The Dead Zone Reviews

September 24, 2007
I rather stuck on the TV Series.
May 16, 2007
Good show. Hard to believe that this is the same geek that was stealing panties in John Hughes movies. Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Malcolm MacDowell?
½ July 4, 2009
Tried a little too hard.
January 3, 2008
½ August 7, 2007
Anthony Michael Hall is no Christopher Walken but I think he still should've been nominated for his great work in the first 2 seasons. He does his best work in those seasons I think. The show is still good but it's sorta dragging on and the John Smith character is less engaging than he once was.
March 7, 2006
My favorite TV show! Anthony Michael Hall is awesome, and the series is full of suspense, mystery, and very intersting plotlines.
April 6, 2009
I was a fan of the series. I just now watched the movie. I like Anthony Michael Hall in this role. I'm not sure why it's 'R'. No language, virtually no violence, one joke with a sexual theme-that was about it. So don't let the 'R' Rating fool you. It does have a TV movie feel though.
October 11, 2007
Damn over the years Anthony Michael Hall has become really Sexy!!! luv this show.. It has become my favorite!! :)
½ August 9, 2007
This series has never gotten the credit it deserves. A creative expansion of the original story by Stephen King, we go deeper into Johnny's dead zone, and watch him save people from horrible fates and change history, every week. The greater mythology--that of the Smith/Stillson relationship--has been unfolding over six seasons, with almost X-Files-like intrigue. We all know how this story is gonna end, but watching Johnny's ongoing battle to stop Stillson's political rise is riveting. Sure, there's the occasional filler episode, but there are also ones that elevate to near-cinematic level. Anthony Michael Hall is beautifully cast as Johnny--despite what people may think, he has excellent leading man appeal--and is supported by some strong actors like Sean Patrick Flanery, David Ogden Stiers and--in the last couple of seasons, another fave of mine--Martin Donovan. I'm up to the current season (six), "The Season That Changes Everything," and my mother's TiVoing it for me. I can't wait to start devouring it.
June 8, 2007
This isn't the movie! It may be a movie but a tv movie...Not the christopher walken - stephen King movie!!!
½ May 15, 2007
the book and the original movie are both better, but this was a decent effort to bring the story to current times.
April 4, 2007
i like this show alot and watch it every chance i get..cant believe he was the geek in breakfast club and he is sooo damn good looking now.
March 26, 2007
I dig this show! Anthony Michael Hall has come a long way! My roomate looks like a younger (Weird Science) version of
February 20, 2007
Season One of the tv series. Follow the novel only so-so. But enjoyable. Anthony Michael Hall is very good.
January 30, 2007
Watched it way too many times when I was little b/c ch.13 played it a LOT on Saturdays. Hate the Roller Coaster.
January 27, 2007
Beautifully written and acted. Completely won my heart. The whole series is fantastic, my all time favorite, but this movie set the stage perfectly. I fell hard for AMH's Johnny Smith, conflicted, broken, yet hopeful and charming. For me it doesn't get much better.
August 3, 2010
I never heard of the original movie, but I discovered The Dead Zone through the USA television series. It quickly became one of my favorite shows because of the interesting spin on a detective type of show. However, it was soon canceled due to poor viewer ratings, so I decided to pick this movie up. It was good, but also really short. It's essentially just a long episode of the television series, but it does provide some background to Johnny's life. Overall, the acting isn't very stellar here, but it's solid for a television series. The plot is also quite predictable, but maybe that's because I was an avid viewer of the TV series before I watched the movie. Nonetheless, the movie is fun to watch and quite suspenseful at times. If you're a fan of the series or the original movie, I'd pick this one up, if not you're not missing much of this made for TV movie.
June 16, 2010
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkorchid]When I am not renting movie. I am renting TV shows. My latest one I have been watching is, The Dead Zone. I liked the book by Steven King. And loved the movie. So I wasn't sure I would like the the TV version of it. I really got into it. So I went and rented the second season of The Dead Zone. I think season two was just as good, if not better than the first season. Looking forward in seeing season three.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#9932cc]Donna A.[/color][/size][/font]
½ June 16, 2010
[color=black]The Dead Zone has been on for a couple years and I generally avoided it because I thought it looked too scary at first and too stupid at second. Out of a desperate attempt to stump Netflix, I ended up with the first season of the show. The verdict:[/color]

[color=#000000]It's okay. That kid from sixteen candles got bonked on the head and now he can see the past, present and future when the plot requires it. In a nice bit of depth for this type of syndicated kids show, his ex-girlfriend is now married to the town sheriff with a son who doesn't know his true parentage. [/color]

