AICN's Early Scoop on "TMNT"

Sorry if I keep this one short, but you know my policy on spoilers. Yes, even for movies as slight and silly as "TMNT," I like to keep myself fairly info-free before I see/review a movie for myself. Having said that, I can still tell you that AICN got a report from a happy moviegoer who not only saw the new "Nina Turtles" flick, but kinda liked it too.

Click here for the AICN report if you're not a mega-nerd like me. The scooper seems to break his reactions down into five pros and five cons, which is perfectly helpful, but at the end of the piece he calls the flick "O.K." -- and here I was expecting a classic along the lines of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze."

And yes, I'm kidding.

"TMNT" opens on March 23rd.

Comments

privatepilesleftnipple

bobo boboki

THE HILLS ARE ALive with the sound of music.....

Feb 9 - 06:13 AM

rockstarfrank

David Frank

[b]Amazing![/b]
Wow, this is great news! Thanks RT!

Feb 9 - 07:03 AM

Kid_Ikarus

Josh Thornton

For real! I'm really excited about this movie, even if it does turn out to be less than great. Im so glad that they decided to use the original graphic novel style artwork design, i just wish they had left the eyes white instead of putting pupils in. It seems also that they will be showing more of the ninja personality to the turtles. In the comics, they were always about being stealth and not being seen/keeping to the shadows was a big thing- as opposed to the cartoon and movie versions of the turtles, where they kinda didn't really care.
Can't wait!!

Feb 9 - 08:37 AM

WiseGuy

Philip Zamora

I think that the hype over TMNT is ridiculous. The trailers have sucked. It looks to be no better than a Saturday morning cartoon episode and I don't mean the good kind like the original Ninja Turtles cartoon or Darkwing Duck. I'm talking direct to DVD crap.

Feb 9 - 08:46 AM

Foxtalker

Josh Brown

Yes, because Dark Wing Duck and TMNT were revolutions in the world of TV animation. Seriously, I'd put them up there with such monumental works of animation as Fantasia and Steamboat Willie. They're certainly the cornerstone of the late 80's-early 90's cartoon revolution that included the likes of Rocko's Modern Life, Denver the Last Dinosaur and everyone's fave, The Real Ghostbusters. You're right, the new trailer for TMNT looks horrid. I mean with its slick looking CGI, use of color and shadow shading, the ability to make rain look real, and just an overall sense of people knowing how to breathe some new life into a franchise. I don't want new stuff, I want the old TMNT animation where the mouths didn't always sync up to the vocals, the color of their eye bands changed color randomly, and the use of the same ol' animation sequences wrapped me up in sense of rustic unoriginality. Ahhh....those were the days.

Idiot...

Feb 9 - 11:34 AM

ZiGyStRdUsT

Carlos Monino

I'm not sure if you are praising or hatin on "Rocko's Modern Life", if its the latter I have to tell you that RML was one of the best written shows I have EVER seen.

Feb 10 - 08:13 AM

Foxtalker

Josh Brown

Oh I love RML. "Rocko beat City Hall!! He beat corporate Americaaaa." I agree one of the best written shows, but it wasn't a visual tour de force, you know? All the shows I mentioned I love but let's be honest, they didn't exactly push the boundaries of modern animation. Sorry, you're right. I should have made my sarcasm clearer before using RML and Ghostbusters to make my point. My apologies. To you, Ziggy, not the monkey who's crapping on TMNT

Feb 10 - 11:59 AM

TomasSPAGHetti

Ben Tomassetti

From reading the review, the pros and the cons sort of balance out. I see how it could be an OK movie. If you are a die hard fan and want to see all the things you remember about the turtles, apparently there's very little. I won't go into specifics, but some of the things I read were a little disappointing. I dunno tho, all in all it seems like a darker, less mainstream film... so we just have to wait to see if that is a good or a bad thing.

Feb 9 - 10:20 AM

Foxtalker

Josh Brown

Idiot...

Feb 9 - 11:34 AM

ZiGyStRdUsT

Carlos Monino

Feb 10 - 08:13 AM

Foxtalker

Josh Brown

Feb 10 - 11:59 AM

Roadhg67

Richard Wells

[b]I loved it!![/b]
I have been a fan of the series since I was 4 (at least).. and I was able to see it on Wednesday night at the test screening. I thought it was incredible (so did my girlfriend). I would basically compare it to Batman Begins... in the respect that it is finally the TMNT movie fans have been waiting for!

Feb 9 - 06:48 PM

ZiGyStRdUsT

Carlos Monino

Feb 10 - 08:13 AM

Foxtalker

Josh Brown

Feb 10 - 11:59 AM

Foxtalker

Josh Brown

Feb 10 - 11:59 AM

ZiGyStRdUsT

Carlos Monino

hehehe. alright, as long as we are clear = )

Feb 10 - 04:45 PM

Movies for Tax Day
Movies for Tax Day

Your tax dollars at work, in movies.

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies