn
November 24, 2007
idoits r mostly the same though
WingsOfaAngeL17
November 3, 2007
crazy..i didnt finish watchin it but it was pretty good
March 27, 2007
I love Brad Renfro and Dominquie Swain together, they are just so perfect when they work together.
Mike T

July 2, 2007
This independent catastrophe falters in every area that we grade films on. Boring, pointless and entirely unnecessary, this one would have been just as well off if it were nonexistent. Stupidly directed, atrociously penned and acted with the simplicity of jr. high drama students.
June 23, 2007
The basic idea is very heavy-handed, but the narrative is handled in a very simple and true way.