Bruce Campbell Talks Bruce vs. Frankenstein, Evil Dead Blu-ray

Summary

During a recent chat with MTV, Bruce Campbell discussed the new "Evil Dead" Blu-ray and when he'll finally get around to making that "Bruce vs. Frankenstein" sequel to "My Name Is Bruce." Back to Article

Comments

Smartest Person Here

Greg Bonnette

Evil Dead took 4 years to make? Holy crap! I like the movie and all, but it's no Lawrence of Arabia.

Aug 25 - 06:16 AM

Smartest Person Here

Greg Bonnette

Aug 25 - 06:19 AM

Rusty Broomhandle

Jaco Gerber

Well, you will also have read then that they had very little money. I was once invovled in a 6 month project to create a 15 minute short film with a small startup studio, which did not actually even have their own studio at the time. Lots of borrowing stuff and favours.

Aug 25 - 07:30 AM

Dave J

Dave J

Your comment is self explanatory since it was the first feature film both for Raimi as well as Bruce Campbell- that not all films receive the same treatment especailly if ones were to start out!

Although I did read somewhere that they both did Evil Dead as a film project with hardly any money while still in film school or was it university! I fergot which one!

Aug 25 - 04:15 PM

Nine Oh Two

joe schmoe

The real selling point is the extra content. Blu Ray transfers are overrated, this movie is 25 years old; the visual quality won't improve that much (just look at the recent predators Blu Ray). If anything, it is the audio that will be vastly improved.

That being said, I love the original Evil Dead in all of its cheesy glory. A lot of people say the sequel is superior, but I think this is only true with a few scenes. I still like the overall feel of the original; it was just raw. The effects might have been a little rough around the edges but that's kind of what gives the movie its charm. Unlike the sequel, where they rely on the effects too much which, while might have been great at the time, haven't aged well at all. Plus I can't stand the way they try to fill in more backstory; and the hillbilly characters were just unecessary.

Aug 25 - 06:52 AM

Bjornar

A B

BOBBIE JOE!!!!

I'm one of those that likes Evil Dead 2 more than Evil Dead, though I have much respect for both. I just think the evil hand in the second movie is just the best--and Bruce's physical comedy work as well. If anything's unecssary in either film it's the tree-rape scene. That still makes me a bit squeemish and not in a fun way like the buckets of blood and schlock gore do. I think the effects have aged for both movies quite well in more artistic terms. Kind of a cranky-old-man argument that at a certain point, CG will have been used so much that young directors won't even realize there are ways to shoot scenes without it.

While I loved Army of Darkness when I was younger, now when I look at it, all I see is a small to middling budget movie playing as a sell-out big budget movie. I know some of the decisions were affected by the financiers, but it still just feels a bit more hollow than the first two. Of course it's still one of the most quotable of movies out there. Shop smart, shop S-Mart, YOU GOT THAT?

Aug 25 - 07:41 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

Lady im afraid im going to have to ask you to leave the store.

Blu-ray conversions are a tricky thing being a blu-ray owner. It all boils down to the company and how much effort they do in converting. Also it depends on how good the original quality of the film is. I have a blu ray of blazing saddles and it looks amazing in blu-ray. On the flip side i have the blu ray of we were soldiers which isnt that old and the quality looks like crap in a lot of places.

Aug 25 - 03:24 PM

Rusty Broomhandle

Jaco Gerber

Aug 25 - 07:30 AM

Dave J

Dave J

Aug 25 - 04:15 PM

Bjornar

A B

BOBBIE JOE!!!!

Aug 25 - 07:41 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

Lady im afraid im going to have to ask you to leave the store.

Aug 25 - 03:24 PM

Orange Crush

amy nielsen

Bruce is simply awesome from evil dead to b movies to burn notice. You rock Bruce oh and those old spice ads were funny as hell!

Aug 25 - 08:24 AM

cypress550

jeremy burnside

Bruce is the man.

Aug 25 - 10:12 AM

rle4lunch

Chad W

Gotta love the no bullshit factor that you get when you read an interview with Bruce.

Aug 25 - 12:01 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

Lady im afraid im going to have to ask you to leave the store.

Aug 25 - 03:24 PM

Dave J

Dave J

Aug 25 - 04:15 PM

seanmprd78

Sean Guyon

Groovy!

Aug 25 - 05:56 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office