Andy Serkis Joins Tintin Cast

Summary

Nearly a quarter century after he commenced efforts to adapt Herge's Adventures of Tintin for American screens, Steven Spielberg has found the first member of his cast. Back to Article

Comments

arendr

Arend Anton

I'll say it again: they'll use Shia LeBouf as Tintin.

Dec 17 - 07:34 AM

Astr0creep

Mega Mann

Why don't they make this live action?

Dec 17 - 08:22 AM

Jack le Critic

Jack Blanc

Have you ever seen the live action movie from the 60's? This is probably why they've opted for CG - it's like trying a live action Simpsons - it'd never work!

Dec 17 - 06:45 PM

ZiGyStRdUsT

Carlos Monino

I would like to see it live action and without shia. I can't stand that kid. Motion capture might be fine, I just really didn't like the look of beowulf.

Dec 17 - 09:48 AM

dahluzz

joe shmo

how bout andy dick as tintine and, like, dakota fanning as that little white dog.

Dec 17 - 09:53 AM

JUDGE DREDD

idle one kenobi

Will Ferrel should play tintin. That would be hillarius.

Seriously though, The thought of this film is growing on me, If it has the look and feel of "City of lost children" Then this could be very moody and dazzling. If it looks like the cartoons, which i doubt then i would rather sit through Garfield 2.

Jackson should be getting on with that damn Hobbit film anywayz! I wanna still be alive when that comes out.

Dec 17 - 09:58 AM

minderbinder

anonymous anonymous

I can only see this working if they keep the character designs cartoony like the original comic. I HATE the mocap stuff for normal looking humans like beowulf and polar express.

Dec 17 - 10:26 AM

minderbinder

anonymous anonymous

And speaking of, it looks like Beo is going to turn out to be a turkey after all, despite people thinking the opening was good. It has totally dropped off before hitting even $80M and reportedly cost $150M. I hope they learn their lesson that it's a waste of money to use mocap to create scenes of regular looking people standing around talking.

Dec 17 - 10:28 AM

Novastar.

Nova Lee

Something tells me that Jude Law will be Tintin.

Dec 17 - 12:31 PM

Oblivioncry

Danish Shaikh

yeah one of my fav comic is going to get a film by two serious directors/Producers.

But i so dont want it to look like beowulf crap.

Dec 17 - 12:45 PM

vader_of_vjun

Timothy Maddocks

I'm seeing Serkis as Calculus, for some reason.

Dec 17 - 02:41 PM

Jack le Critic

Jack Blanc

Dec 17 - 06:45 PM

Dread

Gray Thomas

Sirkis is SO the dog.

Dec 17 - 10:45 PM

Truye

Caitlyn Hamilton

When I first read about this movie being made the director's felt that the original artwork is so iconic they should not stray far from the designs.

Dec 18 - 12:10 AM

jasperoosterveld

Jasper Oosterveld

The first two books af TinTin are so racist, especially the one in Afrika, the changed it later. But that were the 50ties ;) I loved the other books! Great comics, so much fun. I am curious how the movies are going to be. I always loved the professor :)

Dec 18 - 04:33 AM

GiantYoda

Ed Parker

Serkis is also likely to play GOLLUM again in the "The Hobbit" which was just officially announced as being directed by PETER JACKSON!!!!!! Soooooo freeekin' excited!

Dec 18 - 09:13 AM

beatlefan74

Alex Brodsky

I think that Simon Pegg from Sean of the Dead an Hot Fuzz would make a perfect tintin...

Feb 24 - 05:16 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office