Movies Like The Three Caballeros

The Three Caballeros Reviews

deano
deano

August 5, 2007
Great sights and sounds of South America made in this Walt Disney colourful, sweetly nostalgic, forties flavoured travelogue which highlights some of the more exotic cities of Latin America with my favourite Disney cartoon character, Donald Duck with Joe Carioca and Panchito the Charro Rooster as tour guides.
Drew S

August 4, 2007
Cute movie - watched it a couple of years ago on a date, so it has some strange connotations. Typical Disney fluff.
DOCTOR P.
DOCTOR P.

June 27, 2011
Number 2 From Compilation era

The animation is a bit more interesting then the previous film, and it does have it's fun moments throughout.

It's hard to give this era of films a long thorough review because when it comes down to it some shorts were fun and others weren't.

Next up: Make Mine... hmm third word that begins with M what could it possibly be.
Suneel J.
Suneel J.

November 24, 2011
A dazzling display of early Disney animation and colour that takes Donald on one of his most grand adventures to date. The film is definitely one of Disney's most unique, daring, educational, and enjoyable films. It holds a neat collection of Spanish musical numbers and interesting portrayals of real-life people and scenery. It also adds to the experience with the usage of guns, cigars, scantly-clad women, and curse words. These aspects of the film would never be allowed in a children's cartoon in the modern day. Ultimately, the film is upbeat, funny, and quite informative in its own special way.
Nick C.
Nick C.

March 17, 2010
Better than Saludos no doubt, beautifully animated by Disney once again, ever though it wasn't as good as the first 5 of the greats that Walt has done.
Jackson W

July 20, 2013
I can understand why this film is so popular among Donald Duck fans. It really is him at his best, just being hilariously silly and nearly impossible to understand. The entire film is basically a Latin American fun house that never fails to grab your attention and its really good to see a film like this where no one really cares and just has fun with it. If this was released today, it would get hammered due to unreasonable accusations of stereotypes. So its good we get to see it stand the test of time for when it was made.
Anthony L.
Anthony L.

August 6, 2012
Disney Movie #13: The Three Caballeros

The Three Caballeros is colorful, funny and completely random at times but that's what makes it a classic. The Three Caballeros are great together, each one contrasting the others. It's definitely the most energetic and fast paced out of all the Fantasia Era films. The Three Caballeros, in my opinion, is one of the best, if not the best, Disney Fantasia Era film.
Janice :

October 20, 2007
YEAH!! :D
February 15, 2010
These three happy chappies with snappy serapes are quite the trio. I do enjoy their wild antics and the film is a nice cultural experience, but it is all over the place. At times I find the music enchanting, but then the movie becomes boring and makes me feel like going to sleep only to later get outrageously trippy. It is definitely something different though. (First full viewing - 3/7/2010)
April 8, 2012
"The Three Caballeros" is a fun, classic Disney cartoon... once you survive the first 1/2-hour. As is the case with "Saludos Amigos," much of this geography lesson feels very disjointed as the writers try to string together several segments about South America. The biggest problem with this film is that the main characters barely appear in the first 30 minutes... but are then the focus for the remainder of the film (which coincidentally is the entertaining part). It still can't compare with the cohesive stories of Disney's other feature-length animated films (except for the dreaded "Black Cauldron") but, unlike "Saludos Amigos," this one is definitely worth watching because of its excellent mixes of live-action and animation. In fact, it is worth watching just for its most famous sequence in which Aurora Miranda sings and dances with Donald and Jose Carioca. I also really love the sequence where Donald is running around the beach with all of the live-action girls - Walt Disney always had a great vision and his creativity is very obvious in the second half of this movie. My favorite caballero (and one of the coolest Disney characters ever) doesn't come in until the final section of the film (Mexico), but Panchito Pistolas is worth the wait! The film jumps up 10 points in the "fun" category once he enters. This film is worth watching as preparation for the Mexico pavillion at EPCOT in Disney World, but the next time that I watch this I plan on beginning half-way through. The first half is so unrelated that the film will make perfect sense and then I'll be able to enjoy the film's creativity without being forced into a 1/2-hour nap beforehand.
kenscheck
October 8, 2011
This is actually a lot of fun. The second of the six in a row package films is far superior to the first. This has an ongoing story, which wraps the entire film together. So while its theme is shorts about Latin America, its pretty much the Donald Duck film. Certainly entertaining if only a little flawed.
June 29, 2006
[Donald is struggling to dance the Mexican Lilongo with Carmen Molina]
Panchito: Hey, Donald, you are what they say "off the cob". You know, corny.
Donald Duck: Oh, yeah? [he starts doing his own dance, instead: the jitterbug]
MovieSnob
May 30, 2010
Kind of random. Great animation, especially for the times but horrible stereotypical representation of culture. It's just Donald Duck chasing girls in foreign countries, another really bad message.
May 19, 2008
Fun and filled with snappy songs but Donald Duck steals the show and makes it really worth the watch.
puttputtajm90
March 8, 2008
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!! It is seriously the only Donald Duck film I like tho- and I love that silly little penguin!!!
profwagstaff
July 20, 2007
I loved this one. It was made to help our relations with South America, but it ended up offending them in later years.
Oh well. Still gotta love the weird mix of animation and live action. And I love Donald. Especially when he's being bugged by racial stereotypes.
davyjkurlander
June 24, 2007
Pretty weird. So weird it's one of the most interesting Disney things out there. It makes you wonder where these ideas came from...
UnknownDemon
April 10, 2007
my dad had this for years and i barrow it from him still. and so do my kids!!! I actually had to return it a few days ago because they took it from him, again! Very neat movie to watch on cultures and how things were back then.
hopinnhopin
February 23, 2007
Classic, I love this movie, it's not like the usual Disney movies, but it's cute and has a good sound track.
February 1, 2007
I love this cartoon! I always have to sit and watch it when it comes on the tv and it was a favorite of my childhood. I have a love for Latin music and this cartoon may have been the start of this love.