Temptation Reviews

February 2, 2013
I really liked this film.

Portrayal of relationship temptations
Giving in to them
Ending up alone
June 9, 2015
Tyler Perry tries to branch out of his Madea movies and go into a more character centered film, but while it's a little more tolerable than recent Madea films, it's too predictable and shallow to be truly memorable
½ June 4, 2014
Thanks to Tyler Perry's smartly written script and intense direction -- along with a powerfully subversive performance from Jurnee Smollett-Bell -- Temptation rides its melodramatic storyline to beautiful effect, resulting in the delivery of thoroughly entertaining drama.
May 20, 2015
I really loved Diary of Mad Black Woman but I am torn over this movie. I can see how everything else going in the film can be realistic. I can absolutely identify with the everyday struggles of a long term relationship but WHY.T.F. is kim kardashian in this movie? Everything else going on in the movie felt decently acted and plausible. But every scene with Kim is wooden and cue carded. They put her in these hideous outfits that don't hide the lines of her Spanx. I'll give her this.. she plays the role of vapid bitch vain coworker well. Vanessa Williams pretending to sound French was bothersome as well. I think this movie had potential but was miscast. WOMP WOMP......
½ May 5, 2013
wasn't bad but it wasn't great. it kills time
January 6, 2015
I'd die for you.

An ambitious woman from a small town struggling to make ends meet with her small town high school sweet heart in the big city one day meets a rich playboy of sorts. The playboys tells her everything she needs to hear to feel good and have a new exciting lifestyle. She may find out her new exciting lifestyle has as many pitfalls as peaks.

"Why don't you take the whole bucket?"
"Oh, I don't want the whole bucket."

Tyler Perry, director of Diary of a Mad Black Woman, I Can Do Bad All by Myself, For Better or Worse, Madea's Whiteness Protection, Why Did I Get Married 1 & 2, and Meet the Browns, delivers Temptation. The storyline for this picture is very interesting even if the characters are a bit stale and stiff at times. The acting was average and the cast includes Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Lance Gross, Kim Karashian, Vanessa Williams, Robbie Jones, and Brandy Norwood.

"I'm not a lesbian."

We randomly grabbed this off Netflix the other night because we thought the previews looked interesting when it was in theatres. I did enjoy the film and couldn't wait to see what happened, but the characters were frustrating and robotic at times. The acting really is amateurish, but the plot is good and worth following. I recommend seeing this picture for sure.

"She's cheating."

Grade: C+
November 22, 2014
I know it's kinda silly to have a movie that's teaching you a lesson!! A moral lesson!! Still, I like it! It could happen to anyone...Depression is awful and it led someone to do crazy stuff...
October 28, 2014
Film Review
"JUDITH, he has my wife." Who has your wife?" "HARLEY" Tyler Perry's Temptation film is about a lady named Judith ( Jurnee Smollett-Bell)who is married and pursues another man name Harley(Robbie Jones). She allows her work life to interfere with her once happy marriage. This movie shows why it is beneficial to stay devoted to your marriage.
Judith was a sweet, smart and charming lady who worked as an in-house therapist for a match making company. Judith was raised the "old fashion way". She attended church every day and had a very strict mother. She was type of woman who you would think a never step out on her husband. Brice (Lance Gross) her husband was a pharmacist who at the beginning paid a lot of attention to his wife but after while forgot her birthday multiple years in a row. Harley was millionaires who was very attractive and introduce Judith to a life she was very unfamiliar with.
Tyler Perry is known for his many Madea movies which are very comedic. I knew going into this movie to expect something different because of the movie trailers. Many people have negative views about what they consider "Tyler Perry movies", I enjoy his many movies and play's because they are so comical. Comical is not what I got in Temptation and I still enjoyed the very serious and realistic movie.
Judith real life situation is her unhappy marriage. Tyler Perry does an awesome job showing how the effect of Judith unhappiness ruins what she has with her husband Brice. He didn't make the storyline predicable which is how his movies usually are but he kept us in tune and made us want to know more about Judith and curious about her next move. Like was it going to be with her husband of many years or the charming rich guy she just met? Jurnee Smollett-Bell acting really helps make the story line out of the ordinary. This is the first movie I've seen her play in and she really brought her character to life and made her very relatable.
Brice real life situation is being the type of husband who loves there wife but pays her no attention. Lance Gross character is the main reason his wife was drove to be with another man. Lance Gross plays the forgetful husband very well. It's very clear on why Judith did the things she did. Not saying what she did was right.
Harley realistic situation was him being that rich guy every girl wanted to be with. The charming personality, good looks and money attracted Judith. Robbie Jones plays his roll very well I even believed he had good intentions with Judith. Tyler Perry made Robbie character so relatable to today's society because so many girls would rather have the rich attractive guy instead of "normal" man.
Judith turned her back on her husband and mother for a man who was no good. Things maybe rocky at one point in life, but you cannot allow someone to change your whole life in just a second. Judith's husband was slacking in some areas but he came through for her when she really needed it. The lesson is being loyal to those who are loyal to you.

