Ted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ted Reviews

May 6, 2016
Great Movie... Dont Miss..
September 6, 2014
Ted is a brilliant comedy directed by the creator of Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane. Almost every scene in Ted made me laugh. There are a few bad things about this film such as the jokes sometimes go a bit silly but other than that it is a very funny film and I really enjoyed it. What I really liked about this film is the idea. A talking teddy bear that is funny and he is very funny he tells disgusting but good jokes. Funny film. On the verge of 4 and a half stars. Decent film as is Ted 2.
July 3, 2012
I would have to say one of the best comedies of the summer fore sure. Mark walberg has proven once again he is not just a action movie actor. exceptionally well written with jokes that hit the mark every time
½ April 28, 2016
this movies is funny ive watch this a 100 times
July 3, 2012
Ted was a surprise for me. If you currently are a fan of or were a fan of Family Guy then this humor is reminiscent of that. Perhaps more in line with Family Guy's earlier seasons than it's current form. Like Family Guy, Ted seems much more interested in telling jokes than a story. Which is fine. But I could have used a little more depth. Especially when the movie attempts to be more emotional. It just doesn't work then mainly because the movie is too busy telling its jokes instead of building character. That said, the jokes in there work. They work really well. There's running gags involving cameos that are some of the funniest I've seen in a while. Ultimately, Ted is a fun movie. It's not a great movie. It's good and it's fun. The hit or miss humor of Family Guy is there. But unlike Family Guy when Ted gets it right it knocks it out of the park. It's nice to see a somewhat original film making a splash at the box office today.
July 6, 2015
For a first feature film from Seth MacFarlane, this was passable. I think the story is strange but charming and interesting. The acting is pretty on spot. Mark Wahlberg does nicely, so does Seth himself and Mila Kunis. The movie is kinda funny, my favorite scene being the double date between John, Lori, Ted, and his new girlfriend Tammy Lynn. The characters are likable. I like John and Ted is a very crude, but charming bear. Lori is pretty good too. The only issues I have with the movie is that the multiple things that Ted does are extremely questionable. If he's a Teddy bear, how does he drink alcohol, do drugs, and eat? Also, the film sort of lacked in comedy. There were a few scenes that were funny, but it wasn't a laugh riot all the way through. Not the best, but I think Ted is an entertaining film.
August 3, 2012
Cute mixed with vulgar. lol
April 4, 2016
Ted is so funny, but is very familiar.
Null
½ March 30, 2016
Ted is pretty funny, as well as having a good script and story. Can be inconsistent at times though.
June 25, 2014
A buddy comedy film with a lot of heart and great storytelling with Seth Macfarlane (the creator of the hit TV series 'Family Guy') in his Directorial Debut make this one of the year's hilarious and best films of all-time! Thumbs Up! Delivers the Goods.
March 26, 2016
Ted, a movie about a man's relationship with his living teddy bear. This movie is filled with comedy, and has to be one of the best comedies I've seen in quite some time.
½ September 7, 2015
My favorite and the best comedy movie I've ever seen. Great concept, great jokes, this is what you want in a comedy.
March 6, 2016
After seeing this movie I still dont understand all the fuzz behind it (and a sequel?!). It's a story like dozens of others but now we have a Teddy Bear that smokes pot and drinks beer. The story is like dozens of another romantic comedies: a) Everything is fine b) something happens c) everything is wrong c) then we have a "reconciliation" (can be in multple forms - this movie it's to save a friend in trouble) d) happy forever. Another copy-paste movie .. Been there seen that.
March 5, 2016
The movie does not go much farther than Macfarlane's half baked concept 'What if a teddy bear said naughty things?'. At no point during the movie will it go past enjoyable. It's what I expected and it did not disappoint.
August 9, 2015
One of the truly funniest movies I've ever watched and never get tired of watching Mark Wahlberg and his pothead Teddy Bear
June 29, 2012
Funny is an understatement, but don't go into it to expect a great plot, just lots and lots of laugh
January 28, 2013
Love the 1st one # 2 sucked :/
Markie mark is sooo hot!
February 23, 2016
Great film. Superbly funny. A 'must see' !
February 22, 2016
Sitting down in the cinema with my popcorn, I have never experienced a film with such a clearly defined demographic. Packed almost to capacity with grown men clutching at their seat and gasping for air attempting to recover from an onslaught of crude fart, anal sex, turd and ejaculation references, Ted is certainly not great cinema, It achieves its limited aspirations in a preposterously creative literary interpretation of the boy v's man blight.

Having left commonsense and logic in the distant past, Writer/Director/Voiceover/Creator of Family Guy Seth MacFarlane's flash of brilliance in creating a Bad Santa-like irrepressibly naughty bear with politically incorrect urges loses a little in translation. For those viewers who are unversed in his previous works or are unaware of the relevance of copious pop-culture references, all his shenanigans fall sadly short of funny.

Star Trek's Patrick Stewart's deeply expressive narrative sets the tongue-in-cheek tone to the miraculous events of Christmas 1985 for eight year old John Bennett (Bretton Manley).

A lonely child, all John ever wanted was a true and loyal friend. Making a wish on a shooting start that his Christmas present - A large teddy bear unoriginally named Ted - would come to life, John is blessed with th companion he always craved.

After the families initial shock and the world's fleeting 15-minutes-of-fame infatuations, the two are instantly inseparable; and whilst hidden under the sheets on a scarily stormy night they cement their friendship by vowing to be Thunder Buddies for life.

Fast forward 27 years, Ted (voiced by MacFarlane) has matured into a foul-mouthed, pot-smoking couch-potato who continuously sabotages the minimum wage John's (Mark Whalberg) life by undermining any and all of John's responsibilities and relationship with his ultimately understanding girlfriend Lori (Mila Kunis).

By when pushed to the limit by Ted's perpetual juvenilia on their fourth anniversary, the disgusted Lori insists that John move on with his adult life, and leave Ted behind. With living arrangements, social engagements and visitation rights all under the microscope, will John accept an offer to sell Ted to a bizarrely creepy father/son pair of strangers? Or can John make the logical choice between his past and his future?

MacFarlane gets more than the expected mileage from what essentially is a one-joke movie built around Ted's politically incorrect proclivities. Ex-funky buncher Whalberg bears the brunt of Ted's ludicrousness being pummeled, punched and whipped by a TV antenna into acting submission. Kunis is pleasant as ever but shortchanged on story and consistently upstaged.

The support cast attempts to make the best of a bad situation, Giovanni Ribisi looks life he is having a blast as a dancing nutcase come emotionally intense bear-napper. Sam J. Jones, who played Flash Gordon in the critically ridiculed 1980 movie, shows up as his long forgotten himself. Joel McHale is suitably creepy as Lori's detestable boss and Jessica Barth has an odd role as Ted's perfectly curvaceous dumb-blonde check-out chick human girlfriend, don't even want to understand the physicality's there.

The verdict: Although a solid attempt at adding something to the comedy scape, much like his TV show, MacFarlane's Ted gags drag on incessantly to the same painfully pointless end.

Published: Queanbeyan Age