• Directed By:
    Tyler Perry
    In Theaters:
    Mar 29, 2013 Wide
    On DVD:
    Jul 9, 2013
  • Lionsgate Films

Another Tyler Perry trash

Will this work for both critics and audience. A big NO.
Kerwin Mallari
02-6-2013 02:53 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Beaker

Beaker Muppet

I think it's nice that Tyler Perry makes movies for black families. The kids can laugh at the latest jokes, the moms can see the latest dresses?and the dads get Kim Kardashian. Ha-ha?am I right, dads? And if white people aren't doing anything, they should buy a ticket to show their support. After all, maybe it will "movie" them.

Apr 7 - 10:02 AM

Shatavia Alexander

Shatavia Alexander

I only watch his films on TV. I have never paid to see any of his films in theater.

Mar 29 - 01:05 PM

atthemovies

Paul Arnold

So I hear Kim Kardashian thinks she'd like to have a career as an actress now that she's done this movie. Aha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Mar 28 - 09:19 PM

Pat ChalupaBatman

Pat ChalupaBatman

6%

Tyler Perry is a dog turd

Mar 26 - 12:44 PM

Hamid Ashtiani

Hamid Ashtiani

28% at most! You know the movie's gonna be trash when Kim Kardashian is in it.

Mar 20 - 04:51 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Tyler Perry is a disgrace to entertainment.

Mar 18 - 12:27 PM

Kevin Payne Jr.

Kevin Payne Jr.

Disgrace my ass. Man built his own empire doing what he wants with his own his own shit in a tainted industry you white people are so proud of called Hollywood. Disgrace? More like inspiration and motivation for black people to follow their dreams and not let anyone change who they are and what they do.

Mar 29 - 04:51 AM

Payton Woodbury

Payton Woodbury

your comment is beyond ignorant. "you white people..."think about what you are saying before you post something.

Mar 29 - 04:59 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Wow, Kevin. I'm not getting into a racial debate with you because that's just simply wrong. I'm more than inteligent than you are and you're ignorant and bigoted. I'm ok to leave it at that. I'm always down for a civil, yet passionate, discussion. But if you're going to pull the stereotypical race card, then I have nothing to say.

Mar 29 - 05:18 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

There are plenty of amazing black actors and directors.... but Tyler Perry sure as hell isn't one of them. He makes black people look stupid and follows just about every stereotype there is. I have alot of black friends who agree that Tyler Perry is a piece of shit because of all of the above reasons. Nuff said.

Mar 29 - 11:49 AM

Kevin Payne Jr.

Kevin Payne Jr.

Name every stereotype an I will them apart

Apr 11 - 05:28 PM

Kevin Payne Jr.

Kevin Payne Jr.

So because he makes movies you don't like he's a piece of shit? Like do you even have any clue how dumb that is.

Apr 11 - 05:29 PM

Kevin Payne Jr.

Kevin Payne Jr.

and*

Apr 11 - 05:38 PM

Kevin Payne Jr.

Kevin Payne Jr.

"There are plenty of amazing black actors and directors"

Correct, but where are they?
Why aren't movies like Inception with all black people. Why almost every good "black" people consist of the same things:

A. Black on Black violence and Drugs (Boyz N Tha Hood, Menace II Society, Clockers, Fresh)

B. Slavery, Oppression, Segregation (The Color Purple, The Help, and recently Django Unchained)

C. Black person struggling, insert white savior (The Blind Side)

The truth is, these great actors aren't getting the work they deserve. So they settle these mediocre roles, and roles that don't allow them to showcase their full talent. Or they do roles that get overlooked by movies like The Avengers and what not.

When was the last time Spike Lee came out with a movie?

Malcolm D.Lee?

Apr 11 - 05:55 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

When you have no real argument, you play the race card. Way to show how ignorant you are, Kevin.

Mar 29 - 01:52 PM

Kevin Payne Jr.

Kevin Payne Jr.

What race card? You are all the ignorant ones. If you wasn't ignorant, you have figured out by now after 10+ movies you aren't in his niche. Them y'all bring up stereotypes... The typical dumb criticism of a lot of black movies. Answer me this, how come you never see people bring up "stereotypes" in movies with white people. All the Adam Sandler movies not once have I heard stereotypes. So I guess they only exist with black movies? This is the sole reason why stereotypes is the dumbest criticism of movies period. They don't exist. But you know what he onus is on black people because we allow this nonsense and accept it.

Apr 11 - 05:35 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I love how he hasn't replied back.

Apr 7 - 02:36 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile