65% The Equalizer Sep 26

The Fall Reviews

Emod L.
September 3, 2014
87%
Its plot could be thicker, but The Fall is a visually remarkable work of art, complete with typically stylish imagery from Tarsem Singh.
R. Jayakrishnan
September 13, 2014
95%
Viewed this on 13/9/14
The Fall is the best and the only good film from Tarsem Singh. The Fall is as emotional as it's dynamic visuals. Everything about this film is great. people may find it irritating when they consider the story told by the Roy to be the main essence of the film, but instead that story is nothing but the reflection of the current moods of the story teller and listener. The visuals are mind blowing. The best thing about the film is the chemistry between Lee Pace and Catinca Untaru. In fact Untaru is my favourite in this movie. The film gets really tense in it's climax and the whole film revolves around hope and desire to live. This is a Tarsem Singh masterpiece.
Sean P.
February 20, 2014
It's not the movie that I fell for so much as the characters, and especially the little girl. She's a great actress for however old she is. And I actually thought that the dialogue exchanges between her and Lee Pace were extremely natural.
August 18, 2014
Performances aside, The Fall is such a bizarre film that, despite all its beauteous vividness, felt like a dry nightmare with an even drier dialogue. And it was disturbing.
August 7, 2014
Beautiful and intense scenes that made me fall in love with Lee Pace. Although I'm not sure if I agree with the ending, for most of the time this movie is pure pleasure for the eyes. Full of contrast and metaphors, but also lightness from time to time. Needless to say I'm disappointed by the tomatometer for this one.
June 27, 2014
A whimsical story hides the heartbreak of the storyteller. Through lush visuals and exotic locales, eventually the triumph or defeat of the protagonists becomes intertwined with that of the teller. Roy's loss never really feels real, though, and Alexandria's accent is unintelligible enough to throw one off from what's actually happening at times.
June 23, 2014
Different... But still a great film. The story is interesting as well as the visuals. Its another strong recommendation I can give
June 19, 2014
The film is rather indented as it doesn't seem to go past its colorful surface.
November 3, 2013
While the story was perhaps a little light and the execution was odd at parts, the visuals were absolutely stunning and the movie really created a strong mood.
April 13, 2012
Beautiful. Features a great lead performance from Lee Pace.
anathemadone
May 30, 2014
This movie is one of the best I've ever seen... amazing and heartbreakingly beautiful.
May 21, 2014
Visually interesting but ultimately empty and boring.
April 29, 2014
It's said that Peter Jackson cast Lee Pace as Thranduil after seeing his performance in The Fall. I totally get it. You can't tell by his performance in The Hobbit, but the boy is a friggin star. And his chemistry with the absolutely brilliant little girl that is his costar makes the whole craziness of this movie work. Completely captivated by their performance, I watched it three times in a row, and I still have questions. You only get fragments of the true story, the rest is told in images and symbolism within the fantastic tale that the main character tells his young companion. It's the kind of movie you can analyze in absurdum, but it's not for everyone. However, it does make me want to watch everything Lee Pace has ever starred in.
April 27, 2014
One of the most wonderful movies I've ever seen. Reminds me of my own imagination as a very young child.
April 22, 2014
Apesar de belo visualmente, a tentativa de construir uma espécie de quebra cabeças psicológico falha pela narrativa lenta demais e por simplesmente não ser tão interessante assim. Os figurinos de Tarsem ainda lembram muito os de The Cell e o diálogo entre a realidade e a fantasia é brutalmente incomparável com filmes como Pan's Labyrinth. Para complicar, no meu caso em específico, foi "vendido" como um mindblowing movie e não tem nada de demais, filme muito fraco.
NotEnoughSlavesInIt
February 16, 2014
84%
The Fall is really beautiful movie that gets more dislike than it deserves. If you ever find the time, check it out. You'll cry, you'll laugh, you'll be excited: It'll blow your mind.
FranktheRabbit
November 21, 2011
This is one of the most amazing films I've ever seen, one of my favorites.
October 4, 2008
loved every minute of it... visually stunning!! ...Catinca Untaru did a wonderful job as well as everyone else!
eye candy to the max!

Facts about the movie:
It took 4 years to film.
It was filmed at 26 different locations in 18 different countries:
India - Argentina - Indonesia - Brazil - Cambodia - South Africa - Czech Republic - Chile - China - Egypt - Fiji - Nepal - Italy - Maldives - Namibia - France - Romania - Bolivia - Turkey
April 1, 2014
Was meant to be a pleasure to the mind and eyes and indeed it's, visually impressive. it's awfully disappointing regarding it's script of the performance of the cast.
March 22, 2014
An instant favorite of mine. Visually stunning, providing a variety of surreal, abstract and well-composed scenery; saturated, vibrant colors; and a story that makes me feel like I'm on a journey rather than just watching a film. I'm certain I'll never see another movie as unique as this one.