The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: My First Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: My First Adventure Reviews

½ May 23, 2008
One of the closest to the feel of an Indiana Jones movie, with there being a supernatural feel at times. Gets wrapped up pretty fast but the story is concluded in 'Spring Break Adventure'.
April 13, 2013
A fun and educational TV film, My First Adventure follows young Indiana Jones on an exciting journey, first to Cairo then to Tangiers. It's chock-full of charismatic, wonderful set pieces, and gorgeous scenery.
March 1, 2013
The First Film In The Young Indiana Jones Series, Shows Young Indy's First 2 Adventures. The First Takes Place In Egypt As Young Indy & His Teacher Uncover A Tomb Alongside The Archelogical Team Working On The Project, But Then One Of The Teams Members Is Murdered. Then We Swiftly Move On To Tangiers Where Young Indy is Kidnapped & Sold Into Slavery. Enjoyable TV Movie Which Features The First 2 Episodes Of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV Series Edited Together To Make A Feature Length Episode.
July 9, 2011
Perfect mix of adventure, history, heart, morality, and good advice. Loved seeing a younger 'Mr. Gibbs' in the supporting cast in the last third of the story!
November 20, 2009
Don't think this is good enough to have Indiana Jones as part of the title. Probably not that bad if you are under 10 and haven't seen any other Indiana Jones stuff.
July 8, 2009
Very enjoyable adventures of a younger, crazier Indy.
March 21, 2009
This was actually two adventures (episodes) combined into one, without the original "moral of the story" bookends. However, I'm not sure what Lucas was thinking, because the first story doesn't come to a final conclusion before the second story abruptly begins. I thought maybe I accidentally bumped the "skip chapter" button on my remote, but I didn't.

Regardless, the two stories are somewhat interesting and they give you a hint into how this boy ultimately became the well-known Indiana Jones. Much care seemed to be put into the geography, historical context and depiction of other cultures. During Indy's first adventure, he meets Lawrence of Arabia.
½ March 5, 2009
Of all the episodes of Young Indy this one suffered the most from his rejigging and reformating of the show. The first part is enjoyable enough, though strangely shoddy looking compared to its conclusion in Spring Break Adventure. Also the script is a bit hopeless, seeing Indy taking his first steps and all is rather sweet, but solving a crime because the perpetrator (the site bomb expert) Left his dynamite plunger in the arms of a mummy??! Completely nonsensical. It also ends far too abruptly, with Demitrious telling Ned Lawrence that 'you'll never find it' (the stolen jackel) and Ned seemingly going, alright so , on your way. The second part is okay, but it looks very shoddy. Stories alright though, not an episode I'd watch much really
February 8, 2009
I think this is the one that kicked off the series... definitely worth watching.
½ January 1, 2009
The Young Adventures of Indiana Jones is not nearly as adventurous as the older Indiana Jones. I really didn't enjoy the film. I felt the film was a giant cultural lesson in mummies, Egypt, and child slavery.
½ October 3, 2008
Some really ropey morals, dodgy stereotypes and wooden acting. Some good performances though, such as Henry Jones Sr.
July 29, 2008
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the name of the movie "Curse of the Jackel"? Other than that mistake, good movie.
July 16, 2008
This wasnt bad, but it wasn't good either. I didn't like the little Indiana Jones too much. He didn't do anything that was actually adventurous.
½ June 7, 2008
Yay! T.E. Lawrence. He shows up in some of the later episodes.
June 1, 2008
educational, entertaining and indiana jones!
½ May 24, 2008
Abysmal repackaging of the tv show that disrupts the storytelling flow. Can we not leave well enough alone?
½ May 23, 2008
May 8, 2008
Why did Lucas feed the need to mess up this show. He took two seperate episodes, removed the Old Indy bumpers and combined them into one "film." In the process, they completely lose what made them interesting, namely the perspective of the old man! Also, there is no bridge to explain the jump in time/locale. It just happens so you're sitting there watching Indy in Egypt then all of a sudden he's in Morrocco...???? Wtf? Stupid Lucas.
April 16, 2008
I loved this whole series.