[color=#000000]Whatshisname Breakfast Club dude gets into all types of scrapes that are not really dumb but that never created the least bit of tension for me. The last two episodes I watched had him as the lone innocent vote on a jury and inside a bank being robbed by a good but misguided ... wait just a damn minute ... both of those very things happened on ...[/color]

[color=#000000]Early Edition. A vastly superior show where the easy style and character comedy were a much better match for the exceptionally far-flung premise. But I'll tell you what had a far-flung premise ...[/color]

[color=#000000]Quantum Leap. Vastly superior to Early Edition. And I think he stopped a bank robbery in that one, too. Talk about fun, that was a really great show. It reminded me of that show ...[/color]

[color=#000000]Starman. Running from the law, helping a different person each week with vaguely defined super powers that no one understands. Just like ...[/color]

[color=#000000]The Hulk. Which reminds me of the grandpappy of all of these shows ...[/color]

[color=#000000]The Fugitive. Now, if Dr. Richard Kimble could touch people and see the past, he would have found that one-armed man in twenty minutes.[/color]

[color=#000000]So, um, watch The Dead Zone. It's a passable version of Quantum-Star-Hulk-Edition-I-Didn't-Kill-My-Wife-I-Don't-Care TV. [/color]
½ June 16, 2010
[font=Tahoma][color=deepskyblue][color=yellow]So much to talk about, ladies and gents. [/color][/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]1. Did the short film thang with TomTom last night (If you read ModernHipp's journal, you can get his opinions...but don't believe him, I didn't mess up that bad, hehe). Despite the surprise sex scene (luckily I had all my clothes on...sadly, TomTom did not ;) lolol.), which was uncomfortable as shit not because of us but because any love scene is just gonna be awful, it was a great shoot. Hot as hell in that room, but the scene that TT and I wrote was really cool, and it was nice to act again. I can't wait to see it, I'm making him drop it off soon. And then run before my dad shoots him and buries him in the backyard. [/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]2. [i]THE DEAD ZONE[/i]. Michael directed tonight's episode, with Richard Lewis guest starring. I really liked it, some of the shots were MONEY, and Michael just always amazes me with his acting...if you've seen [i]The Breakfast Club[/i], you know he can make you teary-eyed by sobbing his heart out...tonight he cried, subtly, and it gave me chills! Even the corners of his eyeballs turned red!! Why can't I cry like that dammit?? Ergh. The one acting skill I have yet to master. Anyway, I urge again to watch Dead Zone, and rent/buy the first two seasons on DVD. I'm gonna e-mail him tonight, the busy bastard hasn't written since I sent him my PSA. I'll send him a copy of the [i]Previous Engagement[/i] short, though, when I get it.[/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]3. Work. I try as hard as I can to be cool, and chill, because I don't want to become like the jaded assholes I work with...but sometimes I can't help but get frustrated. People can be shitty. And I really need to stay away from Danny, or he needs to stay away from me, or whatever...because I heard him asking Cassie to make a call-ahead for his wife and kids, and I almost threw something. I casually asked her if they were coming in tonight, and she said no. Do you know how happy I was?? I really, really did not want to see them come in. I still don't. That is not good. I shouldn't give a shit, and then he was grumpy tonight and ignoring me, and I got really pissy about it! Between the Evan thing and this, I am just in a frustrated with guys mood. Goddammit. [color=lime]This color [/color][color=yellow]should have nothing to do with Danny and I's friendship. I hate him sometimes for being so....whatever to me, which ended up with me totally having a crush on him back. Asshole. [/color][/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]4. My horoscope. Kind of pertains to Number 3 in some ways, which I just noticed and it weirded me out. "At the moment, issues of ethics, religion, and morality are all in your face." No, really? Morality? Then of course this was fitting before anyway: "A new character could enter the soap opera of your life- and bring the taste of honey you've been dying for". Well Evan popped in, so that was pretty accurate. Anyway. Morality. Ha. Bastard.[/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]So I have no work till Friday, because I'm taking Thursday off to go see Flickerstick!! Yaaaaay! I love their music. And the lead guitarist is H-O-T. If you know them from Bands on the Run...well yeah they're a bunch of drunkards. And this proves how fleeting and fickle fame is (illiteration, bitches!). But their music and lyrics are hella "Beautiful" (my favorite), "Chloroform the One That You Love", and "Smile". Buh-way-no.[/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]I'm out. I don't know. It's been a long weekend. I saw a bunch of peeps at work (Laureeeennnn and mommy de lauren!!) and IB nerds's been stressful, fun, frustrating, anger-inducing, hyper, and hectic. Sigh. [/color][/font]