• R, 1 hr. 35 min.

100% Orphan Black: Season 2

garyX
garyX

April 2, 2007
Nick Naylor is possibly the most hated man in America; his job is basically to peddle poison to children. But it pays the mortgage...This extremely clever and insightful satire of today's climate of political spin is incredibly sharply written and has lots of laugh out loud moments as it deconstructs the methods used by PR men in the 21st century; even the "good guys" do not emerge unscathed as they are shown to use exactly the same tactics (see the hilarious scene when William H. Macy bemoans the quality of his TV "cancer kid"!). It may not have the flash and bangs of Lord Of War, but it has far more depth; in fact it reminded me more of an updated version of American Psycho. Instead of the hands on greed of the 80s satirised in that film, it shows how the immoral earn their corporate cash through hypocrisy and double talk these days rather than getting their "hands dirty". I couldn't help feeling that Jason Reitman got more carried away with making a political point and smart dialogue than dramatic momentum and so the plot lacked focus, but the cast are all superb and it contains witty and stylish visual and voice over cues in a similar vein to Fight Club and a great soundtrack. Very funny, very clever.
paul o.
paul o.

October 31, 2011
Cleaver Thats the best way to describe this movie and the way Aaron Eckhart acts throughout the whole movie. Enjoy!
Apeneck F

April 10, 2012
Lying's not murder, is it ... and that's the popular wisdom, a thought that guides many existences, but in this flush comedy the lead proclaims, no, sneers that Genghis Khan's got nothing on him as he's the charming and suave mouthpiece for big tobacco. A quick, smart script and smooth direction round out this very enjoyable visit to the darkest of dark sides while admitting, with a smile, no wrongdoing.
Jason R

January 18, 2012
Aaron Eckhart is so legit in this movie. Excellent script, excellent direction -- one of those movies that you enjoy so much you don't mind getting preached to a bit.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

July 8, 2009
Don't hide the truth. Just filter it.

This was a very clever and smart film. The story is quite funny and impressive. Aaron Eckhart in one of his best roles as an actor. The cast is very good and quirky which really dominated the film throughout. A very good recommended film for everyone who has a sense of humor.

The chief spokesperson and lobbyist Nick Naylor is the Vice-President of the Academy of Tobacco Studies. He is talented in speaking and spins argument to defend the cigarette industry in the most difficult situations. His best friends are Polly Bailey that works in the Moderation Council in alcohol business, and Bobby Jay Bliss of the gun business own advisory group SAFETY. They frequently meet each other in a bar and they self-entitle the Mod Squad a.k.a. Merchants of Death, disputing which industry has killed more people. Nick's greatest enemy is Vermont's Senator Ortolan Finistirre, who defends in the Senate the use a skull and crossed bones in the cigarette packs. Nick's son Joey Naylor lives with his mother, and has the chance to know his father in a business trip. When the ambitious reporter Heather Holloway betrays Nick disclosing confidences he had in bed with her, his life turns upside-down. But Nick is good in what he does for the mortgage.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 6, 2011
Thank You For Smoking is a comedy satire film that brilliantly acted by Aaron Eckhart. Eckhart plays a tobacco Lobbyist named Nick Naylor and his job is to make his dangerous product more appealing. The film is a brilliant look at moral and political values and mixes them with smart, well constructed comedy. Aaron Eckhart give a hilarious, witty performance. This film is satire at its best, and is a terrific film with a strong cast of actors. Thank You For Smoking is almost a flawless film. The film successfully combines comedy with a serious topic and the plot is brilliant. The acting here ia solid and every cast member gives a solid performance. Thank You For Smoking is an accomplished satire. Aaron Eckhart's character is well written and Eckhart is perfect for the part. I loved the use of serious content mixed with comedic elements to get the films point across. Thank You For Smoking has a smartly crafted script and the film is almost perfect in every way. I really do recommend this film to anyone who enjoys a good satirical film. One things for sure, despite its uneven moments, Aaron Eckhart's stellar acting make up for it, and it makes Thank You For Smoking a film that has a rich flavorful blend. of delightful satire. This is a smart film that is brilliantly acted and executed. An almost flawless film, Thank You For Smoking is an entertaining worthwhile experience.
Drake T

