Tenacious D - The Complete Masterworks Reviews

August 12, 2012
A very good acoustic show featuring a lot of songs from the band's debut plus covers and more, the satisfying "Tenacious D" series in its entirety (that's six episodes), three disgusting short films that range from uninteresting to good, an "in the studio" documentary that lacks focus, three TV appearances that deliver the goods, three very good music videos including the making of two of them and a decent "on the road" doc. Lots of mostly great stuff.
June 24, 2009
Awesomeness squared. If you do not love Tenacious D, you do not have a soul.
½ January 3, 2004
The best thing about a nice bout of crippling, boredom-fueled depression? Lots of fetal position, laying on the bed, movie watching.

Just finished up the Complete Masterworks of the D. And it was good. The short films were more of the gag-inducing kind than the laugh out loud kind. And, by the end, if I heard Wonderboy or Tribute one more time, I was going to kill myself.

I'm sure I would have appreciated it more if I didn't sit through all of it at once. I was huge on the D a few years back. I saw them at the House of Blues in Chicago back before they were huge, and they played Chicago during the filming of High Fidelity. John Cusack introduced them, and he was laughing so hard that he nearly fell off the balcony.

And it wasn't long before I was trying to pick myself up off the ground after a lovely girl standing next to me decided to taste some of the sasquatch shit that had landed on my shoulder.

Man. That was an amazing show.