• R, 1 hr. 30 min.

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Forgotten Ones Reviews

August 8, 2010
I wasted 45 pesos to watch this garbage excuse for a film. This film is boring, cliche, unoriginal, laughable, & practically a "King Kong" meets "Predators" rip-off plot themes. The only interesting thing in this film were the creatures, but even so, they still were nothing close to being good.

So it starts off as the typical teen love & yacht theme with friends & all, & then they head out to sea to have some fun. Are you getting something original? No, instead, you're getting teens 'coincidentally' crashing onto an 'uncharted island' that no seems to recognize, & later on, it's infested with some strange, demonic cannibals that have apparently eaten other people that were on this island a very, very long time ago. How original is that? Like I said, it's almost just a bunch of other movie plots ripped out & pasted around.

And the most obvious part about this movie that easily says it's a "Predator" rip-off is through half the movie when the main character discovers how to protect/cover herself from the creatures. All in all, this movie sucked. Even the ending to this movie was painfully stupid. I gave this movie another 10% for pity.

Hell from what I read, the original director & others who worked on this movie didn't like the results of what came out of it. Wow, I applaud them for being the very first movie makers who realize what crap they made unlike some people (Uwe Boll). So now, this movie is at it's titled, "Forgotten". I'm certain the new straight to DVD remake won't be better.
Christopher B

May 22, 2010
A group of unlikable young people get stranded on an island inhabited by a savage tribe.  The only great thing about this one is the heroine farts during a scene.
May 13, 2013
Una historia aburrida y con un final tan usado que no necesitas 1h y 30mins para saber qué es lo que va a suceder.
January 8, 2013
I'm the first to admit I love myself a cliché horror film. Whether it's a supernatural storyline where a family has moved into a house that is built on an indian burial ground/the previous owners have died/ the devil lives in the basement or a slasher flick with a group of teens, I'm all for it. That was the draw card for selecting The Forgotten Ones, a film that I believe went straight to DVD and follows a group of young people who are stranded on an island after their boat sinks and they soon realise they are not alone... dun dun dun.

From the get-go we were deciphering the plot, which is so fun when it's this predictable. The characters included the annoying fat guy, the attractive bimbo, the dark, brooding loner, the nice girl and her non-appreciative cheating boyfriend. I put money on the bimbo dying first, whereas hubby picked the fat guy. (Both commendable choices but I ultimately won that one). The rest of the film unfolded in an equally unsurprising way, but it started to get a bit stale because the storyline had been done before, done better and done with bigger scares. When a film is this average, you at least want some decent scares in there to break up the monotony.

We picked the plot scene for scene - there was a group of otherwordly / non-human tribespeople living on the island who hunt humans. There was a camp there a hundred years ago where everyone was killed and no-one had been on the island since. (Hell, the island wasn't even on the map!) The characters were picked off one by one until the nice girl remained and then, when the filmmakers realised this had only taken 50 minutes, they proceeded to drag out her escape for the next 30.

What really ruined the film for me was how much camera time was given to 'the forgotten ones'. They were the scare factor, but they were given as much screen time as the protagonist and they looked like budget orcs so it ruined any chance at suspense. Good for a laugh, but not much else.

August 8, 2010