33% As Above/So Below Aug 29

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

The New Gladiators (I guerrieri dell'anno 2072) Reviews

Christopher B

January 20, 2008
Fun stuff that I wouldn't have even thought of watching if Fulci's name wasn't attached.
July 27, 2007
Watched this based on the plot & the fact that Lucio Fulci directed it. The story is very similar to The Running Man.
June 14, 2013
The opening scenes (the flyover of a cardboard "futuristic" Rome) will be enough for most viewers to decide how much to imbibe before watching such cheese or to flip it off and find another movie. I don't know why I stuck around for the entire show outside the fact that it was oddly compelling to see a once great C-movie gore maestro Lucio Fulci (THE BEYOND; CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD; ZOMBIE) try out a sci-fi picture. He's obviously out of his element and/or didn't give one shit. Many Fulci fans point to MANHATTAN BABY as his worst film, and I'd almost agree. However, this one is so insulting and cheesy that it's a very close call.
November 18, 2012
Most reviews of this have been negative. Being a true fan of Fulci, I say this movie totally rocks. Just imagine if the Maestro had a huge budget to work with. Yeah, the miniatures, sets, battle hardware and graphics ARE cheap. That's besides the point. Fulci was clearly in total control of this production and knew what he wanted. This was a colorful sci-fi romp that demonstrated Fulci and crew in top form. Did anyone notice the house used for the murder set-up was also seen in Argento's Tenebrae. What about Reb Brown in the lead role of Drake!!!