67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe (TV SHOW) Reviews

Anthony L

January 25, 2011
I enjoyed this as a young child but I liked it a little less as I grew up. It seems to be the main source of material for the new film adaptations too which is a shame as when I read (and fell in love with) the books, I always saw it differently. I always though the kids were too posh too, they should have been little cockney trouble makers! PS. If we're reviewing TV shows now, can someone please add Sienfeld! :o)
EightThirty .

January 16, 2011
01/09/2010 (DVD)

You have to be prepared to watch these older adaptations of 'Narnia' because it is not fantastic in the looks department, I'm only watching these cause I'm on a new mission. My new mission is to take 'The Chronicles of Narnia' voyage to watch 'em all! And that means even the ones you wouldn't.

I actually gave this 2.5 stars but just added another half a star for childhood memories. I remember the BBC TV version of 'Narnia' years ago when I was a child and remembered how it took me on a fantastic voyage! I'm actually not sure if it's this one but it say's TV show so it must be since there are no other TV shows about 'Narnia', is there?

Anyway, My 'Narnia' mission is in motion now beginning with this one and my adventure continues as I seek 'Prince Caspian' on his 'Voyage of the Dawn Treader'. So far so good and I'm off... Not a bad start! Otherwise a good choice for children... well, children who don't know or haven't seen the up-to-date cooler version.
Rachel F

January 21, 2008
Loved it. I'm a sucker for fantasy flicks and this one is definitely one of the best.
Lafe F

August 12, 2007
Dry television adaptations of the Narnia tales. Not all the books are covered, which is a shame. It feels very foggy and dark with a BBC look to everything.
thmtsang
thmtsang

May 31, 2007
Story about children who were evacated to an old house, where they embark on an adventure to another world through a wardrobe.
Drew S

January 24, 2007
I loved these when I was little. I read all the books and watched all of the movies (I think they only made them for this book, The Silver Chair, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader). They're very...British. I dug that.
Sarah G

September 16, 2006
Saw it a while back when i was 7 years old.
constanzaboutter
constanzaboutter

February 22, 2009
This fantastic film, made with great energy and heart have intelligence and power. The spiritual redemption is a big theme of Narnia, the movie also goes a long way in redeeming the current sad state of children's fantasy filmmaking. Children adore it.
Sunil J

August 10, 2007
It's cheezy and dated but very good times when I was a kid.
Sean S

November 10, 2007
The TV show doesn't have all the fancy special effects of the movie but it is a classic story and it is adapted faithfully.
PC79
PC79

October 27, 2006
A classic!
FanGirl
FanGirl

June 21, 2006
Much better then the newer version
January 4, 2013
Even as a kid this was too cheesy and fake-looking for me to take seriously. Whatever their flaws the later films at least managed to capture something of the feel of Narnia.
RachelJezel
July 13, 2009
Naturally, this is a well-made and likeable film with fun critters, good battle scenes, and obligatory religious undertones.
sinaiwinterwolf
June 17, 2009
Ahhh, the BBC version of The Lion, The Witch, & the Wardrobe books. You have to give the British a hand on this one. The first of the new The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe movies was pretty excellent, though.
HereComeDaAmish
March 26, 2009
Was this the animated one HBO used to play all the time when I was a kid? I'll assume so and rate it accordingly...
marlefox
March 7, 2009
Holy. Shit. I had no clue that any other self respecting person had seen this. I shall just leave you all with this wonderful mental image: Buckteeth, The Mole, and Animatronics. If you've seen this you'll understand. As an added bonus, Midgets.... Lots, and lots of midgets. And Warwick Davis in a mouse costume... and that drug dealer guy from Lock, Stock as a fox.
tnwldflower
February 28, 2009
Great! The books are very good, except the last one. Second movie is very good too. I love the characters and creatures.
iluvpirates14
February 17, 2009
I seen it in school it was only funny because of the bad affects and that lion HA HA HA but really go see the remake it is much better.
bluebirdie687
December 17, 2008
This series is really good. I think the new ones are better and have hotter actors. My favorite out of the series is the Voyage of the Dawn Treader