Terror Train (1980)
Average Rating: 4.8/10
Reviews Counted: 11
Fresh: 4 | Rotten: 7
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 2
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 1
Average Rating: 2.9/5
User Ratings: 5,307
Riding the coattails of the resurgent boom in horror films after the success of Halloween, Terror Train features teeth-chattering direction by Roger Spottiswoode and pristine cinematography from John Alcott. The story is the basic slasher film premise, remounted on a moving train. A college fraternity decides to hold a New Year's Eve party on a train. But an uninvited guest, a disturbed ex-fraternity member, decides to take revenge on the partying students by killing them off one by one in
Jan 1, 1980 Wide
Sep 7, 2004
Watch It Now
Jamie Lee Curtis
Latest News on Terror Train
September 15, 2008:Two Terror Trains Leave the Station
You thought it was bad when we started seeing a ton of remakes come out of Hollywood? Well, now...
June 29, 2005:Rin Tin Tin Returns to Family Room
ComingSoon.net shares a press release from Family Room Entertainment that divulges the following:...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Really darn great by slasher standards, and even kind of pretty good by the standards of decent, functional, God-fearing modes of cinema.
A run-of-the-mill slasher film whose central gimmick is setting its action on a train.
Just a little more skillfully done than many of its contemporaries, and whatever esteem I have for it is largely nostalgic, but at least it tries to be different.
Sends you a chill down the spine that won't subside until those final few minutes...see it before the upcoming remake
Just another slasher picture.
Audience Reviews for Terror Train
- Alana: Jesus, I don't know who it is anymore!
- Alana: Kenny, you're better than him.
- Kenny Hampson: Kiss me, Alana.
- Doc Manley: Now I promised these dorks I was gonna come up with something truly special.
- Alana: Yeah, really special. Put a kid in the hospital. Oh, I'm sorry. Did I ruin your punch line?
- Mitchy: Well, uh, you know what they say? Cold hands, warm heart.
- Carne: (tells a conductor) Give me the axe. (Turns and looks to the young teen; who's trying to play hero) Before you go, you take a look at the bodies of some of your friends. Is it worth that, son? Well, is it worth it?
Discuss Terror Train on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- Le Monstre du train (FR)