May 17, 2011
A brilliant comedy about the truth and how it has nothing to do with being right or wrong. That being judged isn't something to be ashamed of but merely a consequence of social ideologies. All strung together with the story of an average Joe just doing what he does best.
Kristijonas F

March 18, 2011
An audaciously witty satire. Aaron Eckhart pulls off a pitch-perfect performance as the "morally-flexible" protagonist.
Jay H

February 18, 2011
As a Jason Reitman fan, I'm predisposed to enjoy his films, but this film was absolutely fabulous. This film is very funny and is about as entertaining as any film you'll find. There's really not much to say about it, nothing to analyze, nothing exciting to say. It's just an incredibly entertaining film.
Albert K

January 25, 2011
An entertaining "dramedy"
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

May 23, 2006
Definitely a smart comedy from Jason Reitman...!!! He directs and writes a really great comedy about a spokesman that convincing people nothing is wrong with smoking and cigarettes, in facts that cigarettes kills 1200 people everyday... Aaron Eckhart delivers a Golden Globe worthy performance in this movie, not good enough for the Oscar, but he really deserved a Golden Globe nominee for Best Actor - Comedy or Musical, and I'm glad that he actually gets it... The other cast did a great job too, from the senior casts like William H. Macy, Robert Duvall, J.K. Simmons, until the young casts like Adam Brody til Cameron Bright did a really great job... I really love this movie because this movie is different from an usual comedy movie, it was a smart comedy... A great job from Jason Reitman and Aaron Eckhart...!!!
Emile T

February 3, 2008
Excellent satirical comedy.
I'm starting to love Aaron Eckart, and Jason Reitman is a really impressive director.
Alexis N

July 8, 2010
i thought it was clever, smart, witty, good, funny.. not ha-ha funny, but hum-makes-you-think.
familiar s

January 9, 2009
I'd heard of the movie, but had avoided it so far because going by the title, it sounded a bit uninteresting to me. However, I watched it being recommended by my bro (who hadn't watched it either before we saw it together today; dunno who recommended it to him), & I must say that it was a pretty good time pass flick. Aaron Eckhart's performance is quite stupendous. I'm sure Nick Naylor must be saying, "Thank You For Watching"!!!

Go for it if you're looking for some entertainment sans enlightenment ;)
Flutie A

May 31, 2010
Not sure I'll ever need to watch it again, but it was pretty entertaining. Aaron Eckhart was very good!
Al S

December 31, 2006
A wild, politically incorrect and terrifically entertaining comedy. Smart, stylish, hilarious and excellent. Well written and well made. A dark comedy filled with politics, flat-out funny laughs and a surprising heart. A brilliant cast of actors who deliver the goods. Aaron Eckhart gives a charismatic, slick and sensational performance. Gut-busting and eye-opening. Uproariously fun and insightful. Clever, wicked but always a guilty pleasure. You wont see a better acted or compelling comedy than this.
cosmo313
cosmo313

June 9, 2006
A fun, smart, and entertaining satire with a good message. It's not the most original one (take personal responsibility) but that hardly matters. The script is witty and full of great lines, the performances are great, and the direction is focused, but still loose and breezy. It's not insanely hilarious like I thought it was going to be, but it's still a good movie anyway.
Megan S

March 5, 2007
This is one of those movies that I really wish I had seen sooner because I liked it so much. Aaron Eckhart was definitely an appropriate choice for the main character.
Anthony L

October 1, 2009
A really enjoyable film! Aaron Eckhart is become one of my favourite actors, his performance is faultless. The film isn't really about smoking, it?s about morals and politics and whether they can ever go hand in hand. Its direction, script and its says-it-like-it-is attitude makes it a breath of fresh air! After all, how many times did you actually see someone smoke throughout the whole film? That's right, you didn't! J.K Simmons and Rob Lowe lead some great supporting actors but it could have done without the irritating Katie Holmes and that scary looking child.