• Directed By:
    Tyler Perry
    In Theaters:
    Mar 29, 2013 Wide
    On DVD:
    Jul 9, 2013
  • Lionsgate Films

Temptation rating too high

"For rational, sane people it's bound to be considered one of the worst films of the year, but for seekers of wretched, glorious camp, it may be an instant classic."

That is an excerpt from one of the two 'fresh' reviews for Perry's latest stinker. The review makes it clear that the movie is terrible, citing it's only redeeming quality being its unintentional comedy. This hardly merits a fresh review rating.
Brian S.
03-30-2013 11:40 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Cathy Mitchell

Cathy Mitchell

It was a very good movie. He went into the minds of many women and more husbands should watch this One. Tyler nailed it!

Apr 22 - 08:07 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

LMFAO! Good one, Cathy.

Jun 16 - 03:32 AM

Kevin Payne Jr.

Kevin Payne Jr.

Tyler is obviously running out of ideas. My advice for him would be to venture out of his niche for one time. Try something different. His movies are getting old now. I don't pay for them, Netflix. Gotta love it.

Apr 11 - 06:19 PM

Adree Oliver

Adree Oliver

I really wanted to like it. He had a great cast. As much as I wanted to like, I hated it!!! I think he must be a woman hater!

Apr 4 - 08:41 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Obviously, the critcs have this one right. Audience should be ashamed!

Apr 2 - 03:09 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

You got to be kidding people...............you actually gave this a 73% rating???? Then you all should be damned cause you're sitting on your brains!!
DAMN!

Apr 2 - 03:06 PM

Opi D.

Opi Dst

I really wanted this to be a good movie. That is not the case.

This is a horrible movie for a few reasons:

(1.) The actors are frumpy. Even when they are trying to be sexy. Having a six pack that is shown while jogging or coming out of the shower does not suffice. TP just chose frumpy and boring actors. Period. Yes, this matters when you have a movie called "Temptation" and the commercials try to look sexy and tempting. Yes, this matters when we try to support an all Black cast and TP does not give us much to work with. Good actors but drab appearances and drab performances. Can Black actors not have it all?

(2.) I am tired of the "little country folks make it to the biiiiiiiig city and the debul (devil) comes to snatch 'em!!!" routine. This story has been told in every way by Hollywood. Enough already. It is dumb. It is exaggerated. It is unnecessarily dramatic.

(3.) The movie was preachy. I did not pay for a sermon. I paid for a movie about lust and extramarital affairs. The momma was a ridiculous exaggeration. For one, she would not be in my house telling me what to do--even if she disagreed with my lifestyle. For two, she would not be holding an uninvited prayer circle in my house. That was just silly and removed all sexiness potential from this movie.

(4.) What Tyler Perry considers to be the climax of a movie, I consider to be extremely boring and predictable. I will not go into detail but I did not pay to see yet another movie about (fill in the blank) and (fill in the blank). Tyler Perry had yet another lesson to give Black folks and he used this movie for it.

I tried not to give up on TP. He almost lost me with the latest Madea movies, his horrible rendition of Alex Cross, and he has officially lost me with Temptation. I feel hoodwinked, bamboozled, and led astray. This movie will appeal to loyal, die hard Tyler Perry fans. TP is intentionally reaching a particular racial, gender, and age demographic. Generally speaking, this is the demographic that will stick with Tyler Perry and believe in his unnecessarily dramatic and ridiculous stories. Tyler Perry is appealing to a demographic who HE BELIEVES has such low expectations and low standards that they will swoon over a Black man's six pack abs coming out of the shower and ignore the fact that the storyline is stupid. HE BELIEVES they will swoon over a Black man jogging and ignore the fact that his legs are way too skinny in his leggings. LOL. Surely, Black people can multitask much more than TP believes we can. Surely, Black people have higher expectations for actors, story lines, and movie plots than TP believes.

Those who are sticking with TP...GOOD LUCK!

The rest of us are waiting for "Black movies" to mean something more than Tyler Perry. Even T.D. Jakes has not annoyed me this much.

Mar 31 - 10:13 AM

Stacy-Ann Stoute

Stacy-Ann Stoute

Thank you for this. I feel better having read this because this movie really annoyed me and I too feel like that was the last straw for me and TP.

Apr 2 - 08:25 AM

Rasaan James

Rasaan James

Opi..... You are so on point! I am totally with you....

Apr 6 - 12:47 PM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

yes

Apr 10 - 07:17 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I concur.

Mar 30 - 01:48 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile