• Directed By:
    John Luessenhop
    In Theaters:
    Jan 4, 2013 Wide
    On DVD:
    May 14, 2013
  • Lionsgate Films

Idiots

You know, they wouldn't keep making shitty cash grabs like this if people weren't stupid enough to see them.
Cody H.
12-22-2012 10:17 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

D Williams

William Dreyfus

I love blood and guts but at least give me an original story to go with it.

Jan 11 - 02:27 PM

Sarmad Qayyum

Sarmad Qayyum

I haven't seen it but it looks and sounds bad.If I wrote the script I would have incorporated the original into this by keeping all the original characters.Leatherface,his father and his grandfather all ran and would try to take revenge against sally for the death of the hitchhiker(brother of leatherface).That would have made more sense.

Jan 8 - 07:36 AM

Samuel Mcmillin

Samuel Mcmillin

how do I get into the secret hollywood cabal that keeps producing horrible movies like this and making tens of millions of dollars off of them? Where do I send my intentionally awful screenplay?

Jan 7 - 11:34 AM

Sarmad Qayyum

Sarmad Qayyum

Oh you have a potentially bad idea for a movie that's worth millions of dollars?FOX would be happy to help you on the road to greatness. :D

Jan 8 - 08:13 AM

John Dombroski

John Dombroski

It honestly baffles me that anyone can think this was a good movie in any shape or form. Any one of us could have wrote a better script, and everyone working on this movie had to have known this. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize your MAIN CHARACTER is half her fucking age as the result of the basic plot point of your movie. Also, if you spend the entirety of a movie describing how brutal, sadistic, malicious, and ruthless a group of people are, WHY WOULD YOU SPEND THE FUCKING SEQUEL DEFENDING THEM. SHE TEAMED UP WITH HIM AFTER HE KILLED EVERYONE SHE WAS WITH AND ATTEMPTED TO KILL HER.

Jan 6 - 11:25 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

FUCK THIS SHITTY ASS MOVIE DUMB FAT BURGER EATING YANKS WOULD RATHER GO SEE SHITTY MOVIES LIKE THIS THAN DREDD AND THE AMERICAN IDIOTS LET DREDD FLOP AND RE-ELECT THAT CLOSET MUSLIM OBAMA. FUCK ALL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

Jan 6 - 12:52 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

u mad bro?

Jan 6 - 02:25 PM

Daniel G.

Daniel Ganser

What's it like to be filled with that much hate?

Jan 6 - 02:54 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

ITS GREAT IT ALLOWS ME TO USE THE DARKSIDE OF THE FORCE.

Jan 6 - 02:56 PM

Chase The Lost

You're a total jackass.

Jan 6 - 03:50 PM

James P.

James Phoenix

You've been watching the shitty Star Wars prequels too much, queer.

Jan 6 - 05:03 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

FUCK OFF BITCH BEFORE I CHOKE YOU TO DEATH WITH THE POWER OF THE DARKSIDE OF THE FORCE.

Jan 7 - 05:01 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Get the fuck out of here you fat cocksucking ass-licking homo

Jan 7 - 09:50 AM

Facebook User

Facebook User

FUCK OFF YOU GLASS EYED MASK WEARING FAGGOT. GO STICK YOUR BALLS IN A BEAR TRAP YOU FAT UGLY SON OF A BITCH.

Jan 7 - 11:05 AM

ThoroughlyEntertainOrDie

Thoroughly Entertain Me Or Die

STAR WARS FANBOY ALERT!

Jan 7 - 01:36 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

STUUUUUUUUUUUPID CUNT!

Jan 7 - 01:37 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

@geordie Shitlands- What is obsession with cocks?

Jan 7 - 04:42 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

everyone! search the Hobbit and look for the discussion page " Geordie newlands" go now, and share your comments on this unlikeable man...wait you aren't a man, you're a child..... i forgot

Jan 7 - 05:12 PM

Micah Berman

Micah Berman

i can't help but agree with Geordie here. Obama is a closet muslim, oh and dredd was amazing, you people are missing out.

Jan 6 - 10:34 PM

Ethan Steers

Ethan Steers

LOL you liked Jack Reacher.

Jan 6 - 01:12 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

LOL so did a lot of people, dipshit.

Jan 6 - 12:44 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

DIE IN A FIRE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT QUIT DEFENDING YOUR BOYFRIEND YOU RAGING HOMO.

Jan 6 - 12:50 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Oh Geordie. So young, so queer.

Jan 6 - 02:19 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

stop sucking dick for free, faggot

Jan 7 - 09:51 AM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Speaking as a person who has seen Jack Reacher and Texas Chainsaw, if you have a choice between the two, go with Reacher.

Jan 6 - 02:19 PM

James P.

James Phoenix

How the fuck does Jack Reacher have anything to do with Texas Bullshit 3D? Fuck you, Ethan Steers.

Jan 6 - 05:02 PM

Max M.

Max Molinaro

You can't just call people idiots for liking a film, no matter how good of bad it is to you. It‚??s like saying someone is an idiot for like burgers over hot dogs or vice versa. All films and art is art is subjective. This post is just plain ignorant

Jan 5 - 05:31 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

wrong, just wrong

Jan 6 - 11:52 AM

Jeff Brown

Jeff Brown

Why any sane human would even ever consider watching anything remotely close to this crap is beyond me. Worse than any garbage ever flushed down your septic tank.

Jan 5 - 05:09 PM

Micah Berman

Micah Berman

A...GREED, no wait. i grammared that wrong. or did i?

Jan 6 - 10:36 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

i knew it would suck

Jan 5 - 12:54 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

My goodness. If I had known that people were going to get offended by this, I would've tried to sound a lot more offensive. But I guess I can do it now. Enjoy your shitfest, dumbasses.

Jan 5 - 11:52 AM

Chase The Lost

Cody, I can't tell if you're a troll or just really stupid. If you are going to bother us with your sophomoric whining about these "cash grabs" as you call them, then I suggest you revise your "best of 2012" list. You're missing Flight, Silver Linings Playbook, and Lincoln at the very least. Either you're a whiny little kid or a man-child. Any way you cut it, you're the only idiot here. I've wasted enough of my time on your nonsense.

Jan 5 - 07:38 AM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

I'm sure those movie were good, but I didn't see them. And I don't see how those movies have anything to do with this piece of shit.

Jan 5 - 11:39 AM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

I'm sure those movies were good, but I didn't see them. Do you ever use your head before you start to comment?

Jan 5 - 11:40 AM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Why are you comparing Silver Linings Playbook to Texas Chainsaw 3D?

Jan 5 - 11:58 AM

Chase The Lost

I'm not. Read carefully. Jesus, you people are fucking retarded

Jan 5 - 01:29 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Yeah and you're a perfect example of that.

Jan 5 - 01:57 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

Good. Please don't waste any more of my time. If you actually want to see this, then you're the idiot. And, I'm sure those movies were good, but here's the thing...This is gonna blow your mind...I DIDN'T SEE THEM. Holy shit! I know, mid blown, right? Fuck off, asshole.

Jan 5 - 12:01 PM

Chase The Lost

I never said I wanted to see the movie. Not once. My point was that if you're going to make a "best of" list, then you need to watch the critically acclaimed films and lose your "cash grab" films on your list. I'm shocked that you still don't understand this. Lol it's actually remotely comical.

Jan 5 - 01:55 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

It's not a "best of" list. It's the ones I saw that stood out to me. I didn't see everything this year, but let's see: Django Unchained, Looper, The Dark Knight Rises, Argo, Skyfall, End of Watch and The Grey were all critically acclaimed you moron.

Jan 5 - 02:00 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

What would do define as "acclaimed". 100% and nothing lower? Because his top 10 are all fresh ratings.

Jan 5 - 02:04 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

What would you define as "critically acclaimed"? 100% and nothing lower? Because all the movies in his top 10 have fresh ratings, dipshit.

Jan 5 - 02:05 PM

James P.

James Phoenix

You're an idiot, Chase.

Jan 5 - 02:08 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Oh yeah. You're defending some shithole slasher flick and yet he's the idiot? Hahahahahahahaha

Jan 5 - 12:02 PM

Chase The Lost

I never defended the flick. It's shocking to me how stupid people are anymore. Nobody takes the time to read and if they do, they don't comprehend.

Jan 5 - 01:31 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

If you aren't defending it, then why do you feel the need to insult Cody and call him an idiot? Do you just like attention?

Jan 5 - 01:55 PM

Larry Kwiatkowski

Larry Kwiatkowski

It was okay,don't bother with the 3d.Also there is a funny end of credits scene.

Jan 5 - 05:21 AM

John Hanlon

John Hanlon

Just got back from seeing it, It was a cool little thing to see being a 14 year old but man it was really short. For me it was okay. I get why all the hate its getting in my opinion its a 6.5/10

Jan 4 - 04:35 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Yeah, I'm totally with you. This is the armpit of filmmaking.

Jan 4 - 04:23 PM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

First it was The Amazing Spider Man, now this. Tsk, tsk.

Jan 4 - 09:09 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Is there a reason why everything you post is meaningless bullshit?

Jan 4 - 01:17 PM

James P.

James Phoenix

Oh good. The troll is back. Here to give us an opinion that while making no sense whatsoever, is also something that nobody cares about.

Jan 4 - 01:36 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

The Amazing Spider-Man? What the hell are you talking about?

