Weekly Ketchup: Chronicle Star Cast as Spider-Man 2's Harry Osborn

Summary

This week's Ketchup has lots and lots of movie development news stories involving sequels (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2, Clerks III, Pacific Rim 2, TRON 3, and Wreck-It Ralph 2). Is our long, slow slog through the wave of remakes finally behind us, so that Hollywood can get back to focusing its collective social regurgitation on that whole chestnut, the endless wave of sequels? Perhaps, or perhaps this was just a very "sequelly" week, and the near future will bring us back to the remakes and reimaginings and all that re-re-re-business. George Clooney, Matt Damon, and Johnny Depp also made some news this week. Back to Article

Comments

Alan Smithee

Alan Smithee

News of Kevin Smith's retirement is fresh like Mentos.

Dec 7 - 05:09 PM

zinc alloy

zinc alloy

really liked red state.......was hoping he'd get on a roll

Dec 9 - 09:57 AM

marylin f.

marylin felton

If you think Curtis`s story is really cool,, in the last month my auntie's best friend basically easily made $6350 working an eleven hour week from their apartment and their friend's mother-in-law`s neighbour has been doing this for seven months and brought home over $6350 in there spare time from there computer. follow the guide on this web-site..http://lnk.co/KRLZU

Dec 10 - 01:42 PM

Andrew Targaryen

Andrew Targaryen

Can't wait to see Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn, he was pretty good in Chronicle. I also can't wait to see what they do with Wreck-It Ralph 2, this could be a very Toy Story-ish series.

Dec 7 - 05:15 PM

Ellis F.

Ellis Fowler

I didn't really like the Toy Story series. The first one was great, but the other two felt like the same story with different bad guys.

Dec 7 - 07:53 PM

King  S.

King Simba

Personally I thought each Toy Story film was better than the one preceeding it. I liked how 2 and 3 delved into surprisingly deep themes for family films. Whereas the first was simply about the two main characters learning to set aside their differences, the second was about choosing between a happy but short life and a dull but long one, while the third was about learning to let go and move on.

Dec 8 - 10:42 AM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

yeah, i agree. although the first one was a big part of my childhood, and the second one i didn't like as much, i felt the third one was better than both. so, personally, for me it is 3, 1, and then 2. 3 and 1 are close though. however, after your comment, i almost feel like watching them all again. :P

Dec 8 - 11:22 AM

James Adams

Adam Pass

i also agree with you

Dec 8 - 02:12 PM

Branden Mata

Branden Mata

What, I can't believe someone just dissed Toy Story 2 and 3 so badly. Arguably the best trilogy ever imho(Yes, its up there with Star Wars and Lord of the Rings at least to me). Toy Story 1 and 3 are my favorite, both tied. 2 is amazing, but not better than 1 or 3. Still, better than almost any other animated film imo, other than maybe The Incredibles.

Dec 8 - 04:42 PM

Chris Middleton

Chris Middleton

Yes The Incredibles is severely under heralded. In my opinion it's as good or better than any of the big live action super hero movies that have been destroying the box office the past few years.

Dec 8 - 11:02 PM

Travis Allred

Travis Allred

Toy 2 sucked, 1 was pretty good and 3 was excellent so I agree 3,1,2. Incredibles was a lot of fun but the movie we're all forgetting, the one that started it all and the best of the bunch is Finding Nemo

Dec 9 - 08:01 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

I think DeHaan is a brilliant actor and hope that the amazing spiderman sequel can supply him with a script to actually work with. Wreck it Ralph is one of my top fav's this year. I think the idea of Mario in the sequel is stupdendous as long as he's not being voiced by Channing Tatum. Ha.

Dec 7 - 11:31 PM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

i agree. i was let down by the reboot, but with these new casting rumours i'm hoping the sequel is much better. i'm cautiously optimistic. dehaan stole the show in chronicle! :)

Dec 8 - 11:23 AM

Devon Westerholm

Devon Westerholm

is guardians of the galaxy no longer considered one of the movies leading up to avengers 2?

Dec 7 - 05:16 PM

MEL

Blank Mel

Nice choice for the new Harry Osborn, indeed chronicle is ranked somewhere in my 30 Top Favorite superheros movie.
And I'm glad that some talented guy like Seth MacFarlane is going for more movies now! Can't wait to see his next movie

Dec 7 - 05:17 PM

Brett Kovach

Brett Kovach

"Marvel still has three more movies yet to continue to lay groundwork"...You forgot Guardians of the Galaxy after Captain America!

Dec 7 - 05:17 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Top News:

Looking forward to it. Definitely the better Spiderman movie.

Fresh:

1. I finally saw the first half of this movie in my Language of film & animation class, & I was not liking it (being CGI being the last reason as to why). Far too predictable, lame 'dooty' jokes, & bland characters. I'd rather hear news about Disney making a 2D animated movie of Thumbelina or Rumpelstiltskin.

2. Yawnville, even for news about Johnny Depp.

3. Yawnville (still love you Damon & Clooney)

4. A musical Pan's Labyrinth? Umm, not sure. I adore musicals (anyone who says musical news is crap can suck it), but I'm still waiting to hear more news about the third Hellboy movie or his Beauty & the beast adaption with Emma Watson.

5. Have yet to watch Ted, but I'm looking forward to it when I get to.

6. Still more Yawnville.

7. Still more fucking Yawnville.

Rotten:

2. Motherfucking Yawnville!

1. ...So this is rotten news because?

Dec 7 - 06:14 PM

King  S.

King Simba

I think it's mainly because of DC's poor track record of kickstarting franchises other than Batman. It also feels like they're rushing things in order to cash in on the success of Avengers. Granted, I can see why they're desperate for a massive franchise, what with Harry Potter and The Dark Knight trilogy being over, but still it they're not careful Justice League could very well end up being just an Avengers wannabe (and as the article pointed out, it doesn't help that they've picked a villain very much like the one planned for Avengers 2).

Dec 8 - 10:00 AM

Dec 8 - 11:02 PM

Travis Allred

Travis Allred

Dec 9 - 08:01 PM

Tom Carter

Tom Carter

It's good to see DeHaan get more notice, he was really good in Chronicle. Now, I hope for this film they get some other villain in this film besides Electro, because he's not really enough, I don't think, to hold a film as the only antagonist. The Lizard wasn't a good solo antagonist in the last film either (I would've preferred to see him and another villain together. Dr. Connors' story was a good one, just not enough to hold an entire film, in my opinion)so I don't see how Electro will. I'm not sure about the idea of Jamie Foxx being cast, but we'll see. To me, there are only about 3 Spider-Man villains who could hold their own in movies as the solo antagonist, and they are Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, and Venom. The former 2 got their own in the previous Spider-Man trilogy (and one may get rebooted in this new series), and the latter 1 had a so-so role in the last one. We'll have to see with this...

Dec 7 - 08:32 PM

Alberto Zeeky

Alberto Zeeky

Carnage? A lot of people have been begging to see that character. I also personally wouldn't mind seeing Shocker. Just please, no Vulture or Hunter... pure stupid villains, I'd rather see Rhino over those 2.

Dec 8 - 08:55 AM

Alberto Zeeky

Alberto Zeeky

Potentially Mysterio or Scorpion as well, an introduction to Kingpin? Spider-Man probably has the best set of villains to work with for a film that its almost hard to go wrong.

Dec 8 - 08:59 AM

This comment has been removed.

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Care to explain this wild allegation?

Dec 7 - 11:35 PM

This comment has been removed.

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

I guess Bram Stoker's Dracula was a ripoff of Nosferatu as well.

Dec 8 - 02:16 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Darkseid was created by Jack Kirby (Iron Man, Thor), so it's a very blurry line. Besides, Superman is a total bite from Nietzsche. (Or was it Hercules? Achilles? Samson?)

Dec 8 - 07:26 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Dec 7 - 11:31 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

This week in THIS WEEK IN GUILLERMO DEL TORO NEWS! 4 Projects Del Toro is excited about until Studios give him notes about what needs to be done or else funding will be cut followed by Del Toro exiting from the Projects!

Dec 7 - 11:33 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Care to explain this wild allegation?

Dec 7 - 11:35 PM

This comment has been removed.

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

I guess Bram Stoker's Dracula was a ripoff of Nosferatu as well.

Dec 8 - 02:16 PM

Dec 8 - 08:59 AM

Alberto Zeeky

Alberto Zeeky

Dec 8 - 08:59 AM

Massiel Ramirez

Massiel Ramirez

Yes i do think Darkseid and Thanos are be biggest evildoers(lol) in JL!!!

Dec 8 - 09:47 AM

This comment has been removed.

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

I guess Bram Stoker's Dracula was a ripoff of Nosferatu as well.

Dec 8 - 02:16 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Dec 8 - 07:26 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast