The Old Man and the Sea - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Old Man and the Sea Reviews

½ December 4, 2013
Beautiful animation and music! Very unique animation style as well. The film, while very short, is true to Hemingway's tone and basic story line.
½ October 12, 2012
i watched in cartoon figures like it is made from 'chalks'
March 27, 2012
I don't care much for the story, but the animation and score are unbelievably perfect. A painting come to life.
½ January 10, 2012
Not bad at all. Is a 20 minute short animated movie based on a classic novel about a fisherman who teaches a boy what he learned on the ocean. Cannot review it longer since is like I said or wrote, very short. The voice acting was in english with spanish subs, so, I loved it in that case, same the music score which helped a lot.

Stars? 3 & a half of 5. Enjoy and HASTA LA PROXIMA AMIGOS/AS! CHAO! BLESS YOU ALL IN THIS 2012!
½ January 3, 2012
I found the other short film about Hemingway's life, "Hemingway: A Portrait," more interesting than the animated film itself. It was well filmed and narrated. His life was more fascinating than his stories.

"The Old Man and the Sea" was too short for me to really get invested in the characters and the story. It needed to be dragged out so that I could really feel for and care about the old man The animation style took some getting used to, but by the time I got used to it it was over. To say that this film was 40 minutes would be a stretch.
½ January 8, 2011
i watched in cartoon figures like it is made from 'chalks'
October 19, 2010
"i have to read this over the summer for schoool .. can u reply and´╗┐ tell me if the book is the same as the movie?". May be this is written by the modern Manolin...
October 8, 2010
Petrov hand painted some 29000 frames for this 20-minute film. Amazing! A must watch.
½ March 29, 2010
This is the movie that I can't forget, with the good and touching story of an Old Man who struggles to catch the giant Marlin in the middle of the sea...alone.

Recommended movie as a tribute to the life of Ernest Hemmingway (Writer) in a way that is true to the man.
January 27, 2010
Petrov's style is incredible and he lends such flair to Hemingway's tale. Wonderfully beautiful and quite engaging. Petrov brings paintings to life.
April 17, 2009