Terminator 2: Judgment Day Reviews

October 5, 2015
This is the best movie in the franchise! It surpasses the original in almost every way.
September 26, 2015
upon rewatching, this is a hack movie with way too much cheesy sentimentality. the original from 1984 is imminently more watchable.
January 5, 2010
The chase action sequences between Arnold and the cunning relentless evil terminator were full of vehicle and building destruction chaos. This movie is a definite watch for destruction-loving crazy fans like me. Even if decades pass by as television high definition brands, such as Panansonic, Sony, Samsung and LG, get better, the movie remains a forever classic where most of the action occur during colourful sunrise and sunset situations rather than at night. If only the electronic music could be updated with different bass sounds because the frequent freaky violin-like sound effect can be a monotonous fingernail-scratch on blackboard ear-ache effect. I like the movie beginning's skull image snap-shut effect as it changes to the truck's front radiator grill.
My intelligence can get the best of me when I believe that there is much more than metal skeleton and human flesh when it comes to superior strength. As i can imagine human muscle terminator-wise made up of metallic wire-like strands - almost like a dynamo wrapped with copper wire ::
December 28, 2013
One of if not the best James Cameron movies ever made.
July 25, 2015
Somebody i know reckons this is better than the 1st. I think so! It got liquid terminator who is most powerful. No one else can face him but the terminator. Arnold Schwarzenegger should stay as the terminator and not be replaced by someone else. ARNIE ROCKS!
August 14, 2015
Perfection. Terminators 3 through 5 don't even come close.
January 11, 2009
Its a very intense movie. I liked the bike chase from the lorry and the shootout using the minigun by Arnie. Its an a full of action sci-fi film.
June 12, 2007
Finding a sequel that surpasses the original is difficult, but it is almost unheard of when the initial movie is as great as The Terminator. Hard as it is to believe, this is even better than the first Terminator movie. There is a mind-blowing twist early in the movie that changes how everything works from the original movie. That changes the entire dynamic and makes it a completely fresh adventure. Things still tie into the first movie in a rewarding and tight fashion, but this movie is distinct and strong enough that it can stand completely on its own. Linda Hamilton's character is entirely different now; she is no longer a confused damsel in need of rescuing. She is kicking butt and taking care of herself this time. Edward Furlong plays her son. Both actors are just right for their roles. Arnold Schwarzenegger's character has the chance to expand now. He is still robotic in nature, but this time he has a greater grasp on human interactions and has significantly more personality. He adds a tasteful amount of dry humor to the mix. Robert Patrick as the T-1000 is equally impressive for different reasons. He looks like a pure killing machine that will stop at nothing as well. Unlike Arnold, he is lean, light on his feet, cat-like in how moves and surveying a scene. Once again, James Cameron does a phenomenal job from top to bottom. The fast pacing is exhilarating, but there are substance and meaningful plot throughout. There is great acting, special effects and camera work. This is undoubtedly one of the greatest action movies of all time. It holds up extremely well over time and holds great re-watch value.
August 29, 2015
A chip exists somewhere in our future that will lead to Sky Net Judgement day & human termination for sure if we don't evolve into completely different cooperative, mutually accommodating creatures.
½ August 27, 2015
Re-calibrating a nearly perfect audience-slaying machine into an equally entertaining follow-up, Judgement Day boasts still-awestriking visual effects and a winning twist on its own formula. The difference comes down to genre type. Shifting gears from sci-fi-horror to sci-fi-thriller, these continuing adventures play out more as an action movie than slasher flick to stellar effect. This pulse-pounding action, however, rivals the suspense generated by the first perpetual motion machine. Turning audience expectations on their heads, Schwarzenegger's iconic Terminator now becomes the guardian of the intended victim. It's such a genius twist on the formula that the series never stands a chance at reaching these vaulted great heights again. Putting forth basically the same story, this sequel nonetheless achieves a greater level of depth and emotion in making part two more of a survivor's tale.

In this R-rated sequel, a Terminator (Schwarzenegger) gets sent back in time to protect John Connor (Edward Furlong), the boy destined to lead freedom fighters of the future including his mother (Hamilton), a quintessential survivor who has been institutionalized for her warning of the nuclear holocaust she knows is inevitable.

In a great turnabout from being the heavy, Schwarzenegger imbues the role with an indelible amount of character. As the liquid metal monster T-1000, however, Robert Patrick exudes menace with every precise step. Linda Hamilton made Sarah Connor more than just a hapless victim in the first chapter, but what she does here - becoming a cold killing machine herself - is superb. The pioneering computer effects remain the star, however, wowing 2015 viewers just as much as the weapons-grade digital work today. The script loses a couple of points for sentimentality in regards to young John Connor, but its nonetheless one of the greatest sequels ever.

Bottom line: Rich in Iron
½ December 9, 2014
Tense and well-acted, T2 continues the series with better special effects and a strong story.
August 20, 2015
Terminator 2: Judgment Day has great action,likeable characters and amazing special effects. it's a shame the sequels were so bad.
½ August 19, 2015
Superior secuela de una muy buena película. Mejora en casi todo: Escenas de acción, Suspenso y un antagonista mucho más peligroso que el de Arnie, el cual ahora pasa forzadamente a tener que ser un aliado. La única contra es que al ser una continuación pierde un poco el factor sorpresa, pero eso de ninguna manera le baja la nota.
August 18, 2015
I think that Terminator 2 is better that the first.Its a rush of action and adrnaline!!!!
August 16, 2015
I love Arnolds performance and his quotes are some of the best in film history. The action is thrilling and its effects are brilliant even though it was made 24 years ago.
August 15, 2015
it is better than the First movie because it has more action.The actings are nice and the script is clever. The Special effects are great but the CGI is still awfull
½ August 13, 2015
This movie was really interesting. I liked how there was a little boy in the movie. I think this is the best terminator movie.
August 11, 2015
I haven't seen the first one yet, but T2 is one great action sci-fi piece of awesomeness.
August 11, 2015
The memory of Terminator 2 from my childhood is a foggy one, but I remember, as a child who couldn't have been any older than 10, that I really liked this movie. There were scenes that, to this day, have stuck with me. I remember the ending almost shot-for-shot as I rematch it some 16 years later.

I like the first Terminator film a great deal, but it has that '80s feel to it and it's very dated. But the 1991 sequel is ahead of its time. And 24 years later, It holds up perfectly--just as my memories of it as a child.

In this movie, a cyborg (Arnold Schwarzenegger), looking exactly like the one who tries to kill Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) in the first film, is sent back to the past to protect her son, John Connor (Edward Furlong), who is being hunted down by a more advanced evil cyborg (Robert Patrick) who can morph into any person or metal object.

The plot is more developed and longer. We realize that there is more at stake here. We know the background already and know who must live and who must die. At 2 and a half hours, the movie never seems to overstay its welcome.

Schwarzenegger has never been more perfect for any role he's played. He's truly at his best and even displays his comedic talents. Patrick, playing the main antagonist, creepily stalks Sarah and John throughout the whole movie, evoking true fear from the audience.

This is a near-perfect cinematic experience. It's one of my favorite films and it's even better watching it with more context than when I was a child.

Twizard Rating: 100
August 3, 2015
One of those rare sequels better than its predecessor.