Movies Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze Reviews

Rodschach
September 6, 2012
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze" aún logra impresionar a su leal audiencia con sus disfraces, peleas y sus diálogos que son entretenidos hasta cierto punto. pero las referencias a la cultura pop de su tiempo y la poca seriedad de su trama no la deja en tan buena recepción como a su predecesora.
Nik M.
July 31, 2014
It's a sad, desperate episode of a children's cartoon made into a mess of a live action flick. It too often jumps from scenes of violence and mixes it into unfunny gags and eye-roll-worthy dialogue.
July 24, 2014
Fun, but stupid. More stupid than fun, actually... but still fun.
July 24, 2014
It's a nostalgic movie for me, I watched it over and over again on VHS when I was a child. I recognize it's flaws now but it's just way too fun and innocent to critize in that manner, you enjoy it for what it is.
July 24, 2014
It drops any seriousness that the first film may have had, in terms for a mostly incoherent thin plot and embarrassing action sequences. The characters are still pretty fun, and there's a lot of 90's cinematography cliches. It doesn't age well, but it's far from unwatchable.
July 23, 2014
Go Ninja, Go Ninja GO!
skactopus
skactopus

May 6, 2007
4 turtles and a canister of ooze is what's on the table in Michael Pressman's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. Pizza too.Cheesy, yet radically amusing is how the story plays out for its 80 minute entirety. Definitely, not as strong as its predecessor, but easily more entertaining. There isn't much in the way of character buildup, especially when all of the major characters have already gone through that in the first film.While lacking emphasis on the individual weapons of the turtles, the martial arts segments have excellent choreography. The scenes at the end with music provided by Vanilla Ice is worthy of note. "Go ninja, go ninja, go!"For 4 people in turtle costumes, the acting is what it is, backed by acceptable voice work. Paige Turco gets lost in the shuffle as April O'Neil. Ernie Reyes Jr. gets a chance to showcase top notch martial arts skills.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze passes by as quickly as a ninja vanishes. Cowabunga!
July 20, 2014
Campy, trippy fun with a blockbuster feel and some astounding visuals. It was great seeing old Bebop in action, he was quite made up for an old movie like this. I mean, for people that liked the first one this is a solid sequel, albeit more of the same, it's still a good formula for epic movie watching and it doesn't take anything seriously and isn't as dark as the first mutant turtle movie. A lighthearted, fun and riotous romp of a sequel and a darn good movie.
July 16, 2014
Some decent action sequences punctuated with some pretty terrible one-liners... the replacement voice for the Turtles rob them of most of their character, only Raph seems to possess a second-dimesion in character. the addition to the mythos is nice, but not enough to make it truly memorable.
November 24, 2009
Well parents got their wish. This is the turtle movie that is appropriate for children. The problem is that it is not appropriate for anyone else. Unless you are a Vanilla Ice fan (and who is) skip it.
June 23, 2014
this movie was not so good but it was okay my main problem is how the turtles beat regular shredder with a garbage truck but a mutant shredder could not surive being hit by wood this movie was bad
May 8, 2014
As good as the first one was, this sequel seems to take two steps back for every step forward. The design and animatronicness (??) of the turtles is worse than the first one (which actually had it pretty good), making it harder to take them seriously....although Splinter is just as good as he was, so that balances, I guess. The new actress playing April takes over the role okay, not exactly surpassing Judith Hoag but not doing poorly either. The plot and script both could have used a lot of work to be less cartoony, and the pause in the nightclub fight at the end to do a little dance to a spontaneously and totally-not-planned-why-do-you-ask rap is corny-times-ten. On the flip side, the individual personalities of the turtles are more prominent (particularly Donatello's mechanical aptitude/obsession); David Warner's role is both well-acted and (surprisingly, all else considered) well-written; and the new subway hideout is fitting, beautiful, and painstakingly crafted, giving the turtles a fantastic new base of operations. Despite those few good points, though, this entry in the movie franchise is a definite low point for both the series and the turtles as a whole.
J M.
April 17, 2014
"The-type-of-script that could have been written by a kid..."

**1/4

This sequel was completely aimed at pleasing kids, that are, of the, age of 9, or younger; it had the-type-of-script that could have been written by a kid for that matter. Well it had, one, or two scenes that some adults will find to be funny; it is a good bet that most adults will not be able to watch this movie...

~

For kids I give this film a C (Common)
For adults I give this film a D - (Dangerously Deficient)
Tommy Wiseau
April 11, 2014
Two point Five stars
January 20, 2014
Best TMNT movie, action is amazing
Stefano L.
August 22, 2011
" The Secret of the Ooze " is a sequel quite pretty good movie about the ninja turtles directed by Barron . The direction in this case has staked everything on humor and spectacular battles (the beginning is frizzantissimo , most importantly with the remix of " Turtle Rhapsody "). Too bad that the film has lost none of the charm. Raphael, in the first place , no longer has the charisma of the original, and even the exceptional voice actor of the Italian version . Toka and Razar were clearly designed on the inspiration of the comic villain of cardboard Bebop and Rocksteady ; despite two adversaries rather coarse , two years after they were placed in several episodes of the animated series , thus entering the TMNT universe . Excellent soundtrack, with dance and hip hop artists popular in the early nineties : Cathy Dennis , David Morales , Ya Kid K , and even a cameo by Vanilla Ice . But the ridiculous scene where the turtles dancing and fighting at the same time to the tune of "Ninja Rap ." Disappointing and hasty implementation of the final confrontation with Super Shredder.
March 1, 2014
A case of so bad it's good, this is probably my biggest guilty pleasure movie. Ninja Rap? Super Shredder? C'mon.
February 25, 2014
I can't help it, it's corny, and isn't as good as the first. But it's way too fun for my taste to say it's a bad movie.
February 17, 2014

~

For kids I give this film a C (common).
For adults I give this film a D - (dangerously deficient).