57% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Haunted Airman Reviews

esaitorres
December 27, 2013
It's bewildering how BBC can turn a great novel by Dennis Wheatley into a a cheap television movie. I really thought it was going to be just as in-depth as the book but they just manage to create their own story and put "based on a novel by Dennis Wheatley" along the lines. I still think Robert Pattinson was a great choice of Toby Jugg, but this adaption is very poor and not really worth watching if you've read the book. It's a huge let down. No giant spider, no mass rituals, and no uncle that's a push over. BBC you've let me down...
Aaron B.
September 12, 2013
Starts out as a very haunting, atmospheric film then dwindles to an anti-climax that made no sense at all. Scary scenes to be sure, but nothing much else.
April 3, 2013
Robert did a good job, especially at the end. But... Still I felt like there was more to come... Like, He has more to offer. This movie was OK, not great but OK
February 26, 2013
Ok, I'm a big Robert Pattinson fan, and this movie was horrible. Most of the time you had no clue what was going on. I get it that he pretty much had gone insane but there was no real climax, you knew what was going to happen half way through the movie. Also, even though the movie was only an hour long, it felt like it would never end. I appreciated the attempt but if i could i would give this movie a big ZERO. It was that bad!!
December 17, 2012
1. Pattinson occassionally moves his 'paralyzed' legs
2.The slow, uninvolving plot remains completely uninteresting the whole way through.
3.The lack of a semblance of horror, suspense, drama, or even dark humor is unappealing.

Note: Pattinson is capable of better acting, and choosing better movies.
xHappilyHippy
January 24, 2009
As a Robert Pattinson fan, I can still say this film was terrible.
Marie King
September 17, 2012
A thoroughly distorting and frightening film anchored by a equally unhinged breakout performance by Robert Pattinson
Robyn M.
August 22, 2012
I walked into The Haunted Airman with a non-bias mindframe, an unsure what to expect. I put aside my loath of Robert Pattinson for a moment and was pleasently surprised by his acting ability. Before he was Twilights heart throb or full of contraversy he was working up the Ladder in BBC's small project shorts. Director Chris Dulcher rewrote Dennis Wheatley's Orginal Novel Titled The Haunting of Toby Jugg.
July 10, 2012
What a waste of money. I kept waiting for the plot to appear. It never did. A must NOT see.
November 8, 2009
Anything with Robert Pattinson, you can count me in!
May 19, 2012
The reason for my rating being so high is because I understood the movie in its entirety. Toby Jugg (a.k.a Robert Pattinson), was suffering from PTSD and becoming a paraplegic due to being shot. When the movie begins, he puts on a brave face, as well as his once removed Aunt Julia to show one another that everything will be fine. At first, he is sane and well, except for the handicap and the PTSD (dreams) but begins to feel that something sinister is happening at the home. At one point in time, his nurse gives him a pill called amytal "hours of oblivion, guaranteed". You can safely assume that he begins to lose it once this medicine is administered to him and that he is continually being given it. The mis-trust that the Doctor gives him by not sending his letters off, the medicine, the lights going out at 7pm, and the fact that the Doctor is really creepy and hides in corners, makes for someone to become paranoid. The ending was as beautiful as it was sad. He opens the door to find the Doctor on the floor, and his Aunt on the bed, holding hands, sleeping. He quickly blows out the candle and army crawls (because he is handicapped) to the other room where he awaits the two. Once the Doctor walks out of the room, his Aunt see's him in the shadows and he goes to her. She does rock him but refuses him as he attempts to kiss her. Obviously this sets him off because throughout the movie, she is sending him mixed signals and he is only following his heart. So, in him 'raping her' (quotes used because he wasn't really raping her) he is showing her that he's there, he's right there in front of her and she will not have him. In fact, she keeps pushing him away as if he is the plague which only infuriates him more. He thrusts and thrusts himself upon her and she begs him to stop and because they both know, he cannot satisfy her sexually, they cannot be together (in her mind). Also, she seems to have sided with the Doctor and as far as he's concerned, she has back-stabbed him and taken the Doctors word and also, chose him sexually over him so if he can't have her, no one can (so there are two factors for her death). As you can see with the ending, the Doctor stands over the two and undoubtedly he was there the whole time Toby was on top of her. He is curious about the inner workings of a person and he wanted to watch.

Also, the book that this was based on, shows that Toby stands to inherit a lot of money, but this is never mentioned in the movie. I hope this helps anyone who is confused.

By the way ... TEAM JACOB! lol
May 13, 2012
Different movie. Early Pattinson
May 13, 2012
Rather odd little BBC production. It wasn't the worst movie I'd ever seen, but it's not the best either.
February 15, 2012
It doesn't even deserve half a star.. i watched it because it had Pattinson in it and i have to say, it ruined him for me. It had no plot, made no sense, waste of an hour!
February 8, 2012
Terrible definitely a rotten tomato!
July 19, 2010
very sad & werid movie but it was pretty good movie i might not watch it agein but it was intersing to see robert in the kind role with very stocking ending!!!!
thedarkgift28
November 19, 2011
pjgrl2
November 8, 2011
it's ok..the story is one of those "wtf" is going on stories.
September 20, 2011
thank God this one is only 68 minutes what a piece of shit! not scary uses every lame cliche, creepy music, bats, spiders crawling up thru drains so disappointed with this.
July 22, 2011
Wake up critics! This is an old-style Alfred Hitchcock type drama/thriller. It's not horror and it's not meant to be. Overall, the acting is quite good. My main issue is that certain bits needed to be fleshed out more. I think this movie could have benefited from being 15-20 minutes longer. I know that certain things weren't spelled out for you so it wouldn't ruin the twist at the end, but I think Julian's and Rachael's characters needed a little more development. They weren't quite 3 dimensional. I thought Robert's performance was brilliant though. This is REAL acting folks and not just a bunch of CGI junk to make things look pretty and wow the audience! I don't need non-stop action and shiny special effects to enjoy a movie. I do, however, very much like special effects. Especially the way they were done BEFORE CGI back in the late 70's and 80's. People like George Lucas and Steven Spielberg were at the top of their game back then. Spielberg also did a great job with Schindler's List. Again, REAL acting and not special effects dominated that movie.