Temptation was a really enjoyable movie. I appreciated the many ah-ha moments. Also the great acting and interesting story line Tyler Perry used. I would definitely recommend this movie and rate it an 9/10. This is one of the movies you can watch more than once and still enjoy it every time.
½ October 28, 2014
Film Review

October 23, 2014
I actually liked this movie! I thought it had a lot of deep meanings within the film. I will be watching this one again!
October 13, 2014
This movie was phenomenal!! I don't understand all of the negative reviews. I think that every married couple or woman who thinks she is "unhappy" in her marriage should watch this movie. Great portrayal of the "grass is NOT greener" syndrome.
September 21, 2014
baaaaaaad, any director that decides to cast Kim K for a movie should be banned from producing films, she was AWFUL , the whole movie was
September 18, 2014
The film begins in a run down building with a counselor helping with a couple that are frustrated in their marriage. After an argument that results in the husband leaving the room, the counselor can tell that the wife has met someone and is considering having an affair. She then proceeds to tell her a story about her sister named Judith.Years ago, Judith (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) is a therapist working at a matchmaking agency owned by Janice (Vanessa L. Williams). She is married to her childhood sweetheart Brice (Lance Gross) whom she has known since she was 6. Brice and Judith attend the same church as her mother Miss Sarah (Ella Joyce), a devout Christian with strong beliefs. Brice is a pharmacist and is soon introduced to a new employee, Melinda (Brandy Norwood). Melinda soon reveals that she is on the run from an abusive boyfriend, who had tried to kill her. Judith is dissatisfied with her job and anxious to start her own business in marriage counseling, but Brice is cautious and tells her to wait until they are more financially stable, which frustrates Judith. She is further frustrated when Brice refuses to confront men who catcall her on their way home from dinner.Judith meets Harley (Robbie Jones) while at work, a wealthy Internet entrepreneur who wants to invest in Janice's business. Harley attempts to seduce Judith as they work late together on matchmaking surveys. When Harley questions as to why there is no discussion regarding sex, Judith reveals that she does not believe in premarital sex. Harley concludes Judith's sex life is boring and on a schedule, which leads Judith to question her sex life with Brice. She tries to spice up their sex life later at home, only to be rejected.
July 27, 2014
I enjoy most of Tyler Perry's movies, but this one just isn't worth watching & it was too much for me to handle. :/
½ August 17, 2014
If you are unfaithful someone will beat you and give you HIV. Lesson learned.
August 6, 2014
What a thought provoking and engaging movie. Sad at times but truthful.
August 1, 2014
STOP STIGMATIZING CERTAIN DESEASE OR CONDITION, MR. PERRY...?HIV is not a punishment... these kind of movie really make the life those who has HIV or other health conditions harder
July 28, 2014
I really loved this movie although I am a little late. If you look close enough, Mr. Perry is informing all of us how temptation can ruin our life. No matter what form it presents it self, it can destroy us. It is nothing to play with and can cause a lot of pain individually and as a family. Be it sex, drugs, stealing, gossiping, lying, over spending (damage your credit-no savings account), the list goes on.
½ July 22, 2014
Una buena peli para reflexionar sobre la vida de pareja, infidelidad y las consecuencias de las decisiones que se toman sin pensar mucho.
½ July 15, 2014
I'm not going to lie, Temptation is possibly the worst Tyler Perry movie I have ever seen. The characters are narcissistic and pretentious, the acting is atrocious, and the plot points are generic. Perry just gets worse and worse as a writer/director. This is the worst film in his filmography to boot.