The Twins Effect 2 (Chin gei bin 2: Fa dou daai jin) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Twins Effect 2 (Chin gei bin 2: Fa dou daai jin) Reviews

deano
December 23, 2006
½ April 18, 2007
Good action-comedy with special effects and I like the fight scene of Jackie Chan vs Donnie Yen. But I got to say that The Twins Effect was better.
December 27, 2008
If you liked Twins Effect 1 & expect a sequel, skip this movie. It may as well be a whole other film. Besides that, it wasn't very good on its own either.
November 10, 2007
Ehh, its not really a sequel at all. It stars many of the same actors in a different role and a different setting from the first film. Interesting story of a woman spurned creating a Chinese Amazon society, but it is not a must-see film.
April 10, 2008
Hilarious until the end. Keeps me laughing, it's just so silly. Those twins need a serious spanking. TSK!
½ March 10, 2014
Another Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

A wicked empress rules over the land Huado where she has made all men slaves to women. A prophecy is told of a humble boy rising to one day place a king back on the thrown. A young man, Charcoal Head, is born and begins a journey of learning martial arts and magic. The young man appears to be on the path to the thrown.

"Why don't you just kill me?"
"How can I? I don't hate you enough."

Corey Yuen, director of The Defender, The Enforcer, Dead or Alive, The Legend, The Legend II, and Above the Law, delivers Blade of Kings. The storyline for this movie actually wasn't bad and the action scenes and the unique weapons were very cool. The magic scenes were a bit cheesy. The acting was good and the cast includes Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, Daniel Wu, Edison Chen, Charlene Choi, and Bingbing Fan.

"I really hate aggressive people."

I watched this film off Netflix because it starred the legendary Donnie Yen and Jackie Chan. They were both awesome in this movie and the female characters were also well done. The use of the magic elements were too over the top that made this film fairly mediocre to me. I would skip this unless you're a diehard fan of the genre.

"I will never be a happy ghost."

Grade: C
March 14, 2011
A nice film with such a fascinating story and wonderful cast.