The Jammed Reviews

October 31, 2008
This seemed a bit like a tv movie, but still very good. Moving and sad, if not entirely convincing. (Mainly because some of it ties up a little too easily).
deano
January 21, 2008
Very interesting actual events and court transcripts, Aussie powerful dark social thriller about the sex trade and its victim, and the unfeeling bureaucracy who offer little help for those affected.The performance from Emma Lung and Veronica Sywak are rather brilliant and Saskia Burmeister commands the audience with her frighteningly credible turn as an immigrant forced into the sex trade who finds the courage to eventually fight back.
½ September 17, 2008
A reasonably well-made film hampered somewhat by mediocre performances. I liked the use of Melbourne as the setting - they actually shot in recognisable locations, which I'm sure will appeal to local audiences. Overall, the story was handled well, but there were a few underdeveloped subplots that essentially added nothing to the film. The subject matter was pretty ugly, and it's not the kind of stuff I run to see, but I suppose it's a more important work (socially speaking) than some of the other Australian crap I've seen lately. For this, the film-makers should be commended.