The Castle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Castle Reviews

October 1, 2009
A fantastic Aussie comedy with a great cast. Definitely worth seeking out!
TomBowler
September 2, 2009
possibly the greatest aussie film ever, the castle is inspired. film in a crazy 14 days, the castle has stood the test of time and is responsible for some of the great aussie catch phrases used today.
June 9, 2007
Every Aussie's favourite movie - Liz made me watch it Valentine's Day 2005. It's like a movie-version of Neighbours!
½ July 25, 2007
So Australian. :)
½ August 22, 2009
A kind-hearted, Australian working class, family man fights to keep his home when the nearby airport serves notice they are taking the land for expansion. The story is told through the eyes of the youngest son, a not so bright but always engaged teenager who loves his family and greatly admires his father. While reminiscent of other independent dysfunctional family offerings like Little Miss Sunshine, the Kerrigan family is not so much dysfunctional as they are people of meager means and expectations who are thankful for all they have. The cast does an excellent job of bringing to life the colorful characters.
June 19, 2009
I love this movie. Everything about it is right and funny. Hell, I would want to be apart of this family. My advice is buy this movie its is worth it!
December 16, 2007
Absolutely hilarious. The Kerrigan family is now one of my favorite screen families. Working-class, down-to-earth, and happy with the simple things. Michael Caton is spot-on as the patriarch who adores his kin, and their love for each other rubbed off on me within the first five minutes. A great David vs Goliath story with genuine, heartfelt laughs throughout. Good on you, Darryl!
½ November 16, 2006
good on ya Daryl!!! He's dreamin'. This is an absolutely darling yet sharp sharp movie. What is love? It's what these guys have!
January 29, 2015
Without question, the greatest Australian film ever made. Full review later.
January 2, 2015
This is the best family movie ever...it is going straight to the pool room. Only my FBI agent friend didn't like it of many friends that have seen it. I think that might be a recommendation in itself.
½ December 1, 2014
Very Funny unique with a fantastic cast. Get ready to laugh!
July 19, 2014
A beautifully straightforward comedy that succeeds in the difficult task of giving an audience sympathy for its completely thick characters and their plight to keep their mediocre house.
June 26, 2014
Australian humour at its best
June 26, 2014
A true blue Aussie cult classic at its finest.
June 23, 2014
An Australian film that touches on families values and love for each other and their friends. Overcomes prejudice and embraces diversity in only the way an Australian could with being offensive. Plenty of feel good belly laughs and lots of one liners to take away.
½ May 17, 2014
Some good laughs as the characters are introduced, but it's not quite as charming and funny as you'd hope.
December 3, 2013
Australian film with plenty of heart but not as funny as I wished.
September 26, 2010
Hilarious and highly quotable. Proves that having a big budget isn't everything.
January 23, 2014
Almost as good as the Dish
November 5, 2013
About as Australian as it gets. It's just the vibe y'know.