Terrorgram

100% Orphan Black: Season 2

Terrorgram Reviews

ehrenb
September 17, 2008
[font='Times New Roman'][color=#000000][color=red]Terrorgram [/color][color=white]is a trilogy of supernatural tales of retribution. Though it is obvious they had no money to do the film I found it interesting and actually enjoyed it. I bought it at a garage sale for $2 bucks as fulfillment for a scavenger hunt, you needed a movie know one had seen, (and no I didn't win someone had seen it!) James Earl Jones is the off screen "Voice of Retribution" and he intros the three tales which each have the same Special Deliveryman delivering a package to each of the three main characters, when they open their "Special Delivery" they are inadvertently taking responsibility for their past transaction and must now pay for their sins. The first tale "Heroine Overdose" is about a chauvinist b-movie director Alan Smythee (which is the pseudonym for directors who want their name removed from a project because it stinks so bad) who is delivered his own crappy sexploitation scripts and finds he has to replay his most notorious scenes except this time around he is the bimbo. The title is a clever play on the word Heroin as in the drug and Heroine as in a female. The second tale is "Pandora" and it is an updated version of the Greek classic. Here, Angela Pandoras, a local news anchor looking to make network, runs down a small child on her way to the studio. She flees the scene fearing her career will be ruined if she is placed at the scene of the crime. That night the Deliveryman delivers a child's toy; a jack-in-the-box which the now dead boy had been carrying. The toy (her guilt) terrorizes her as it leaps out of the toy and consumes her. In the end she becomes the thing she fears the most - herself. The last story, "Veteran's Day" is my favorite and the most compelling. The story opens with Keller crawling out of his bed still in his street clothes to find that his wife and family have left him. Keller is delivered a hand-written journal from Lawrence Novotny. We discover that they were classmates together in college in 1968 at the height of the Viet Nam War. Novotny dropped out of school and Keller turned him in to the draft board. Now years later, his remains come back and escort Keller back in time to Nam in '68 where he must relive the fate he assigned Novotny to. A harrowing story and one that will move anyone who, like myself, lost a loved one during the war. This story has particularly strong acting from the two leads; Mike Hartson and J.T. Wallace. As I stated, it is obvious they had little resources to shoot this film with but I must admit I liked it better than most video I rent that I've never heard of. I think the concept would make for an excellent TV series. Tune in this week and see what scumbag gets his just desserts - a thought anyhow![/color] [/color][/font]