Jan 4 - 08:12 PM

Keijon Ford

Keijon Ford

Cody yhu sir are a bandwagon. It actually looks like it had a thought process & has some decent acting not the best so watch a movie before you start judging it because people like you don't make any difference to the film whether you like it or not

Jan 4 - 12:25 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Hahahaha. A thought process? Decent acting? What fucking trailer did you see?

Jan 4 - 01:24 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

Well sir, I gave the last three Chainsaw movies a chance and they all sucked big time, so I'm not keen on seeing this one. And if you think that this movie will have, as you say, "a thought process", then I'm pretty sure you don't understand what this series is about. So, let me tell you. About three or four 25 year old CW rejects who couldn't get a part in One Tree Hill playing teenagers are going to be running from a masked guy with a chainsaw. A few of them will fuck each other shortly before getting dismembered in some way and then the final girl will either get away at the end or get slaughtered as well. So, if you want to waste your hard earned money on that piece of shit, go right ahead.

Jan 4 - 01:32 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Keijon, you sir are a dumbass. Youu really think that some stupid slasher film is gonna have any brains to it whatsoever? Have you ever seen one before?

Jan 4 - 02:45 PM

Preston Marietta

Preston Marietta

He is just trying to be a little optimistic here....dang

Jan 5 - 04:14 PM

Maryam N.

Maryam Nazari

i think this movie will be cool‚?¶i only want to see it for the 3d scare factor‚?¶but I'm going wait to read AUDIENCE reviews first because critic reviews SUCK‚?¶i saw hunger games based on critic reviews and i can't believe i wasted over 2 hours of my life and hard earned money for that stupid movie!

Jan 3 - 09:25 PM

Lukas Krycek

Lukas Krycek

Says the guy who put a shitty cash grab on his top 10 of 2012

Jan 3 - 05:29 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

Could you be more specific so I can fully know what's going on inside of your genius mind?

Jan 3 - 08:27 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

I'd predict that he's talking about The Hobbit. If not Dark Knight Rises or The Avengers.

Jan 4 - 02:00 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

If that's true, then he really is an idiot.

Jan 4 - 02:28 PM

Preston Marietta

Preston Marietta

I liked the Hobbit. Could have been better, but what movie cant be better?

Jan 5 - 04:16 PM

Mike Gosselin

Mike Gosselin

i was reading an article and the director of the 1974 original said that this movie is incredible

Jan 2 - 01:49 PM

Preston Marietta

Preston Marietta

i think its ganna be okay

Jan 2 - 04:42 PM

justybear96

Justin Johnson

Everyone has their own opinions about everything. I am giving TEXAS CHAINSAW a chance. You guys have seen the trailer and maybe a clip from it, and you're already blowing it off. Good for you, way to "judge a book by it's cover." I am not defending the movie. I just would rather for you all to wait and watch the movie, then bash on it if you don't like it. Be mature about it instead of calling other people names for having different opinions. And I guess I am stupid enough to see this.

Jan 1 - 07:36 PM

Nick Meise

Nick Meise

They even left out "Massacre." I understand dumbing down movies for mass profit, but are you kidding me? We're basically handfeeding audiences these days and it's going to get worse.

Jan 1 - 05:41 PM

Payton Kiesewetter

Payton Kiesewetter

Just guessing here, but they may have decided to take out the "Massacre" portion of the title due to the recent shootings and massacres that have occurred recently. Still, Texas Chainsaw 3D is a pretty bad title.

Jan 6 - 09:50 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Why do I have the feeling this won't be screened for critics. Lucky them.

Jan 1 - 02:03 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

i agree, this is a super stupid attempt for cash.looks like a poorly made movie too, only a moron would pay to watch the same thing 8 times.

Dec 31 - 11:42 PM

Eric McManus

Eric McManus

guess I'm a moron. :P

Jan 3 - 12:31 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

noooooooo, dont do it !!!!!

Jan 3 - 12:03 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Yep you are.

Jan 3 - 11:31 PM

Joshua Wilburn

Joshua Wilburn

I don't know what it was in the early 2000s but everyone just loved bad remakes. I have noticed that it is dying. Yes more remakes are being made but the box office for the genre is depleting. Now I will say not all remakes are bad, I'm just saying true thought and originality has to be put into them now. 21 Jump Street & Cabin In The Woods are perfect examples from this year.

Dec 31 - 05:18 PM

Jake McDowell

Jake McDowell

21 Jump Street was also a remake, Cabin In The Woods was not.

Jan 1 - 08:37 AM

Synth Dev

Synth Dev

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is boring and isn't scary.

Dec 30 - 07:49 PM

ThoroughlyEntertainOrDie

fool! every horror movie from the 70s is scarier than the crap hollywood makes today. that shit looked real! scary used to mean it would haunt you for days on end. the original does this. today, scary means dragging fake and plastic entrails on the cement. horror is scary, my friend. gore does not necessarily mean horror. and therefore gore does not always mean scary.

