The Air I Breathe Reviews

September 8, 2012
follows the 'ammores perros' formula of several seperate stories of life in the city of angels that all come together around an incident
½ September 6, 2012
ahh.. what can i say?
this movie is so misterious,. good enaf for me, to kept me not sleeping in one nite.hmm
August 27, 2012
When a film's main premises are: a) Brendan Fraser being a psychic badass, b) Andy Garcia being anywhere in the film, and c) relying on Sarah Michelle Gellar's "acting talent" you know you're gonna shoot yourself in the foot before pre-production even begins. It tries too hard to be Crash and Magnolia tied together and ends up being a boring ultra-violent piece of trash that makes no sense at times. BUT...Emile Hirsch is excellent, as he always is.
½ August 25, 2012
brendan frazer can act!
August 19, 2012
Some good moments but, as a whole, nothing special.
August 18, 2012
Four stories that collide into one. Well done for an indie movie - probably the best indie I've seen yet. The acting by all the major players (Whitaker, Fraser, Geller, Bacon and Garcia) was compelling. {I do need to admit here that Fraser and Geller are two of my favorites} The stories are short and connect in simple, subtle ways. The overall movie is a winning effort. It deserves the R-rating for violence.
½ June 27, 2012
Interesting for a while, but takes a complete nosedive toward the end. It is notable however that Brendan Fraser can actually act.
½ June 19, 2012
Wow ..i was amazed on this movie and the connection it had with the actors what a great movie
hunterjt13
½ June 18, 2012
Four stories revolving around a gangster come together.
I have to quote Kyle Smith of the New York Post: "Brendan Fraser is Pleasure, Sarah Michelle Gellar is Sorrow, Kevin Bacon is Love, Forest Whitaker is Happiness, and the director is Pretension." What a hilariously true line. The film seems to want to say something profound, but I have no idea what it is. While most of the performances are fine, Brendan Fraser is grotesquely miscast. Playful and exuberant most times, Fraser is forced to adopt a stern, sullen, unaffected demeanor, and it doesn't suit him; in fact, I often hoped that he would break into a wide grin and exclaim "Just kidding" before doing cartwheels down a dark alley. Andy Garcia is bipolar, irrationally erupting into screams after delivering most of his lines in a menacing whisper, and whoever thought it original to name a gangster "Fingers" should lose a finger.
I did like how the film came together. It's not near the Altman Standard, but it's more clever than I was expecting. And I also liked the idea behind the Fraser character: just because one can see the future doesn't mean that one can change it.
Overall, the Post sums this film up best: it's remarkably pretentious.
March 20, 2009
A movie that gets better as it goes. I like stories that tie unrelated characters together. Brendan Fraser's character was extra cool.
½ April 25, 2012
When you got four stories in a movie, then it's important that they are all good, I found one of the stories worth fallowing, the rest was just to kill time. It's not the worst movie I have seen, but it won't end up on my must watch list. The movie got potential, maybe changing the plot a little and it would be a movie you watch because you want to, not because it the only dissent thing going on the TV.
April 15, 2012
I thought it was fantastic. Very reminiscent of Crash, although not as good. Amazing performances by everyone, but especially Whitaker. This movie really made me feel the emotion as they described each one.
July 12, 2009
½ September 1, 2011
A ripoff of Crash? Could be, but for some reason I thoroughly enjoyed and I loved the intertwining of the stories. It was quite gripping.
April 10, 2012
I really liked this movie alot.......
April 3, 2012
My full review coming soon.
April 19, 2008
No matter how stupid and idiotically pretentious it is. It isnt without it's charm. Kevin Bacon and Sarah Michelle Gellar are the only ones who show any sort of talent. And Forrest Whitaker is usually good but in this he was terrible, it's like he wasnt trying in this.
February 10, 2012
Josh jedan lepo upakovan, nerealni kenjac od amrichkog filma. Ovo pishem dok ga gledam...
February 8, 2012
i can understand why ppl dont like this movie but i enjoyed it. thought it was nice 2 watch.
January 24, 2012
I watched this film, very unusual, Julie Delpy has something of a cameo or small role in this film compared to many of her films.