Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines Reviews

½ October 9, 2015
The epic trilogy concluded with greatness!
October 5, 2015
This movie is entertaining... but it was pretty disappointing. It doesn't hold a candle to T2. Also its a rehash of T2, they killed off Sarah Connor, it has slapstick comedy and turned John Connor into a drugged up idiot. The action was still awesome though.
½ February 24, 2010
Jonathan Mostow's underrated exuberant action-packed thrill ride is a well-crafted solid sequel in this iconic franchise. It concerns the future savior of humanity John Connor, played superbly by Nick Stahl, who is now a 23 year old drifter living a paranoid existence, his tough beloved mother Sarah died from cancer years ago. Connor will be aided by new T-800 terminator, played terrifically again by Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was send by him from the future to protect him and Kate Brewster, wonderfully played by Claire Danes, the daughter of the U.S. Air Force general in charge of Skynet, it seems that Kate has a major part in the upcoming future events. Only problem is that they must now face the latest most advance terminator that also has been sent after them from future, the TX, played impressively played by newcomer Kristanna Loken, who can morph her liquid metal body into anyone or shape, her arms double as a plasma cannon, fame thrower or buzz saw. They have only a few hours before the nuclear apocalypse begins when Skynet launches its world-wide ICBM attack. Astute direction by Mostow, who gives his film spectacular visual effects and sensational action sequences, particularly the amazing road chase involving a gigantic mobile crane with the TX driving after Connor with Arnold's terminator on a motorcycle in hot pursuit, and the fight between the TX and T-800 terminator is down & dirty awesome. Schwarzenegger is peerless in the role he was born to play, and is so much fun to watch. Special kudos must go to Loken with her beauty and natural athleticism she make a most convincing and imposing villain. The only complaint from me with this film is the somewhat disappointing ending after such a great build up, otherwise it is a first-rate sci-fi thriller. Highly
½ September 26, 2015
worse than salvation
September 26, 2015
I Do not get why everyone has a problem with this movie, in my opinion it was better than Terminator 2 because The T100'S Anti Hero turn felt like more of a bad ass, the effects wer better, the acting was stronger and the plot felt more real! Unfortunatly, without it Terminator Genisys and Salvation would never be real so 4 star!
½ September 9, 2015
[Flixster seems to have lost the text of my review, so I'm trying again.] At the end of the second Terminator movie, the heroes thought they had successfully altered the future and prevented the robot apocalypse. Terminator 3's premise is that they only delayed it. Once again, robots from the future send mechanical assassins into the past to kill people who will have a leading role in fighting against the evil Skynet. Although it's slickly produced, it felt like a re-hash of scenes from the first two movies. This film didn't seem to add anything to the overall story and was essentially ignored by the entries that came later, such as the Sarah Connor Chronicles TV show and Terminator Salvation.
September 3, 2015
this was fucking boring... i watched it, got up and left, and forgot to even go back. There was nothing redeeming about it. It was the same schtick, but this time, it has a liquid/metal machine, etc etc etc. I didn't like john connor or his girlfriend and ultimately felt this was just a big piece of shit, covered in Arnold schwarzeneggar, and there ONLY to make a buck. It just felt plastic and disney like in its violence. I felt Terminator Salvation was 10x better.
Disappointed and annoyed that I even watched half of this.
July 24, 2015
Terminator 3 really did not need to happen, especially since the movie is just a retread of T2(which was also a retread of the T1). I would be offended, but only if the movie wasn't entertaining. I find it to be very enjoyable, even though its existence was just to milk more money. It's not great, but it comes very close to being great. It's more of a pointless, yet entertainingly good sequel.
½ June 12, 2007
Arnold Schwarzenegger is back, but rest of the production is not up to par with the two landmark movies preceding this. Nick Stahl is terrible as John Conner in his early-20s. It feels like we are watching him act. His stale delivery and poor physical expression truly hurt this movie. Claire Danes is not much better; she feels out of place in an action movie her abilities. Often her emotions do not seem to fit the moment. Clearly, the director, Jonathan Mostow, is no James Cameron. The pace is not as fast or consistent as the first two movies and fighting lacks the magic from before. A slower pace can still work if the acting, the characters, and the story compensate, but they do not. The story lacks the urgency this time, and the resolution is unrewarding. I am not sure how Mostow secured his role as the director for such a coveted movie. His previous work is not that impressive, and this is not helping his case. When taken as a stand-alone movie, it is a middling and forgettable action movie. Without Schwarzenegger reprieving his iconic role, this may have been a total disaster. Even with Arnold, it is a complete disappointment when you consider the greatness of the two prior movies.
August 28, 2015
Despite not being as monumental or smart as the first 2 films terminator 3 is just a entertaining and passable Acton film.

... and at least its not the 4th one.
August 21, 2015
Decent addition to the series.
½ August 20, 2015
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines adds nothing new to the franchise, but the effects are great, the action was thrilling and some of the jokes were funny.
September 13, 2014
The film suffers with James Cameron, and being the first film after his initial two offerings, it tries desperately to follow in the same footsteps, as opposed to paving its own path. It just doesn't work. The action scenes are sloppy and poorly executed - definitely did not age well.
August 19, 2015
No es tan mala como la gente dice. Trata de expandir la historia como también quiso Génesis, intentando llevarnos al inevitable Día del Juicio (A pesar de que esté jalado un poco de los pelos, puesto que en T2 habían destruido el prototipo para comenzar con el proyecto de Skynet) y al mismo tiempo dándonos otra antagonista jodedora, ya que no es bueno que todos los villanos sean hombres. Lo que la arruina es el guión y protagonistas poco trabajados y las actuaciones, las cuales dejan mucho que desear, sin mencionar que el ver otra vez a Arnold del lado de los buenos es algo repetitivo y aburrido a esta altura. Eso y le tocó estar bajo la sombra de las dos entregas anteriores, especialmente la segunda.
½ August 14, 2015
Why does this film exist
August 12, 2015
Its better than Genisys. Trust me.
The plot is terrible, and has SERIOUS continuity errors with T1 and T2, but the action is amazing. Acting is brilliant- Arnie is outstanding. And the ending is very depressing. Just turn off your brain and enjoy the action.
½ August 11, 2015
The third installment in the Terminator franchise may seem pointless to some diehard fans, but it's actually a solid movie that furthers the premise of the series.

Following the events of Terminator 2, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines catches us up with John Connor (Nick Stahl) approximately a decade later. It turns out that the judgement day John and his mother thought that they derailed is happening anyway. Two more cyborgs are sent back in time--one to protect John and his future wife, and the other to terminate them.

The movie builds upon our notions of fate and destiny and expands the universe which we grew enamored by in the first two films.

Although it copies the formula from the previous film, it doesn't disappoint. It gives us a solid addition to the franchise without losing the spirit of where it came from.

And believe it or not, it even deepens the Terminator character as well. It gives us some laughs and callbacks to the previous film and aims to please fans.

Sure, certain action sequences are a bit more tiresome and unrealistic, but when you have cyborg warriors I guess anything is possible.

Twizard Rating: 91
August 5, 2015
Same formula, but not different enough to excel
August 3, 2015
Ehh... Not as good as the first two. Still a fun film, though.
June 2, 2013
Sure it has good special effects and it has some exciting moments but it really doesn't have the same feel as the other entries in the franchise. It's a complete filler movie that was definitely made for the sole purpose of making money. It's the weakest one in the franchise for sure. It lacks any real heart or soul. The story just feels really forced. That's not to say that there isn't some fun to be had with the movie, because it has a lot of chase scenes that are kind of enjoyable. The two main things I kept asking myself was "what's the point?" and "why do I care?".