The Death of Batman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Death of Batman Reviews

½ April 11, 2011
I have had heated debates on the absurdity of the concepts put forth in this short film. If Batman was just a man I would say ok but he is more.
½ January 8, 2012
This is a very dark, intense film. I don't think anything about the story ties it to any specific franchise, but I think of it as the final capstone to the Joel Shomacker films. At least this film, The Death of Batman, is better than anything Shomacker did.
Unlike other Batman offerings, this is far more cerebral with little or no "action." I don't believe it's a spoiler to say that the title is very appropriate; it says what it is and delivers it. If you go into this film expecting a happy or inspiring and uplifting ending, you will be disappointed. If you, like I did, thought, "Good, that Shomacker Batman needs to die a horrible, and ironic death for ruining the Batman legacy," not only will you be satisfied, but in a dark way, you might even think about who the Batman is and even if his "crusade" is as just as we may have always believed.
This is and independent film. I have no idea what the budget was, but it certainly wasn't studio funds. Nonetheless, the cinematography and writing, in my opinion, more than make up for anything lacking in name recognition and special effect.s. In fact, the acting was quite good, proving that there are good actors out there waiting to be discovered.
If you are a Batman fan who really wants to think about the character, see this Film. I you are a Batman fan and just want to see the Shomacker legacy put to rest, see this movie. If you like the idea of independent films and seeing how good film making can be without the trappings of the studios, see this film.
November 5, 2011
This movie's description is the description for "Mask of the Phanstasm". :/
October 24, 2011
This movie establishes that cartoons in America can be violent, dark messes.