The Hessen Affair Reviews

½ December 4, 2011
Really smooth and adequately stylish classic war crimes flick of a jewelry heist gone sideways. Colonel Jack Durant (Billy Zane) and Lieutenant Kathleen Nash (Lyne Renee) stumble across the crown jewels owned by a German Princess. Running on the idea of the "spoils of war", Durant and Nash takes evasive action to attempt to fence the jewels in (where else!??!?) New York City. Complications arise when the Princess makes claims that the jewels are missing and members of the group that assisted Durant and Nash in the findings...wants their percentage of the sold off jewels. Twisting, turning and relentless action is non stop and full of surprises. Please see this!
½ November 26, 2010
Where to start.. where to start..

Well, this movie was just 'ok.'
Nothing special whatsoever, I thought it was somewhat interesting but nonetheless kind of boring. Not a bad film, but definitely not something I'd like to see again.
February 6, 2011
This is a really good movie I give it an 8 out of 10
½ January 13, 2011
I saw this as a movie called The Hessen Conspiracy, but what's the difference, really? For a Billy Zane vehicle, it's not too terrible. You almost have to grade him on a curve, since his cheshire grin can only get him so far. While not a memorable film, it kept my interest throughout, and as a low budget post WW2 period piece, its better than most scripted schlock that Zane usually gravitates to. That said, some horrendous supporting cast acting tarnishes the writing.