The Fever

• On DVD:    Dec 4, 2007

The Fever Reviews

Joseph E
April 2, 2009
Couldn't help it, "Jolie" made me realize was so many of us look up to her, and believed in her acting abilities.
Chuah A April 7, 2011
An 83-min monologue play that doesn't necessarily translate to screen with the same impact. The ideas presented stir up enough food for thought, and the ice-cream guilt trip was effective, but it's a pity that the whole film doesn't end up making a firm statement. Good acting from Redgrave though.
Kate M ½ June 1, 2013
Bad casting. Vanessa Redgrave is playing a part that should be acted by a younger woman (just for it to make sense) The accents are all over the place. The unnamed country apparently had citizens that spoke both a slavic and a latin language. Where was the Redgrave character from? London? You know the city where they put up a big tree in the center at Christmas and people go skating in a famous skating rink... London right? So the politics were South American, the architecture and temperature was Easter European, the actors' accents were a crazy hodge-podge. The unnamed country must be on a different planet. The politics was of the "hit you over the head with a hammer" school. If Ayn Rand does that for the right-wingers, this movie does it for the lefties. I felt like, OK, I get it, stop hitting me on the head with your ideology hammer. I had to stop watching about 75% through because it was all the same (hammer). Then I went online and donated all my money to The People/The Revolution/The Poor. Now I have no money in my bank account. I guess I'll be homeless soon. Thanks Angelina, Vanessa and Michael!