The True Story of Puss'N Boots (La veritable histoire du Chat Botte) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The True Story of Puss'N Boots (La veritable histoire du Chat Botte) Reviews

March 12, 2012
The animation is interesting, but not enough to account for the terrible story. I'd be surprised if a kid could sit through this.
January 22, 2016
if life means nothing to you watch it. my new bench mark for worst movie ever.
½ April 13, 2015
Barely watchable animated insanity.
September 28, 2013
This movie was possibly the worst movie I have ever seen with my kids. Everyone hated it from the parents to all the kids. Wow, should be put in an incinerator.
½ August 27, 2013
Je n'ai pas du tout accroché au design.
½ May 1, 2013
CAT LITTER!
Terrible acting by voice actors. Loud, annoying and unnecessary! Animation not attractive at all- didn't make you want to watch the movie.
Music didn't live up to what it should be- very simple interpretation of Carmen- which to be honest, ruined it
Story follows the title, but that is about it.
Really disappointed in myself for wasting my time watching this.
½ February 20, 2013
Terrible version of the tale of Puss in Boots. Very bad lip syncing throughout, terrible music quickly becomes painful to hear. Highly questionable voice-acting, none of the voices fit the characters accordingly. Above all the animation is poor. If you want to know how not to make an animation, watch this the first half an hour alone will show you the do's and don't's for a children's animation.
November 14, 2012
This could probably be worse than Batman and Robin
May 13, 2012
Terrible rip-off of the original.
May 12, 2012
Technically this very French animated adaptation of the classic fairy tale does not look like complete and utter garbage. It looks cheap, sure. Made on a laptop. But if it was not for the horrible voice cast including William Shatner's horrifyingly old man humor lady voice for the titular cat in boots than maybe, just maybe, there is a fun little kids movie to be witnessed. Uh...naw, this sucks. Man, Shatner really does say "Yes" to every project. VF.
½ April 24, 2012
I've tried watching this one for bad movie night twice now. Was only able to endure thirty minutes of it. It's just surreal how unwatchable this movie is. It's a CG-animated film from France that tries to ape the Shrek-style of storytelling, recounting the story of Puss 'n Boots. Some jackass miller who is dying leaves the mill to two of his sons, and leaves his cat to his youngest son. Kid really must have pissed him off at some point. Really pissed him off. The cat can talk, its voice provided by William Shatner in what has to be his weirdest performance, his "singing" career included. There's some nonsense about a princess and a sleepy king and his lush of a queen and some ogre that turns into a tentacle rape beast....really, this movie was made on all kinds of drugs. Beware.
½ March 14, 2012
Fair warning everyone....this movie is really, REALLY awful. About the only thing of interest I trying to identify all of the opera tunes used throughout (can we say public domain music?).
March 12, 2012
½ March 3, 2012
First, you must know that I had extremely low expectations and only watched it for William Shatner. As for the film itself, the queen was quite seemingly drunk, the animation was terrible and so was the voice dubbing. And then there was Shatner. He didn't use his regular voice, he distorted it in a way that made him sound like a child. I only recommend it to die hard Shatner fans (and children of course).
½ February 27, 2012
I could not get thru 5 minutes of this trash!
½ February 10, 2012
this is probably the worst most irritating movie i have ever attempted to watch. we rented it because we were expecting to get Puss in Boots from Shrek with Antonio Banderas. We were fooled. Please do not rent this. i am ashamed and embarrassed for William Shatner who poorly dubs the voice of Puss. I didnt think anything could be worse than Little Monsters. I was wrong.
January 27, 2012
This movie and the voice of the cat bothered me....
½ January 7, 2012
This movie is TERRIBLE!
December 16, 2011
Worst movies of all time!!
½ December 4, 2011