The Taming of the Shrew - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prose before Hoes
December 2, 2012
skip this and see the 1967 version-far superior
June 5, 2012
Hilarious! I saw this movie in 12th grade for English. It's very funny.
August 24, 2007
I cannot believe I have not seen this yet! Well...there are so many great films out there and o so little time to watch them all!
January 18, 2009
It was great. I was drawn in by that atmosphere of the whol preformance.
½ October 2, 2007
Exciting production. Marc Singer makes an adorable Petruchio: full of bravado yet inwardly innocent and boyish.
July 14, 2008
This is the best version of Taming of The Shrew. The way the preformance is, it is amazing.
May 16, 2008
the best of any of shakespears work. only this version reproduces his intent when Writing this masterpiece
May 7, 2008
The best production of this play that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.
June 18, 2007
That's right...it stars the Beastmaster
Prose before Hoes
October 17, 2007
I do not know how this version is, but is timeless, made upon a play of William Shakespeare, an Elisabeth Taylor and Richard Burton are in a version from 1967. Brithis television made a version 2005 - shown in icelandic television 14.10 07 It was extreamly funny and very good played with Shirley Hnderson, David Mitchell and Rufus Sewell. Higly recommende for any who wants to make serious things in life light!
September 8, 2007
This is a comedia version of the Taming of the Shrew, performed with clarity, flair, and grace. Add some excellent halitosis and audio humor, with hat tipping sound effects, and you get the best production of shrew I have seen, and I have seem it at both Stratford's, and many other good places. William Ball directed a classic interpretation of a classic play. (for a contrast, watch the one that Bruce Willis and Sibel Shepard did in moonlighting. fun, but only because of their characters. Moonlighting: Season 03
August 26, 2007
afi?e bak?l?rsa kad?n?n hali duman :):)
½ July 24, 2007
Full of the blaring innuendo and base humor that Shakespeare's audiences would have appreciated, the film of this play is crass and ridiculous in the best of ways.
July 10, 2007
Admittedly, it's a filmed record of a stage production, but it's possibly the best production of Taming of the Shrew on DVD.
½ July 1, 2007
Shakespeare can be fun?! Who knew?
½ June 18, 2007
Shakespeare done very well at ACT in the 70s. And the Beastmaster as Petruchio, absolutely rocking it.
May 25, 2007
Don't even bring it up!!!
March 23, 2007
I love this show...thank you Mr. McLintock for showing it to us in class. I now own it!
½ February 1, 2007