Dec 31 - 11:52 AM

Robby Barrows

Robby Barrows

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was extremely scary and thrilling since we were forced to use our imaginations. Gore? Its a cheap, stupid ploy of people who don't understand film making.

Jan 1 - 08:32 PM

ThoroughlyEntertainOrDie

Examples of such cash grabs:
Transformers
Resident Evil
Every zombie ever made in the 21st century
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Twilight

Dec 30 - 04:50 PM

Ivan Escobedo

Ivan Escobedo

I hope you don't mean the original "A Nightmare on Elm Street." That one was very unique, symbolic, and clever, even if it fit into the slasher genre. Also, only some of the zombie movies are cash grabs. You can count out "Shawn of the Dead," and the "28 Days/Weeks Later films." Those were at least made with an actual thought process behind them.

Jan 3 - 11:09 PM

hansolo64

Yodaman Solo

I agree with the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Excellent flick.

Jan 4 - 06:24 AM

ThoroughlyEntertainOrDie

yes, with the exception of the first NES movie, everything after is a cash grab.

Jan 4 - 11:07 PM

Payton Kiesewetter

Payton Kiesewetter

Even Wes Craven's New Nightmare? That one was pretty creative. I thought it was nearly as good as the original.

Jan 6 - 09:53 AM

ThoroughlyEntertainOrDie

if you thought that new nightmare movie was good, you have some serious retardation problems.

Jan 7 - 01:38 PM

Joe Bazooka

Joe Bazooka

People aren't going to see these for originality or great filmmaking. Sure, they are all really the same movie, but so are most romantic comedies and plenty of movies in other genres. It's called escapism and horror films, bad or good do a better job at taking people out of reality than movies from other genres. They're more like rollercoasters than pieces of art.

Dec 29 - 05:25 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

that's the problem with cinema today, they're all the same and copy each other, little individuality or originality

Dec 29 - 08:35 PM

Mitch Andrews

Mitch Andrews

who the fuck are you calling stupid?

Dec 29 - 11:24 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Apparently you.

Dec 29 - 12:25 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

If you are getting offended by this, then you really are stupid.

Dec 29 - 12:26 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

You.

Dec 29 - 12:31 PM

Joe Wonder

Joe Wonder

Bet you're still a virgin, VIRGIN!

Jan 1 - 11:47 AM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Okay then. At least I'm not seeing this piece of shit like you probably will.

Jan 3 - 11:32 PM

Jennifer Ricketson-Meade

Jennifer Ricketson-Meade

unfortnately they will always exist so you're meaningful whining won't solve anything.

Dec 27 - 09:09 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

But you found his "meaningful whining" worthy enough of your opinion.

Dec 29 - 12:25 PM

Rob Chapman

Rob Chapman

Unfortunately, people who use the word "you're" instead of "your" will always exist too.

Dec 29 - 08:26 PM

Omar Kooliyat

Omar Kooliyat

Your is for Possession, You're is short for you are.

Rob, you just went full retard.

Jan 1 - 07:39 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Can you say RED DAWN?

Dec 24 - 09:36 AM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Number of Red Dawn movies: 2
Number of Texas Chainsaw movies: 8

Which one is the bigger cash grab?

Dec 29 - 12:31 PM

Rob Chapman

Rob Chapman

Actually, there are 7 Chainsaw films. And I would call any of them cash grabs.....except the new one, since its ONLY selling point is that it's in 3D.

Dec 29 - 08:29 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

Does it make any fuckin difference whether there's 7 or 8?

Dec 30 - 05:39 PM

Rob Chapman

Rob Chapman

@Mick, the Red Dawn remake is a completely worthless, piece of garbage. Texas Chainsaw 3D, while certainly unnecessary & definitely a cash crab, isn't trying to be anything other than a mindless slasher film.

Dec 29 - 08:32 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Actually I threw out that question because Cody defended it on another board...whatever

Dec 30 - 09:12 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

You're a dick..whatever.

Dec 31 - 08:55 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Yeah that really makes you sound like an asshole, Mick.

Jan 3 - 11:32 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

I'm a dick and asshole? For what, throwing an inside joke at Cody? The fuck is wrong with you people?

Jan 4 - 08:37 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

It's because on every goddamn thread you have to mention Red Dawn in some way. I didn't even see it, but I know it ain't worth complaining about it that much.

Jan 7 - 10:08 PM

Keijon Ford

Keijon Ford

It's an original story so see it then say something

Jan 2 - 07:27 PM

Payton Kiesewetter

Payton Kiesewetter

A guy running around and slashing up a bunch of teenagers is an original story? Guess we should've handed out some Oscars to the Friday the 13th series.

Jan 6 - 09:55 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile