Where Time Began (The Fabulous Journey to the Center of the Earth) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Where Time Began (The Fabulous Journey to the Center of the Earth) Reviews

½ June 23, 2015
Kooky at times, but not a bad adaptation,though loose at some moments. The creature effects aren't too shabby for a 1977 film, even if the director has handled better. It's a little hard to follow if you don't know the story, but it's a fun ride.
½ September 5, 2009
A Spanish version of the Verne tale. No where as good as the 1959 version (the only other version I have seen). While true to the original story for the most part and the visual effects were done well despite obviously being low budget, I didnt like this one mostly because it just seemed to drag.
½ June 23, 2015
October 8, 2011
Substandard telling of the Jules Verne novel, but it's still a fair adventure.
½ January 19, 2010
Pretty poor Spainish version of the Jules Verne classic is poorly made at every corner. The effects are bad, but does offer about every single type of monster imaginable which is cool, which is not enough to save any film.
January 1, 2010
Poor Kenneth More. It's a bit of a shame that a highly rated movie actor such as More should end up doing this sort of hokum. It initially follows Jules Verne's novel but for some reason has been saddled with a subplot about the nature of time and space and books from the future. There are interminable shots initially of More and his assistants trudging through the mountains and the camera panning out tio reveal stunning Icelandic landscapes... although after the first three, it gets a little tedious.
Then there's odd looking giant tortoises, men dressed in gorilla costumes trying to pass as giant apes. Near the end I was losing the will to live, as, I suspect, was More. Very sad.
November 21, 2009
i watch this version on TV when i was young!! :)
i love this version, no 3D tho. yea
½ September 5, 2009
½ July 29, 2009
Småtrevlig och harmlös, skön apa och lagomt långtrist.
½ September 13, 2008
Forgettable adaptation of the Jules Verne classic.
A few moments of excellent rubber monsters litter the half way point, but an excruciatingly long finale filled with reams of volcanic stock footage tested my patience.